User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Flash'n Go and it was gone!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I purchased one of those Flash'n Go hair removal devices back in January from SDM during a 20x points event. The lady who helped me said to use it once a week and to start at level 2 but to quickly move up if it doesn't hurt. So I used it the first time at level 2 but went right to the max, level 5, as it didn't hurt; the first couple times it was warm but that was about it. I did read in the instructions to use it every two weeks, but figured there was no harm in using it weekly in the beginning since the girl in the store did. As well, it is not suppose to be used if you are getting sun on the area so I wanted to get hairless before summertime. Anyways, for the past month I've only been using it every other week because I have no hair growth under my arms anymore! My bikini line still has about 30% of the hair to go and my calves still have 50% of the hair they did before but it is much finer.

This product is a definitely a two thumbs up. I hated shaving as I always got razor bumps and ingrown hairs under my arms. It still requires shaving just before using the flasher but I have not gotten any ingrown hairs since starting using it. It's pretty darn awesome!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I didn't know that Shopper's sold the Flash n Go, thought it was only available online. I was reading reviews online and they were mixed. Did you have any burning? Some people said they got a (what seemed like) sunburn from it.
    Thanks for posting.

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

I redeemed for one on the last redemption..... I only recently read about people using them more often than every two weeks, so have started using it every week on the highest setting. So far I haven't noticed any big changes but am positive I will (it has only been 3 times) Two places included in my hair attack are my upper lip and chin... I feel really silly shaving these areas, lol, but not having to pluck anymore will be worth it

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg View Post
    I didn't know that Shopper's sold the Flash n Go, thought it was only available online. I was reading reviews online and they were mixed. Did you have any burning? Some people said they got a (what seemed like) sunburn from it.
    Thanks for posting.
    The first two times I used it on the highest setting it did get a little warm on my bikini line; not ouch like a sunburn, just warm like after a waxing but way less and no pain like during waxing. I put aloe gel on my skin after I use it. It does have 5 settings though and is suggested to start on a low setting and work up to what feels okay.
    avoncallingu, ticul, KDawg and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I have been debating on redeeming for this thanks for posting
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

do you have to buy a new 'bulb' or light for it? Just wondering how long the 'flash' lasts for. Thanks so much for posting a review on it. I've been considering getting one.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Hmmm I'm intrigued. I'm getting tired of paying for bikini waxing and would rather just see the hairs gone for good. How much is this at SDM?
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Ohhhh this is intriguing! I did laser hair removal quite a few years ago and got about 6 or so sessions in and the woman decided to sell her business. Needless to say, any hair that started to disappear came back because I didn't keep up with the treatments. Kinda wasted a ton of money.
    I've never seen this in SDM, can I ask how much it is?
    Get Motivated, get Inspired, get FIT - Follow me ~ https://www.facebook.com/ForeverFITCourtney/

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I think that I either buy this or become the bearded lady at the circus! I'm so sick of shaving my chin! I also started lazer treatment years ago but never followed through. I HATE being "stubbly" and also hate shaving!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Do the instructions say anything about being useful or not for people who have excess hair growth due to pcos?
    avoncallingu, BC Gal and ticul like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^mom, I have PCOS, too, and it doesn't matter why/how there is hair growth - it's just whatever method works for a person.

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I'm also curious to know how much this is at SDM! With a redemption next weekend, it could potentially go on my list!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow, thank you all for sharing your info. Very interesting.................

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

OP, sorry for this forward question that you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but what colour is your skin tone and hair? I read that these kinds of things only tend to work for people with darker skin tones and darker hair.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I paid $179.00 plus tax and got 20x points, but I saw it once in the fall for $159.00. As far has having to replace the head, the one at SDM does have a only have a certain amount of flashes, then the head would have to be replaced. Sorry I cannot remember how many light pulses it comes with but it's in the thousands (it said on the outside of the packaging). I'm pretty sure it will be enough for what I'm using it for and I won't need to replace the head which would cost around $60.00. However, if you wanted to get one machine for a few people in your house to use, you might be better off getting it through the silkn website as I believe they have a model that has unlimited light pulses/flashes.

@torontogal12 - I have very light skin and brownish hair. The lady at the store did say coarser hair actually goes away faster - she had been using her machine on her arms where the hair is finer, and I couldn't see any hair left on her arms so it should still work on light, fine hair. The booklet does say darker hair goes away a few weeks faster, but skin colour is not mentioned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information