User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Mia
  • 3 Post By AddyB
  • 2 Post By anisa
  • 1 Post By anisa
  • 1 Post By cookoo

Thread: Harm of chemichal peels (glycolic, salicylic, etc...) and microdermabrasion

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I thought it's worth sharing. Read this article:

The facials that ruin your skin: They promise to leave you looking peachy - but expensive anti-ageing facials can wreck your looks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...eck-looks.html
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Mia; Fri, May 22nd, 2015 at 10:08 AM.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Think twice before using salicylic acid for acne, or glycolic peels for glowing skin, or even Clarisonic (use that at least twice a month).

Good I forgot for a long time my Neutrogena microdermabrasion device.

It's better to use an ordinary washcloth for cleansing your face (or at least an ordinary facial brush but once a week not often).
    Last edited by Mia; Fri, May 22nd, 2015 at 10:11 AM.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I came across with this article after searching online "what does glycolic peel mean" because I was thinking of buying that fancy Caudalie Glycolic Peel from Sephora. No way!!!

P.S. Oils are more useful for skin (e.g., coconut oil) than all those peels.
    Last edited by Mia; Fri, May 22nd, 2015 at 10:13 AM.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mia all your posts are very informative, thanks for sharing, here is one I found which you may find interesting poshthesalon.com/blog/the-top-7-diy-skin-treatments-you-should-never-try/
    and
    youtube.com/watch?v=4lrZqiqoZGA&list=PL7QNgFLgKuaLk9NXUlZL72G_ 8FUExjLkC&index=4
    and
    http://www.smartskincare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4719
    Last edited by AddyB; Sat, Jun 6th, 2015 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Additional info found
    anisa, ROMEO and Mia like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

there is nothing wrong with AHA's and BHA's as ingredients, they are amazing if they are in well formulated products.

The article basicly talks about being cautious about how often you have these high concentration treatments done, and about getting them done properly (not ordering them at home and thinking you can go crazy with them). If you are using a high concentration acid on your face, and are doing it repeatedly with very little time between those treatments, then you would have to be naive to think there wouldn't be any adverse affects.

most of the items on the drug store shelf that have these ingredients have very low concentrations compared to the ones used by estheticians. It doesn't mean you can't over use them, but the frequency of use will still vary from person to person.

I have had chemical peels done, I continuously use AHA's and BHA's at home that are slighly higher in concentration than what you find in cosmetic lines at the drug store/dept. store. I never have irritation issues unless I apply the products too frequently.

As with everything, you have to understand what you are using, what you are doing and remember that more is not better
    Mia and AddyB like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

A recent video by Wayne Goss where he talks about his daily skincare routine. It is pretty intense, and I use a few of the products he shows.

He starts off by talking about the 3 different concentrations of BHA's that he uses, with one of the products being used twice daily, and the other two higher concentration ones used as needed during the week. I happen to use the one in the blue pump bottle he shows, about twice a week, and with the hotter summer weather where I break out more, I find I need to use it more frequently.

He uses a lot of chemical exfoliants, and very frequently. It can be done, but you also have to step back a little if you find that the frequency of use is irritating your skin.

Of course he is not using concentrations that are sold to estheticians, and no one really ever needs to use those products on a frequent basis. It is so much better to use lower concentrations on a more frequent basis, as your skin stays consistently nice.

AddyB likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In other words, do everything in moderation. Chemical peels are not scary if done right by a trained professional.
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Anisa for sharing. Everything in moderation and watching your skin's reaction makes a whole lot of sense.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Fear mongering. If used in moderation it should be fine. Of course if you're an idiot and gonna over do it you can burn yourself etc. Common sense.

Daily Mail is so sensationalistic with their attention whoring headlines

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for sharing here. I also read this article lately and realized that how good I doing to my skin as I always prefer natural skincare routines to treat any of the skin issues. Don't follow up with 'any' of the skincare routine told to you. Consult an expert before you move ahead in this.

Thread Information