User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Anyone have the Stream notebook from SDM

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I have purchased it but the sales lady tried to say it was more of a tablet. I think she may have confused it with the chromebook. Am I right?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Sun, Apr 12th, 2015 at 09:09 AM.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Work from a happy place with a stylish, affordable, Windows-based PC. Store your content in the cloud for easy access from anywhere you have internet.[1]

Free cloud storage
    Get 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage included for one year so you can easily store and share your favorite photos, videos, documents, files, and more.[2]
    Office 365 Personal included
    Optimized for both online and offline use, the full version of Office 365 Personal includes Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Access, plus cloud integration for one year.[3]
    Thinner, lighter design
    With flash storage and fanless design, this PC is built for cloud computing on-the-go.

OS
    Windows 8.1 with Bing 64
    Processor
    Intel® Celeron® N2840 with Intel HD Graphics (2.16 GHz, up to 2.58 GHz, 1 MB cache, 2 cores)
    Memory
    2 GB 1333 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (onboard)
    Wireless
    802.11b/g/n (1x1); Bluetooth®
    Ports
    1 USB 3.0; 1 USB 2.0; 1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo
    Dimensions
    11.81 x 8.1 x 0.78 in
    29.99 x 20.57 x 1.98 cm
    Warranty
    1-year limited hardware warranty support
    Software
    McAfee LiveSafe™ trial offer (Internet access required. First 30 days included. Subscription required for live updates afterwards.)
    7-Zip; Getting Started with Windows 8; HP Connected Drive; HP Connected Music; HP Connected Photo; HP ePrint; HP Support Assistant; HP Utility Center; Microsoft Games; mysms; Netflix; Skype; TripAdvisor; Get 25GB of free online storage for six months with Dropbox
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Any advice/input is appreciated
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I think its a 2 in 1 type as I searched. I mean a touch screen tablet with a key board.
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Don't know about this model but the Windows Store sucks imo.
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Any advice/input is appreciated
    It depends on what you will be using it for. The HP Stream 7 is okay. It is a functional tablet PC if you want the windows type experience, or being able to running windows programs fully. I have apple and android devices and find them to be more easy to use then the HP Stream 7. The windows app store is nowhere what you'll find with apple or android. The attractive point about the HP stream 7 is the price. I'll admit got one during a redemption, but honestly I seem to go back to my desktop/laptop more often than the Stream7.
    Shwa Girl and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Thats what I did it was about $50 after discount and redemption I thought it would be good to take traveling for the kids to keep busy on. They said I could return it if I decide to as long as I don't open it
    Molebdynum likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Thats what I did it was about $50 after discount and redemption I thought it would be good to take traveling for the kids to keep busy on. They said I could return it if I decide to as long as I don't open it
    Its good to have this rather than nothing at all or if you can't afford paying $300+ for a real tablet. However, if you have the money, I'd rather put the $50 towards an android tablet (Google Nexus 7 or 8)
    Last edited by jsmile; Sat, Apr 11th, 2015 at 03:36 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi,
    I bought that HP stream using my points couple of weeks ago, and I'm loving it. For $120, its amazing and it comes with a 1year Office 360 subscription and a $25 Microsoft store credit..
    I love the fact that it's an actual PC that you can do anything you would on a regular PC.
    Apps selection is not as big as Android but it has all the major ones that you would use.
    I like the size factor that I can hold with one hand especially great for ebooks..
    Just let me know if you have any specific questions.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh, I think you are talking about the 11 inch HP stream netbook, not the HP stream 7 tablet, is that right? As the specs you posted are for the netbook not the tablet.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Saskatoontown View Post
    Oh, I think you are talking about the 11 inch HP stream netbook, not the HP stream 7 tablet, is that right? As the specs you posted are for the netbook not the tablet.
    Season 40 Winners At War

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I thought you got the Stream 7 windows tablet. The Stream 11.6 looks like a capable enough entry level pc. I think the hard drive is a little small If you start installing games or application you will definitely have to upgrade to a larger hard drive.
    Anna Michele likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought the 11.6 Stream on Senior's day a couple of weeks ago. $249.99 is the regular price so got 20% off plus that day they also gave us a $10 gift card. Definitely not a tablet. It is a netbook computer less the hard drive. It comes with 32GB of memory built in and you can add another 128GB via a SDHC card. The lack of hard drive make it very light for travelling and the keyboard is big enough that us with large hands can get by. The idea being that you get a years subscription to 1TB of cloud memory with One Drive (Description). It also has no fan so is very quiet. It does NOT have a touch screen.
    dagney, Shwa Girl and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mikefromcanmore View Post
    I bought the 11.6 Stream on Senior's day a couple of weeks ago. $249.99 is the regular price so got 20% off plus that day they also gave us a $10 gift card. Definitely not a tablet. It is a netbook computer less the hard drive. It comes with 32GB of memory built in and you can add another 128GB via a SDHC card. The lack of hard drive make it very light for travelling and the keyboard is big enough that us with large hands can get by. The idea being that you get a years subscription to 1TB of cloud memory with One Drive (Description). It also has no fan so is very quiet. It does NOT have a touch screen.
    Awesome thats what I wanted to hear we did the same but they wouldn't give my mom the gc. I think tjis will be prfect fir teavelling and thd price is definitely right
    Season 40 Winners At War

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Oh I hope you did not buy HP! I have to say I have had the worst experience with HP laptops, which I think are really bad quality. We have owned four HP laptops and ALL of them had quitted after one year while my 12-year Asus and 5-year old Fujitsu has stayed powerful [though slow compare to todays technology]. My uncle had bought Sony about 4 years ago and that is going well for him as well.

First laptop (~$550 pretax): battery dead after 1 year, 1.5 month and laptop just went nut
    Second laptop (~$560 pretax): screen is damaged after 1 year and cost of replacement > cost of laptop
    Third laptop (~$600 pretax): completely stopped working after 1.5 year
    Fourth and most recent laptop (~$800 pretax): hard drive got damaged after 7 month and they replaced with who-know-what hard-drive and it is pain in the as to use this very slow laptop because I think they have put some cheap as hard-drive

I am not giving a single cent to H&P now!
    Anna Michele likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information