User Tag List

Page 194 of 560 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 204 244 294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 8398
Like Tree24191Likes

Thread: Share your personalized Shoppers Optimum offers here!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would have to disagree with Silk...

The coupon's clearly say that its not supposed to be combined with any other points promotions.... And it's plain english. Now most cashier's don't give a damn and will punch anything in, and if it works it works. I like those type of cashiers, however the cashiers that actually read the coupon's and choose not utliize them based on the plain english found on the coupon, are the cashiers that are actually doing thier jobs correctly. Thank god, most of them don't.

That's why I treat all the cashiers with a warm smile, and friendly conversation.... Got a keep them on my side. lol
    uanoor, peachies, nalaric and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lorken View Post
    "Hello Beautiful" cosmetics bonus book

Don't know if this has been asked already, so here goes: A couple of weeks ago I got a snail mail "Hello Beautiful" booklet. Each page is a big tear-out coupon for 10x points when you purchase any cosmetics item of a brand. The brands are Lancome, Clinique, Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, Yves St. Laurent, and Benefit. If you use 3 coupons you get a bonus 10,000 points. Expiry is April 6.

I am thinking of using these next week (after this week's 20x cosmetics event is over) to help bump up my points balance. Since I regularly use Clinique and Estee Lauder, I have no problem finding items to stock up on. However, I don't normally buy anything in the other brands, and I was hoping to use a 3rd coupon to get the bonus points. The Yves St. Laurent is for fragrance, and hubby is a sneezer, so that's a no-go for me.

So I was wondering, does anyone have any suggestions for a lower-priced item I could try from either Lancome, Elizabeth Arden, or Benefit? Things I would use are sunscreen, or makeup remover, or lip or brow pencils...do they have anything like that? I don't really want to spend big bucks to try for something in a brand I don't know just to get the bonus points...but I will spend small bucks to do it!
    If you can use it this week with the your beautiful promo to double dip
    lorken and maple7 like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Used 6k wus $20 on food/snacks
    20x on cookies
    2700 on toilet paper

ROMEO, amira84, maple7 and 1 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    @lorken. I have heard great reviews about genefit they're real mascara. I believe it's sold for $29.00.

I am sorry i can't help you about lowest priced item in these brands but what i do to find out makeup products and prices is that i go to www.sephora.ca and write down "benefit cosmetics", or in your case "lancome" etc. That way you can see their products, prices and reviews.

I have noticed that high end cosmetics are always priced the same everywhere in Canada. Or atleast sephora.ca, and murale, and sdm high end cosmetics prices are same.

Have fun with your make-me-jealous worthy coupons and collect as many points as an addicted sdm lover can get.
    Agree with everything Amira84 has said.

If you go to Sephora's site the prices will be the same, however Shoppers doesn't carry everything so you might want to have a few items in mind.

My understanding is that Lancome invests more in product research so is slightly higher priced but don't know that for sure.

Benefit They're Real mascara is a favourite with many people.
    ROMEO, amira84 and terry2144 like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think that a great majority of the time it's not actually the cashier exercising discretion, it's the store policy - there are stores that I go to that every cashier processes every coupon the exact same way and take them all, even trainees, and other stores that the cashiers do not want to combine offers and when I've asked them to try because the system will reject the coupon if it's not ok they'll tell me that their manager is very explicit on how to process Shoppers coupons.

Lucky for me my 3 local stores are owned by the same person and they are fully into using ever coupon, with mfc and promos and 'what else can we do for you today, ma'am?'
    amira84 and terry2144 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tara22ca View Post
    I didn't get any coupons either  I sent an email asking why lol, maybe I will get a response or better yet some coupons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you only missed one week, you may have been randomly selected to not receive coupons that week. It used to happen occasionally to everyone.

A couple of other thoughts:

Are you using your card each week? Wasn't using dh's card for a few weeks and for two weeks in a row he didn't get offers. I decided to buy eggs on his card and his offers started again. Could be a coincidence but now I make sure I use both our cards each week (usually buy eggs if I don't like any of the emailed offers). I don't think missing one week makes a difference though.

Did you do anything to change your account? My account got messed up last summer (from changing my mailing address). Others on this board had problems potentially from doing promo code account updates (point promotions) or possibly from entering their contests. Now I'm always concerned when I do either of these things, I value my emailed coupons.
    ROMEO, engo, amira84 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lorken View Post
    "Hello Beautiful" cosmetics bonus book

Don't know if this has been asked already, so here goes: A couple of weeks ago I got a snail mail "Hello Beautiful" booklet. Each page is a big tear-out coupon for 10x points when you purchase any cosmetics item of a brand. The brands are Lancome, Clinique, Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, Yves St. Laurent, and Benefit. If you use 3 coupons you get a bonus 10,000 points. Expiry is April 6.

I am thinking of using these next week (after this week's 20x cosmetics event is over) to help bump up my points balance. Since I regularly use Clinique and Estee Lauder, I have no problem finding items to stock up on. However, I don't normally buy anything in the other brands, and I was hoping to use a 3rd coupon to get the bonus points. The Yves St. Laurent is for fragrance, and hubby is a sneezer, so that's a no-go for me.

So I was wondering, does anyone have any suggestions for a lower-priced item I could try from either Lancome, Elizabeth Arden, or Benefit? Things I would use are sunscreen, or makeup remover, or lip or brow pencils...do they have anything like that? I don't really want to spend big bucks to try for something in a brand I don't know just to get the bonus points...but I will spend small bucks to do it!
    I love Lancome Doll Lashes Mascara, its my absolute favorite and well worth the price (about $32) IMO. I find that their makeup remover is quite nice as well, but pricey compared to the $8 Sephora makeup remove I have that works just as good. I love benefit as well, 'they're real' would be my second choice for mascara.

Have fun shopping for makeup!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all. About redemption this weekend.
    For me, I don't have my eye on higher priced cosmetics or electronics, so will not be cashing in 50000 or more points.
    But finding 8000 wus $30 (and similar) great for building my points and easier for me to take advantage of best prices on everyday items.

Love all the $20 off coupons wus $60 I've been getting for the past 2 weeks. Much higher $ value with less redemption points (38000 + $20 off coupon) = $80 of items with only tax oop.
    AND
    I can combine the 8000 wus x$, along with other points offers, with this purchase. Need to keep restocking those points!

Sure wish I used the higher end makeup. See great points offers on here. May have to start...
    Last edited by WINNIPEGZELDA; Tue, Mar 17th, 2015 at 04:54 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I have this one really nice cashier, who knows me well now, at my local SDM who won't allow me to combine personalized coupons with other promos, reads over the coupon very thoroughly, matches the optimum card with the card # on offers etc...I just learn not to go to her till if I want to combine..Lol. Most other cashiers are young and always say "I will try it, but it may not work" and I'm like "ok, sounds good. Thanks"..
    Mich649, amira84 and terry2144 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I wasn't able to use pop for Food and Snacks
    terry2144 likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    A few of times for me, it was up to the cashier's discretion. This happened to met three times with three different cashiers and at two different stores: On 20x WUS $50 or 18500bp WUS $75, a cashier denied my 8000bp WUS $30 and their reason was that it was already a 20x/18500 promo day. On two of those occasions, I called head office optimum line, explained the situation and asked if it could be applied. Both times the CS agent said that I couldn't have the points due to "not to be used in conjuction with any other points promotions or offers"
    that has nothing to do with the ITEMS you bought though. That was not my point. We were not talking about combining offers here, simply what is classified as food and snacks. What the coupon APPLIES to is never at the discretion of the cashier.
    Silk, amira84 and terry2144 like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    I wasn't able to use pop for Food and Snacks
    Used it on pop today. I think it wasn't working correctly before?

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

This has kind of gotten away from the thread topic of food and snacks and gone into combining offers, so if we aren't talking about the personal offer of food and snacks, we can discuss combining offers in other SDM threads please
    uanoor, amira84 and terry2144 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

got $10 off $40 for Wen. does my total before tax needs to reach $40 before i use manufacture coupon or after? Thanks!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

amira84, maple7, beckie.c, thanks for the great suggestions! I'm leaning towards trying the benefit mascara (I haven't used any mascara in a long while as it used to always leave me with raccoon eyes) but I'll definitely check the sephora site out first to see what else catches my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    If you can use it this week with the your beautiful promo to double dip
    Anna Michele, I thought about that, but would I be able to combine them? Are the 20x points awarded immediately? The coupon is for 10x to be awarded a couple of weeks later...wouldn't they see I already got the 20x and therefore not give me the 10x?

I would so lo-o-ove to be able to combine them but don't want to lose out...
    Last edited by lorken; Tue, Mar 17th, 2015 at 12:21 PM.

Thread Information