User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: Shoppers Coupons getting a bit stingy.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WINNIPEGZELDA View Post
    I know I'm still a newbie at this, but I do NOT go to shoppers with hubby's card and use his offers.
    We are there together. HE hands over his card and offers.

SDM said "managing" means opening email and printing for him

I don't think there is any couple out there, where one spouse goes to shoppers alone, purchases ONLY the items they personally eat and use, comes home, and stores in their own cupboard.

Then the other spouse goes alone to do the same.

Makes no sense.
    I agree with you,me and my hubby go for shopping together but I do 2 transactions one for me and one for him.
    Because he doesn't know anything about coupons and promos when I try to teach him he start saying it's better we go together,I can't go alone.
    He doesn't buy any single thing for himself I have to buy everything for him,his shave gel,razors,perfume,body washes,toothbrush,toothpaste etc etc
    That is why we go together everywhere...
    Now when the system is going to be more advance with loading offers,it should not be an issue as long as their concerned is to get our business.
    Last edited by momi; Thu, Apr 30th, 2015 at 03:11 PM. Reason: I meant,with loading offers there should not be any issue now but I forgot to write word Not'
    Poobah likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momi View Post
    6:30 - called and spoke with another rep. She said she could see a lot of notes. Asked a lot of questions.
    end result -
    I manage both cards on 2 different email accounts
    I print personal offers
    I shop with my husband when we use his card, or when we use my card
    We cannot have 2 card between us, viewed as misuse of card
    I'm to have husband call, transfer his points to my card, then cancel his card so we have only the allowed 1 card between us. She gave us her name, asked for hubby to call and ask for her to do this. Then she would issue the 8000 points as a 'good will gesture'.

This particular rep had a big problem with us shopping together and with each having a card.
    Other than me "managing" the way she described, there is nothing odd or unusual about either of our purchases, no returns, nothing ever No photocopying, no each of us using our cards on the same shop, no switching Friday offers, no extra large purchases.
    This rep was not interested in issuing the bonus points as per the purchase. She really zeroed in on
    "are you with him when he shops?" "Who prints the coupons?" etc...
    I also told her that the store manager and clerks can verify we always shop together.

There is no problem with each having a card, just make sure that each person opens and prints their own offers, AND shops alone.
    ...according to this rep...

momi and Poobah like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

6:30 - called and spoke with another rep. She said she could see a lot of notes. Asked a lot of questions.
    end result -
    I manage both cards on 2 different email accounts
    I print personal offers
    I shop with my husband when we use his card, or when we use my card
    We cannot have 2 card between us, viewed as misuse of card
    I'm to have husband call, transfer his points to my card, then cancel his card so we have only the allowed 1 card between us. She gave us her name, asked for hubby to call and ask for her to do this. Then she would issue the 8000 points as a 'good will gesture'.

This particular rep had a big problem with us shopping together and with each having a card.
    Other than me "managing" the way she described, there is nothing odd or unusual about either of our purchases, no returns, nothing ever No photocopying, no each of us using our cards on the same shop, no switching Friday offers, no extra large purchases.
    This rep was not interested in issuing the bonus points as per the purchase. She really zeroed in on
    "are you with him when he shops?" "Who prints the coupons?" etc...
    I also told her that the store manager and clerks can verify we always shop together.

There is no problem with each having a card, just make sure that each person opens and prints their own offers, AND shops alone.
    ...according to this rep...

So what's wrong if you manage your hubby's card.....
    I still have the same question....
    My sister has optimum card but she is too busy to even check the email what offers she had....
    I open email for my hubby and my sister,I do have access to their email address...
    I do print the coupons,I I go for shopping with them but I am the only one who handle the whole shopping.
    The only difference is that if I had any issue using my coupons I call sdm ho directly but if there is any issue using with my hubby or sister card(coupons)... I contact sdm by email....for my sister I can call but for hubby I can not.
    Ivanasavalot and Poobah like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have one question,
    If any one can help....
    Now when the offers are loadable how the system know which offer I want to use.
    For example if there is 20x points day on Saturday and I receive the email offer spend $50 to get 15000 points or spend 75$ to get 18500 points,
    If I go for shopping on Saturday and I want to use my loaded offer not the 20x points day offer what will happen?.
    Poobah likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This rep had a big problem with it. I wasn't supposed to open his email or shoppers account.

If anyone ever asks if spouses can each have their own card...the answer will be YES.

but

If anyone ever asks if one spouse can do just the computer stuff for the other...the answer will be NO.

I'm sure with this rep, if I fibbed when she asked, there would be no problems, and life would have gone on as usual.
    Last edited by WINNIPEGZELDA; Thu, Apr 30th, 2015 at 02:26 PM.
    walkonby, momi, amira84 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This rep had a big problem with it. I wasn't supposed to open his email or shoppers account.

If anyone ever asks if spouses can each have their own card...the answer will be YES.

but

If anyone ever asks if one spouse can do just the computer stuff for the other...the answer will be NO.

I'm sure with this rep, if I fibbed when she asked, there would be no problems, and life would have gone on as usual.

I have read a lot of posts here and by your posts it looks like you talked to a bad egg. There is nothing wrong with every adult in the house getting a card for themselves, and it's not sdm's business to ask from anyone if they print their coupons or not, if they open their email or not blah blah.....

I would really want to see your hubby get a new card and for future reference just don't call sdm if you have a problem on your hubby's card. Teach him every little detail about the problem, and that how he is going to talk to sdm rep, what is he going to say and everything....and offer a small reward for him in return. That's the way i do it with my hubby...

I can clearly see it was a big hassle for you and your hubby and i don't blame you for cancelling his card after that much blaming. But it is possible that sdm rep did not understand your problem/situation clearly, and i don't fully blame her for that because, as everyone of us know, there has been a lot of foul play in terms of using sdm coupons lately and it is very possible that she developed this perception from the start of your call and she couldn't let it go.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momi View Post
    I agree with you,me and my hubby go for shopping together but I do 2 transactions one for me and one for him.
    Because he doesn't know anything about coupons and promos when I try to teach him he start saying it's better we go together,I can't go alone.
    He doesn't buy any single thing for himself I have to buy everything for him,his shave gel,razors,perfume,body washes,toothbrush,toothpaste etc etc
    That is why we go together everywhere...
    Now when the system is going to be more advance with loading offers,it should be an issue as long as their concerned is to get our business.
    Initially when I started collecting points on my card, the card used to be in my wallet because DH doesn't like carrying too many cards. Sometimes I have asked him to pick up milk, bread etc from SDM when he was coming from office( only one car then), the cashier was same all the time asked him his card, when said no, she finally said that he can have his own card and opened him new card(we weren't aware of smartcanucks then). Now also I use his card for offers once a week either in Fridays or Saturdays. He rarely goes to SDM except for Vitamins.
    momi, Poobah and WINNIPEGZELDA like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Now I don't know what to say except sorry for the rants and for putting up with me. I am more upset today with that rep's treatment than when it happened.

Called Shoppers several times today to ask for explanation. Lines very busy but just got through.

This rep listened to the chain of events, put me on hold for 5 minutes while she went to talk to someone, came back on and told me they have:

- no problem how I manage our cards in our home
    - no problem with me doing all of my husband's computer stuff (including printing for him)
    - has no idea why that rep told me these things as not true
    - no problem with us choosing the better offer between the 2 cards and going together to shop on that card
    - no problem issuing hubby another card if he wants one
    - apologized for info given by and treatment to me by other rep

Hubby ordered a card.
    Time for more advil.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I would really want to see your hubby get a new card and for future reference just don't call sdm if you have a problem on your hubby's card. Teach him every little detail about the problem, and that how he is going to talk to sdm rep, what is he going to say and everything....and offer a small reward for him in return. That's the way i do it with my hubby...
    Little off topic, but it occur's to me that Amira may have a better "Reward" program then Shopper drug mart. haha

Kay carry on.. I've been enjoying the read.
    Last edited by Poobah; Thu, Apr 30th, 2015 at 04:07 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm too exhausted for that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
    Little off topic, but it occur's to me that Amira may have a better "Reward" program then Shopper drug mart. haha

Kay carry on.. I've been enjoying the read.
    tobiwobi, amira84 and Poobah like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh... Also now that this whole conversation came up, I was actually at the store one day when the gentlemen in front of me had one of his cards cancelled. The clerk explained that she thought it was because he was using 2 cards, and the gentlemen didn't argue with her. So they do cancel cards all the time... I imagine it's because the way that gentlemen used it made it obvious.

If I were to use two cards (and I don't). I would use my Optimum Mastercard to load up 2 disctinctly different gift cards. Then I would use a marker and put a symbol on matching pair's of the gift cards / Optimum cards so you don't get confused as to what giftcard and optimum card goes together... Or something like that...

But even that wouldn't be a guarantee they couldn't track the same mastercard loading up the seperate Gift cards, linked to purchases on the applicable 2 Optimum cards. Then there is the whole issue of transferring points from one card to the other... Probably a really bad idea if you don't want to get caught.

So to me... I think I'll just keep using the 1 Optimum card and continue to at least capture the 15 + 10 bonus Points from the Mastercard / giftcard combo, rather then try to tempt fate by using multiple Optimum cards.

(This has nothing to do with those of you shopping with Hubby... that's a flip the coin kinda thing... I guess in reality (a dreaded place) I guess it comes down too, if your hubby ain't smart enough or willing to use the program on his own.. Then in reality he shouldn't have the card from Shoppers perspective.)
    Last edited by Poobah; Thu, Apr 30th, 2015 at 04:19 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm too exhausted for that!

Lol at you and poobah. I was talking about offering him a chocolate or lasagna or pizza or something else he loves to eat. Lol.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Lol at you and poobah. I was talking about offering him a chocolate or lasagna or pizza or something else he loves to eat. Lol.
    yea... I believe you.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the laughs @Poobah and @WINNIPEGZELDA . My hubby had a good laugh on your comments. Lol.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Now I don't know what to say except sorry for the rants and for putting up with me. I am more upset today with that rep's treatment than when it happened.

Called Shoppers several times today to ask for explanation. Lines very busy but just got through.

This rep listened to the chain of events, put me on hold for 5 minutes while she went to talk to someone, came back on and told me they have:

- no problem how I manage our cards in our home
    - no problem with me doing all of my husband's computer stuff (including printing for him)
    - has no idea why that rep told me these things as not true
    - no problem with us choosing the better offer between the 2 cards and going together to shop on that card
    - no problem issuing hubby another card if he wants one
    - apologized for info given by and treatment to me by other rep

Hubby ordered a card.
    Time for more advil.

what a relief!! That other CS rep should have a performance interview and have her own Optimum card cancelled! ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information