User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: a mini brag and a question

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Arr I HATE when people misuse the term 'fraud' without eventually knowing what it really means!

One one purchase means that you cannot use two SAME coupon on ONE product. You can still stack with DIFFERENT coupon if store allows. I remember once Energizer forgot to put that term in one the coupon and some used two same coupons on one purchase and stores were able to get the money back from Energizer [Lets yell INSIDER report].

I used to buy coupons on ebay but it has been more than 3 months since I have not bought any and I am proud to say that. The reason for this was the sudden increase in price. I was ok with saving 50% but now I see many asking $10 for $20 worth of coupons. For ebay, it is the 'time spent on collecting' that is being sold rather than the coupon itself. I don't know but it def. does not cost 1 hour [lets make $10 equivalent to 1 hour] to collect points. I have juggle school, work and part-time couponing on the same time without jeopardizing any i.e. still managing to get top in university [ok may I being little egoistic here :p ]

I really think couponing on ebay should be banned just like on Listia [though I was bit sad but thats ok].
    I know this site is U.S. based, but here's a link with respect to coupons and eBay:

http://www.couponinformationcenter.com/ebay.php

Also on that site, again talking about the U.S., however same wording appears on coupons here, this is what it states with regard to selling coupons and using the "selling time vs. coupons" mentality:

1. Buying coupons. When a person buys coupons, they may be inadvertently purchasing stolen property or counterfeit coupons. Even if there is not a direct criminal penalty involved, both coupon buyers and sellers open the door to potential litigation when they buy or sell coupons because they are in violation of the “nontransferability” clause printed on all coupons distributed within the United States. The transfer makes a coupon void. Coupon sellers often include legal disclaimers stating that they are selling their time, a service, or even envelopes that just happen to contain coupons instead of the coupons themselves. Such statements are invalid and do not offer any legal protection. Rather, such statements suggest that the sellers know that their coupon sales are inappropriate and wrong.
    Bugaboo9601, ticul and dededi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mandy403 View Post
    ONE COUPON PER PURCHASE MEANS YOU CAN USE 1 COUPON PER EACH ITEM YOU ARE BUYING!!!!

One coupon per purchase simply means the manufacturer's don't want you to use TWO coupons on one item your purchasing.

Definitely NOT Fraud

Great savings by the way.
    The cashiers really ruin our fun!!!
    Paapu, walkonby, ticul and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Yes I encountered many times the cashiers who read and say limit one coupon per purchase then I ask them to rinng four transactions. Next time I avoid them.
    Paapu, walkonby and ticul like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by morningrose View Post
    Yes I encountered many times the cashiers who read and say limit one coupon per purchase then I ask them to rinng four transactions. Next time I avoid them.
    oh believe me, if I was not trying to get the PC Plus points that were attached to this deal I would have simply bought one can at a time, but as you know the PC Plus offer would have been used on the first one, so I was SOL on that front.
    Paapu, ticul, mandy403 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oh believe me, if I was not trying to get the PC Plus points that were attached to this deal I would have simply bought one can at a time, but as you know the PC Plus offer would have been used on the first one, so I was SOL on that front.
    Yesterday I bought 4 swiss vitamins on clearance to $3 to $6 in SDM ,I thought if I buy all of them then it would add to my basepoints so I can have better points coupon .So I took all 4 in one transaction using coupons. Problem arrives when cashier is picky reading word by word and say I can ring only one.We couldn't argue with her sometimes if there is big line behind us.So I asked them to ring one by one.Last week I missed Palmolive dishwasher like that,had 800 pts,cashier said I can use only 1 coupon. So I voided other two and left them there.I tried to explain her limit one coupon per purchase is different from limit one coupon per customer.
    I also felt upset many times.
    Paapu, walkonby, ticul and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

This also hapen to me and like MorningRose, I explain to them that, one coupon per purchase is different from limit one coupon per purchase, per customer. They understand it but they are still not sure. Like some SC I some times have to educate them as they really dont know. I have to say that here they are starting to be familliar with coupons now as more peoples are starting to coupons here too.

Walk, sorry to ear that she kind of ruin your shoping time. Thank you for sharing...................
    Paapu and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I've noticed a lot of cashiers (and supervisors) being extra annoying lately. These are all things that wouldn't come up if they actually read the coupon

- This isn't valid in Canada
    - This doesn't have an expiry date
    - Coupon is valid on "any" (but this isn't the one in the picture so you can't use it)
    - This coupon is not for this product (even when it is literally the one in the picture)

Then there's these:

- If you use identical coupons, cashiers re-read every single coupon (you know, in case the fine print mysteriously changes on the second identical one)
    - Cashiers who read your coupon. Input your coupon. You put your groceries away. Then they don't believe their own eyes, so they make you unpack your groceries while they re-read the coupon for the third time (this happens a lot)
    - "This says not valid with any offer. Our store sale is an offer so you can't use a coupon"
    Paapu, walkonby, amira84 and 1 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I've noticed a lot of cashiers (and supervisors) being extra annoying lately. These are all things that wouldn't come up if they actually read the coupon

- Coupon is valid on "any" (but this isn't the one in the picture so you can't use it)
    - This coupon is not for this product (even when it is literally the one in the picture)

Then there's these:

- If you use identical coupons, cashiers re-read every single coupon (you know, in case the fine print mysteriously changes on the second identical one)
    - Cashiers who read your coupon. Input your coupon. You put your groceries away. Then they don't believe their own eyes, so they make you unpack your groceries while they re-read the coupon for the third time (this happens a lot)
    - "This says not valid with any offer. Our store sale is an offer so you can't use a coupon"
    I've come across this one A LOT - especially at SDM
    Paapu, torontogal12 and amira84 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I kind of enjoyed going through this thread and checking off all of the issues I've also had. I've had the 1 coupon per purchase issue many times. I've had "you can't use a coupon and price match". Most recently at Safeway, I had "we don't accept printed coupons at all." I asked "Is this a new rule?" and she said it wasn't but then asked her manager and it turns out she misunderstand the 'no printable FPC' rule.
    Paapu, walkonby and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

At one time or another I've had all these issues with cashiers, I usually try to explain very nicely the difference from 1 coupon per purchase and 1coupon per customer..all the stores I go to now are very good and they know me now so everything is good..except for the other day, at my favorite SDM I was buying Emergen-C reg. $16.99 on sale for $5.99 price scanned at $16.99, they went to check and they said its on sale for $5.99, I said I get it for free..the cashier said you get $10.00 off the reg price!!! So, I said you want me to pay more for it than the sale price?? She said she got in trouble last time so she called the manager...he said it should be off the reg. price after explaining it to them they gave it to me for free..I told them they should call the SCOP people and get this straightened out so they can train their staff properly.. ( I did mention in a previous thread about getting scope but the item scanned at $14.99, so it was hard to explain to them, now the item was more than the sale price).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Then there's these:

You actually made me laugh out loud. My favourite was being told I can't use the coupon because I wouldn't be paying them anything, I needed to buy a more expensive product or come back when it's not on sale. I bought my other items, put them in the car and returned and purchased it at another cash.
    Paapu and torontogal12 like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I used to wonder who would call the computer help desk line out of confusion when the computer prompted them to press "any" key. NOW I KNOW!!! ....and yet, I'm still confused as to why they're confused....

Oh, ignore me. It's been a long day and LO has used up every bit of patience I had.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Hahaha Homer Simpson!

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I used to wonder who would call the computer help desk line out of confusion when the computer prompted them to press "any" key. NOW I KNOW!!! ....and yet, I'm still confused as to why they're confused....

Oh, ignore me. It's been a long day and LO has used up every bit of patience I had.
    Paapu and walkonby like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    171 (99%)

@walkonby - you did the right thing. Don't feel bad about it. Each item is a purchase. I have had so many experiences like that in the past.

@d.o.t - lol
    walkonby likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information