User Tag List

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree4723Likes

Thread: June 2015 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just popped in to say good morning to everyone. Decided two weeks ago that it was time to go and get myself checked out. So far I've had my pap, mammogram and this morning I went for blood work. One more test to do and that's an echo cardio stress test. I feel great except for my hot flashes that just started a month ago. I had no clue what they were like but OMG, I just sweat and sweat for about 5 minutes and then I'm done. But I get them about 10 times a day (including at night). Ugh. Bought 10 lbs of ground beef on Wagjag for $35 so $3.50 a lb is pretty good. @Natalka - glad you're feeling a little bit better. @Lilo - glad the 2nd mammogram didn't show "anything". @walkonby - well done on the shopping just once a week. @Granger - I'm sure you're glad the visit is over. Happy for you that there were some good parts to the visit. @MrsSunshine - thinking of you. @SassyAshley - good for you for sticking to your guns regarding the potlucks and I totally agree with you. It's the same here where I work where people bring nothing but eat the most food. @Sweets parrow - glad you found your keys @jasperandchar - smart for taking the store credit and saving it for Christmas. Enjoy your day everyone!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today looks like it will be rainy-just planning to do laundry, groceries, stop at the bank and work a couple hours this aft. My DD who is done school plans to go shopping with her girlfriends-I think teens have the most disposable income -she is looking for a Father's Day gift and a gift for her grandpa's birthday amongst other things. DH will do noon hour supervision as usual and will be off for the summer starting next Tuesday.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I was just thinking now that OMG school is almost done! Have DS signed up for an amazing hockey camp in July that includes snacks and lunch woohoo! That is the best part lol. Need to plan when I will be off so we can do stuff (when it's nice out). Have asked my oldest to babysit sometimes (I will pay him) since his brother is happy being at home (will plan days at home for crappy weather). And some days at a local camp.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I totally agree on shopping once a week. I noticed when we moved and I no longer drive by 2 groceries store to get home our grocery budget went way down because now I feel the stores are out of the way instead oh I will just pop in a grab. Also I find even though I keep a tight handle on our grocery budget when going to multiple stores it is a lot easier to go over budget and not realize until your home and add everything up. It is the simple things that can throw you over budget a couple extra packages of something boom you are over, like last night 3 packs of strawberries instead of 2, 3 Sour Cream instead of 2, 5 containers of yogurt instead of 3, yes all are on sale all are on my list but right there is extra $7.85 I had not planned on spending. The more stores you go into the more temptation there is but even great deal add up quick.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@ SassyAshley- If you buy it for the future then it is saving on your budget in the long run. But only if it doesn't go bad and is being tossed or if you are consuming more just because it is there.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yippee-just booked our ferry reservations for our July trip to Vancouver island and one night hotel using FF miles-the rest of the nights will be at our house exchange plus a couple hotel nights on our way home through Washington state. Should be fun but not too costly.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^That sounds exciting lizzie. On my bucket list to go out west one day. Hope you have fun.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka great news - such a relief @lilo0003 what a scare glad it was only that @Granger good grief who does that
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie bargain I'm jealous of all your smart travelling, enjoy & have a wonderful time as July is just around the corner

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I shop once a week but do try to stretch it to 2 weeks if possible the exception being milk and since the corner stores are 15 minutes each way away I try to get 3 bags at a time. Nothing much on my grocery list this week so that's great, however, I would love to stock up on the sausages at NF's on the way home from the cottage (fingers crossed) they have some in stock

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I was just reading some forums about retirement lol Ah, so gets me back on track! Will be planning meals from the freezer to use up bits of this and that and so stuff doesn't go to waste. Really only planned on buying fresh stuff this weekend from the sale flyers anyway. And keep at posting the stuff not needed to get it out of the house and money in the jar .

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I think I've changed my grocery plan (lol), I think I will pass up the NF's sausage @$1.97lbs and stock up on the lean ground beef at GT 4x400g lean ground beef tubes $10 which comes to .625 per 100grams I believe...geez some lunch meat is more expensive per 100g. Can someone confirm my math (lol)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

[QUOTE=jasperandchar;6413314]QUOTE]

I can't edit so here we go

I think I've changed my grocery plan (lol), I think I will pass up the NF's sausage @$1.97lbs and stock up on the lean ground beef at GT 4x400g lean ground beef tubes $10 which comes to .625 per 100grams I believe...geez some lunch meat is more expensive per 100g. Can someone confirm my math (lol)

AND cheaper than 1/2 beef & 1/2 ground @$2.99lbs

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I am so mad at myself right now. I usually send the township post dated cheques for our taxes in January. Was looking at the bank statement last night and noticed they didn`t cash it for last month. Went all the way back to January and you guessed it...I forgot to send them this year. I found out that it can be paid online so this afternoon I paid 6 months worth of taxes plus the interest. I was thinking a while ago that we seem to have a little more money in our account every month but didn`t investigate. Thank goodness I have a lot of PC points to use for groceries.
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-I think it is .625 per 100 grams but I am not a Math teacher! I have been able to earn an extra $1,000 per month working part time this year so I parked that in my travel fund-I don't mind working a bit in retirement if I get to travel-plus of course I love kids! I earned $800 on my free trip to California in May helping with the 4 boys so using that for our family summer vacation.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Wed, Jun 17th, 2015 at 06:57 PM.

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread Information