• 2 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 2 Post By walkonby
  • 2 Post By Ciel

Thread: The Bell Canada " dance " has some new steps this year

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I know many of you do the same as me and phone Ma Bell to get those sneaky little increases they try to slip into our bills each year removed and good for us, BUT this year the rules have changed. ( I think? )

I noticed the increase right away on my total bill ( paperless I was viewing it ) I checked each line of charges and the only thing different was they had removed each discount from both the tv and the phone??
    The first CS guy tried to tell me that the discount they had given me the last time had actually EXPIRED! Wha??
    It had an expiration date that I did not see printed right at the end of the discount description for both the tv and phone.
    yup! it was there alright Expires March 28th.

I never remembered an actual date being there before, I just called each year when I saw my charges went up, so this is something sort of new I think ( correct me anyone if I am wrong )

So I asked to speak to the Loyalty department.
    I tried my best to stay calm as I asked the rep I was transferred to why Bell didn't inform me of this new practice of a " best before date " by entering that info into the Important Information box on page 1 of my bill? I always look there for anything new I should be aware of. I just felt that they were hiding it thus putting the onus on me to call before that date.

It took longer than I wanted but the CS rep relented and did in fact give me a brand new discount equal to the one I had before which is good for 8 months, so I said to her " I guess I'll watch for that expiration date from now on then " and she goes
    " no, there won't be any, Bell is trying to streamline things and find the best way to serve customers ...bla bla bla " omg! first she lambasted me at the beginning of my call saying this was on ME that I had not seen the expiration date in the first place NOW she is saying that they may be doing away with it again?? make up yer darn minds Ma Bell!!

my old thread is here....in that one I had previously praised the CS I received from Bell, I am still grateful they will honour my request this year to save money on my bill but my blood pressure went up a bit this time..

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/271577-...ervice-canada/
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell, Guess
    Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Mar 31st, 2015 at 02:45 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Bell & Rogers are such a bunch of crooks.

My parents home landline has gone to $ 35 + Tax now. Every year or so they seem to be increasing it a few bucks !

This is just a basic line , with NO additional features like Call Display , Call waiting , Long Distance etc etc.

They are NOT heavy cell phone users..they do have a pre paid cell phone for emergencies and stuff like that..so pretty much use their landline.

Thank God their internet is with DISTRIBUTEL , and not with these crooks ..they pay $ 40/month for high speed internet , with unlimited download & upload ..no bandwith cap , no overage charges etc . Their speed is also very fast ..fast downloading , uploading , WiFi etc

Wish they could get rid of the BELL line , but they don't really want a VOIP phone right now ..they prefer regular phone line for power outages , 911 etc.
    Ciel, walkonby and terry2144 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think if you look at your BELL bills online ..all the bills for the various months in a table . You will see a tick mark under the heading messages.

That means there is an insert attached with that months bill . In that insert or message , somewhere in a fine print , they sneakily put in the increases etc..not in a prominent place..so they can say ..O we informed you , but its your fault that you didn't see it .
    Ciel, walkonby and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yes tjthemanto, if I was not diligent each year mine too would have escalated up. I am trying to stop Ma Bell in their tracks, we too have a land line ( with nothing extra ) and my phone bill would have gone as high as your parents did if I had not called each time they attempt to increase the rates without giving me any improvement or any upgrade in my service.

So glad we dropped their internet service quite a while ago, switched to Teksavvy.
    Ciel, tjthemanto and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I called last month as my 1 year offers on satellite and phone were expiring and I was told they only offer discounts for 6 months at a time so I marked my calendar 4 days to call and beg again (lol)
    Ciel, walkonby and Durham Couponer like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

well the CS person yesterday said this newest adjustment was for 8 months, not sure why?
    Ciel likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yes tjthemanto, if I was not diligent each year mine too would have escalated up. I am trying to stop Ma Bell in their tracks, we too have a land line ( with nothing extra ) and my phone bill would have gone as high as your parents did if I had not called each time they attempt to increase the rates without giving me any improvement or any upgrade in my service.

So glad we dropped their internet service quite a while ago, switched to Teksavvy.
    We've tried to be diligent and call each time, but I always get the "sorry, it is what it is" speech. No offer of discounts or credits. Or maybe on an $8 increase, you get a $2 decrease, but it's still a $6 increase overall.

I'm so very tired of Bell's games. Last year, they decided to upgrade our modem (and charge us $50 or some ridiculous amount). Then, I had a knock on my door. LO was napping so I didn't want to answer and wake her. Then the phone rang and LO started crying. It turned out to be the Bell guy saying he was on our doorstep and can he install it right now. No notice, appointment or anything! How do they expect people to be home at 10 AM on a Wednesday so they can just drop by?!

So above the cost of the new modem, we have to pay the new rental fee, which I called to tell them I thought they could improve on, and they said nope.

Finally, yesterday, we made the switch to a different internet. Oh Bell, how I really, really, really am truly unimpressed with you!!
    Ciel, walkonby and kimijeen like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

sweetsparrow!! I know!! My blood pressure would go up just dreading that call each year, and just like you they would try and throw you off with " sorry nothing we can do ", but I dig my teeth in them because I actually am a very loyal Bell customer, I have never left them ( no cell phone , so always a Bell land line ) Hopefully now by leaving their internet service you will reduce your monthly bills at least.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

walkonby, the CS rep's comment about streamlining things, wondering if this is related to the new pick and pay television comin
    wondering if Bell is fighting this and will have increased fees if you pick the package they don't want you to pick
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

we may look at suspending our internet since the weather is nice, and use free internet at the library
    the fee to suspend use to be $20 and is now $40
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

see Shwa?! Bell will never stop trying to whack us even when we are trying to take a short break from using their service. ( wow! a $20.00 increase to suspend it ) oh and I totally forgot about that whole pick and pay thing coming up....yikes! can hardly wait to see what they offer then.
    Ciel and kimijeen like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Shwa Girl 's got a point-the pick and pay cable option comes in December 2015.
    I really hope some SCers have preferred shares in Bell and are vocal with the board of directors about the lousy CSR stuff but the board likely set targets that led to staff being told not to give discounts unless a customer raises social media ruckus or is very connected to one of the big Bell customers.
    walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do your parents have cellphones? They can use that if there is a power outage and emergency. The 911 does work. There address should already be in the provider's system. It just needs to be updated if they move. The e911 was a big deal years ago but today not as much. Today VOIP is so similar to a regular phone and so much less expensive. I use VOIP and am really happy with it

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Bell & Rogers are such a bunch of crooks.

My parents home landline has gone to $ 35 + Tax now. Every year or so they seem to be increasing it a few bucks !

This is just a basic line , with NO additional features like Call Display , Call waiting , Long Distance etc etc.

They are NOT heavy cell phone users..they do have a pre paid cell phone for emergencies and stuff like that..so pretty much use their landline.

Thank God their internet is with DISTRIBUTEL , and not with these crooks ..they pay $ 40/month for high speed internet , with unlimited download & upload ..no bandwith cap , no overage charges etc . Their speed is also very fast ..fast downloading , uploading , WiFi etc

Wish they could get rid of the BELL line , but they don't really want a VOIP phone right now ..they prefer regular phone line for power outages , 911 etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by KDivers View Post
    Do your parents have cellphones? They can use that if there is a power outage and emergency. The 911 does work. There address should already be in the provider's system. It just needs to be updated if they move. The e911 was a big deal years ago but today not as much. Today VOIP is so similar to a regular phone and so much less expensive. I use VOIP and am really happy with it
    @KDivers I am guessing that your post was meant for @tjthemanto ?

Thread Information