User Tag List

Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

good monday all..

i spent a good portion of the day yesterday at the hospital. we're not quite sure whats going on.
    indicators are a blockage in a bile duct.. treatment is either medication to break it down or surgery.
    after arriving, finding my dad alone in the hallway..he was waiting to go for testing... he hadn't had lunch yet and looked quite 'lost'
    i realized quite quickly his room mate was 'under severe observation' felt odd sitting in the hallway while authority was sitting in the room next to me. ..reasons i can't discuss for that...
    we had a short visit, then my mom and sister/bil arrived. the latter was a surprise....
    they finally, after we were told no the test is tomorrow, straightened it out and sent him on his way..
    1.5 later they came back to realize.. oops. we lost him. one department thought they had him, as did another.. no communication...
    nothing like an 82.5 year old staring at walls by himself for 1.5.. we were furious..
    my sister said you either go check for him or i will. i came a long way to visit and really not happy.
    they only got to see him for 15 minutes before they had to leave out of a 2 hour visit....
    they were going back home to see their own (adult)child who had just had er surgery that day...

anyway.. after a long 5 hour visit it was time to go. i was mentally exhausted..
    however i think we may have finally convinced mom they need to move... way too much stress...

i have a couple of meetings today... tomorrow is my MRI wish me luck..
    prayers for us.. we need them..

enjoy your week if i don't get back on.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^Definitely sending my thoughts and prayers your way. Hope everything is okay with your dad and hope your MRI shows nothing negative. God Bless (that's quite the day you had yesterday) and definitely hope your parents think about moving.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning ladies. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It was such a beautiful weekend weather wise that DH and I did nothing but gardening. He took care of all the vegetables in the garden and I took care of all the flowers in the front of the house. The few perennials that I have purchased in the last couple of years are almost ready to bloom. Have purchased a few more this year and I just need one more. I want something red to pop against all the green. Will have to google the internet to find something I like. Well back at work now. Hope you all have a good day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Sending good vibes Mrs Sunshine.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

We had wonderful family filled weekend, glebe garage sale, dh's birthday, re-use it centre .

Off to this am to run errands this am with dh, hoping to be back by noon.

Have a great deal all.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Rainy Monday for us! Good day to be at work. Meal plan so far is:
    Monday- Chicken stir-fry
    Tuesday- Tacos (I will have taco salad )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Spent $41.00 on my PC MC for groceries. That includes a pizza I bought for DS from Little Ceasers. It was Friday and I waned to treat him. I just remembered that I have hot dog and hamburg buns in the fridge so thinking I should save the tacos for Wednesday night (meat is cooked in freezer) and make chicken burgers tomorrow night( from SDM redemption a few weeks ago) and serve with sliced cucumbers and salad. Will send DS hot dogs in his lunch WED since its hot dog day at school

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    So called Bell from FIL's they have rescheduled to tomorrow....nice to know as I have no phone, I don't need to be home as I suspected the problem is in the lines nowhere near my home, they were going to come Sunday but I made a stink as this is my only phone as we don't have cells, told them it was a health & safety issued, barked up a few trees (lol) and finally hit someone who understood what I was getting at, that if I needed an ambulance, fire department etc they would be liable and would have a possible law suit, etc. So I truly hope that by 5pm tomorrow evening we have a functioning phone with a dial tone....geez....they charge and arm and a leg for services but don't have any respect for people time, to just sit around and wait for someone not to show up or even have you wait at home when the problem isn't even at your home....frustrating.
    That's horrible! When you leave Bell, they cite dependability as the primary factor to keep you with them, saying only their lines will work in a blackout. I really hope you get a discount for each day your line has been out of service and that they give you a goodwill credit to keep you happy as a customer.

When I left Bell, I really felt they were using bully scare tactics to keep our service with them. The phone is the only service we have left with them and I can't wait to be rid of them completely....

@SassyAshley: I'm sorry to hear you're having such a horrible time at work. It all sounds very frustrating and I'm surprised to hear that office politics are no different in a family business as it is in a large company. I really hope things get better and your co-workers work with you on what needs to be done. You always sound so busy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    i spent a good portion of the day yesterday at the hospital. we're not quite sure whats going on.
    indicators are a blockage in a bile duct.. treatment is either medication to break it down or surgery.
    after arriving, finding my dad alone in the hallway..he was waiting to go for testing... he hadn't had lunch yet and looked quite 'lost'
    i realized quite quickly his room mate was 'under severe observation' felt odd sitting in the hallway while authority was sitting in the room next to me. ..reasons i can't discuss for that...
    we had a short visit, then my mom and sister/bil arrived. the latter was a surprise....
    they finally, after we were told no the test is tomorrow, straightened it out and sent him on his way..
    1.5 later they came back to realize.. oops. we lost him. one department thought they had him, as did another.. no communication...
    nothing like an 82.5 year old staring at walls by himself for 1.5.. we were furious..
    my sister said you either go check for him or i will. i came a long way to visit and really not happy.
    they only got to see him for 15 minutes before they had to leave out of a 2 hour visit....
    they were going back home to see their own (adult)child who had just had er surgery that day...

anyway.. after a long 5 hour visit it was time to go. i was mentally exhausted..
    however i think we may have finally convinced mom they need to move... way too much stress...

i have a couple of meetings today... tomorrow is my MRI wish me luck..
    prayers for us.. we need them..
    @MrsSunshine: prayers for you and your dad. And a big hug from me to you.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Afternoon All,
    Monday is upon us. Back at work and trying to get caught up, think I am getting there eventually.

Alone for dinner tonight so think I am going to use up some left overs out of the fridge, I think the rice is calling me. I just cannot decide if I want to make fried rice or pot roast stew over rice. Think I will decide once I get home and see where my ambition level stands. Do I have a lot of chopping in me or do I want to just toss in the oven and be done with it.

Tonight I need to find some time to get a few things done around the house, empty the dishwasher and reload, clean the bathroom floor and I think that is good for tonight.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone! Sorry I haven't been online lately. I've just been trying to catch up on sleep, and laundry, and cooking, and cleaning, and yardwork, and grocery shopping, and....

I don't know how people do it. I don't know how people get themselves together in a day, or how single parents survive.

Tonight will be spent packing all the things I forgot to pack yesterday, like LO's sunblock for daycare. I'll have to wash her new (to her) shoes for outdoor play, and get a DVD renewed at the library. Hopefully, I'll get some laundry done and some freezer meals put away for her as well.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-mrs.sunshine prayers for you and your dad
    -well did 2 loads of laundry for daughter-in-law -took ashlyn to playground this morning with papa
    -she napped for 2 hours ,I read then when she woke up she went in the blowup pool for a bit -then she had a meltdown -too hot out -then brought her in and gave her a freezie and a yogurt
    -that was my day from 6.30 til 430-supper will be cereal and raisain bread toast an tea -tooo tired from this heat

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

@Sweets parrow Life is hectic when you have kids esp little ones. Hang in there! I promise it does get easier as they get older and more independent

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    75 (100%)

All 5 items picked up so I now have $180 in my selling crap jar Just need another $50-$60 and I'll have enough to cover the fruit trees and the new canvas for the gazebo

Still trying to get new daycare clients for summer/fall but haven't got any calls from my kijiji ad or my FB ad. Going to try and do up a flyer to put on the Foodland bulletin board tomorrow and see if that will reach some other people.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiegirl2010 View Post
    All 5 items picked up so I now have $180 in my selling crap jar Just need another $50-$60 and I'll have enough to cover the fruit trees and the new canvas for the gazebo

Still trying to get new daycare clients for summer/fall but haven't got any calls from my kijiji ad or my FB ad. Going to try and do up a flyer to put on the Foodland bulletin board tomorrow and see if that will reach some other people.
    Great job

Do the local schools have bulletin boards that you could post on?

Also perhaps see if you could leave your name & number with schools? And bulletin board at the corner stores, grocery stores, etc, just a thought?
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I am constantly saying to my DH, how do other people do this!!!??? I guess, the same way we are. I have not watched TV in over a week, because I chose to clean instead. The people who want a clean house are probably thinking, how is her house clean, meanwhile, I am drooling over the fact that they watched a movie with their hubs. We all balance the scales in a way that works for us. I am headed off to bed. Two days without Coke. Oh man... I am trying to get back to once or twice a week instead of once a day!!! 4 more course assignments. I can taste the end...thinking a date night to celebrate!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information