User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By collegekid
  • 4 Post By morpheus85

Thread: Shoppers drug mart gift card question

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello everyone,

I have a personalized offer for 8000 points WUS $30.
    So if I load a SDM gift card with $30 and scan my optimum card, will I get 8000 bonus points? Under the fine print, it says gift cards are excluded and I'm not sure if that includes SDM gift card.

Thanks in advance.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmaprix

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Most likely not. There have been a couple of reported glitches in the system but technically you shouldn't. If you do try it, the coupon will likely show as redeemed but you won't get the points. Best to unload the coupon, buy the GC then re-load the coupon (mobile app is handy for doing this on the go) and spent the GC. You can use coupons or redemption to lower your out-of-pocket total as long as your initial sub-total was over $30 and you should still get your 8000 points. Good luck!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
    Most likely not. There have been a couple of reported glitches in the system but technically you shouldn't. If you do try it, the coupon will likely show as redeemed but you won't get the points. Best to unload the coupon, buy the GC then re-load the coupon (mobile app is handy for doing this on the go) and spent the GC. You can use coupons or redemption to lower your out-of-pocket total as long as your initial sub-total was over $30 and you should still get your 8000 points. Good luck!
    I spoke with a rep on the phone. He confirmed that one will only get base points when you purchase a SDM gift card. Thanks again for your input.

Thread Information