User Tag List

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Crochetlady: dinner for me today was some Anna Mae's bread with butter, yum. Our table was ready to pick up so DH went to get it and I reminded him to stop for baked goods.
    Natalka: I know you had been craving steak and it's hot in Sask now so perfect for the BBQ.
    andit: I agree with the others this sounds like a second opinion may be needed.
    mrs. S: prayers for you with your family. I fear we are not far off such an experience my in laws are in great health but in your late 80s that can change quickly. Next week they celebrate 60 yrs of marriage and we share their anniversary but are just at 21.
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 7 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Popped in Shoppers today. They had a .99 cent bin! Shaving cream. And men's razor ( looked on shelf and retail for $11.49 each!). And cavendish fries were marked down to .99 too! Grabbed for stocking stuffers! And noticed old sign on Mars bars minis- so SCOP. Woohoo! Put in the fridge for a sweet treat down the road

I take it the Cavendish fries are not stocking stuffer's ?

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    I take it the Cavendish fries are not stocking stuffer's ?
    Lol, I had the same thought
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

mrs.s that is frugal packing lunches when my mom was in hospital 42 days before she passed I took lunches every day
    -jasper-yes "ashlyn" is in daycare 2 day wed/thurs then I watch her friday -the following week my son watches her
    -yes ladies i will rest up on wed -you are soo right -today she was looking at the clouds in the sky she is too much fun sometimes -oh and we played ring around the rosie a bunch of times ,painted ,coloured too

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    ladies..
    well....decisions have been made.
    no surgery. LTC is now being processed.
    its going to be a tough summer..

if anything im being frugal by packing lunches to eat at hospital.
    Praying for you and your family!

Name:  hugsbearflowers.gif
Views: 125
Size:  53.9 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Woke up today hoping things would be different, but they aren't... but I'll think positive, there's a lot of the day to go yet!

Hope the rest of you have a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy hump day! We just had a wicked rain/wind storm but think it may be done now. Hope my pup is ok at home alone. The good news is I don't have to water the garden tonight

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Yeah, I'm finally (!!!) feeling better! Ears are finally starting to unblock. I still have a bit of a cough, but at least I don't feel like sleeping 20 hrs a day. Sigh, the joys of having a simple cold (what can sideline someone for 3 days knocks me for a loop for a month, blech).

Today will be all about vacuuming - it would appear we're going through another shedding phase. We'll see how much the jealous boyfriend allows me to do, since he just wants to be squished. All. The. Time.

Better get started with my day (critters let me sleep in past 9am, which is unheard of!). Even more shocking, they're not fighting over the tiny sliver of sunlight!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Inquring Minds Want to Know!!!!

If you were gifted $400 what would you use it for, do with it, etc????
    I think I'd save it in my savings account until the end of the month for the bonus interest (even though it would be practically nothing). It would give me time to think. We'd probably put it towards paying the lawyer for drafting our wills.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Went to Walmart and Marks while out that way. And I got a SCOP! Reg 18.97 sign said $10. Rang in wrg. Attachment 284613
    I might look for that! I still remember the construction site type lunch boxes I had as a kid. Ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    mrs. S: prayers for you with your family. I fear we are not far off such an experience my in laws are in great health but in your late 80s that can change quickly. Next week they celebrate 60 yrs of marriage and we share their anniversary but are just at 21.
    @MrsSunshine : I am in the same boat. My parents are in their 80s and constantly going for tests. Praying for good health for your parents and strength for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Woke up today hoping things would be different, but they aren't... but I'll think positive, there's a lot of the day to go yet!

Hope the rest of you have a wonderful day!
    Thank you, Natalka, for always starting our days with a good morning and a smile. I hope your current issues pass soon and you feel better as the day goes on.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

QOTD: Do you always carry around a small amount of cash in this electronic age to save on bank fees or debit charges in some places? That unexpected coffee?

I seem to have very little use for cash except for the coin for the shopping carts, but I still carry around an emergency $20. Change is so heavy and LO goes into my bag a lot. I try not to have any cash on me in case she finds it and tries to stick it in her mouth.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning ladies. After being off SC for one week and just reading the last few posts, it made me realize how different all our lives are but yet we all have so much in common. Family issues, health, finances, etc. As much as I don't know any of you personally, oh my goodness, I don't think I have ever encountered such sweet and caring people like I have on SC. I read some of your posts and I know they are so heartfelt and genuine. No fakeness about them (probably not a word...LOL). Just wanted to say you guys are great!!! Anyways just called DH and asked him how he's feeling and he said he's back to being 100%. He's on the night shift so when I got home last night, he wasn't there and when I left this morning, he wasn't home yet. Made pasta with crab meat and white wine sauce for him last night (this morning). Think I might need to go buy a cardigan at lunch time.....why do they turn the AC on so high at work?? I still have my little heater under my desk going right now. Hope you ladies have a good day and will try to pop in later.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Crochetlady enjoy your lunch and sorry to hear about your neighbour @MrsSunshine good news no surgery is not required, thoughts and prayers with your family, sad to hear that the decision for longtime care is being mandated and not by choice
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

QOTD: Do you always carry around a small amount of cash in this electronic age to save on bank fees or debit charges in some places? That unexpected coffee?

I have a change purse that I normally have about $10 in for unexpected things.

We no longer pay bank fees as we switched to pc financial

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit glad to hear you are on the mend, your fur babies are a hoot

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    Good morning ladies. After being off SC for one week and just reading the last few posts, it made me realize how different all our lives are but yet we all have so much in common. Family issues, health, finances, etc. As much as I don't know any of you personally, oh my goodness, I don't think I have ever encountered such sweet and caring people like I have on SC. I read some of your posts and I know they are so heartfelt and genuine. No fakeness about them (probably not a word...LOL). Just wanted to say you guys are great!!! Anyways just called DH and asked him how he's feeling and he said he's back to being 100%. He's on the night shift so when I got home last night, he wasn't there and when I left this morning, he wasn't home yet. Made pasta with crab meat and white wine sauce for him last night (this morning). Think I might need to go buy a cardigan at lunch time.....why do they turn the AC on so high at work?? I still have my little heater under my desk going right now. Hope you ladies have a good day and will try to pop in later.
    Glad to hear your dh is feeling better

We are very blessed on this thread to have like you said a group of very genuine people, encouraging, no judgements type of people and kindness all around.

Enjoy your day and your new cardigan

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information