User Tag List

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree4815Likes

Thread: July 2015 Frugal Chatter

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @walkonby keep us posted on your clearance finds hope you find lots of great produce etc.
    lol!! well it was a bust again! I was there around 10:30 a.m. and was told the employee that was supposed to be arranging the cart phoned in sick, so the gal said there was another person starting on it at noon, and as luck would have it I did not make it back till after 2 p.m. and there was a watermelon sitting on top! One small watermelon! ha ha
    Well win some lose some I guess.
    Managed to get GT's $2.00 4 pack of bell peppers along with WM 3 pk. romaine for $1.97, so that was a start. It WILL be tough now paying normal sale prices for any produce now that I know what they put out as reduced!
    Oh well TGIF!! and the ribs turned out delicious, so there's that. ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Put TV on for girls. Fell asleep. We will see if it was a one hour power nap or the beginning of me dragging my feet tonight and an early bedtime. DH working tonight with Sr High ministry.
    Last edited by Granger; Fri, Jul 10th, 2015 at 06:16 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, all!

Glad I was able to have a nap (albeit sweaty, sorry!) - even with two fans on me.
    It's now 35. Not impressed. I much prefer -35. Honestly.
    Never have been a summer lover.

Have done nothing for two days with all this heat - it's more just a matter of shifting things around, lol!

Today was my Mom's birthday - she was born in 1926 and passed away in 1996 at 69.
    Missing her....

This is her with my son, Milan - he was 4 when she died.
    I'm really glad he has good, solid memories of her.

Name:  milanbabah.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  32.2 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Jul 10th, 2015 at 07:35 PM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Aw Natalka. What a nice pic. My mom was away this past week in AB. I really missed her presence. Got me thinking...one day I will always feel this way.

Bought the Lincoln Logs. They will be perfect for a Santa present for my eldest. Missing a few pieces but she is still too young to notice.

Definitely dragging and headed to bed after a shower.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @lilo0003: Did you check in the dairy section or ask one of the employees? At our RCSS, they were cleared on the shelf, but there was a large skid of them in the dairy section. If the offer is still up on CO51, you can probably call the store and see if they're in.

Yes, I think so too. The only thing that bothered me was that I bought the cherries for $2.99 when I could have waited another week for it to be $1.99. They're my favourite so I always get a few bags! I've found my limit as to how many I can eat before I get sick. I'm such a glutton for cherries.

Chocolate mint is another favourite. The last time I went shopping, I found that the mint chocolate chips were discontinued and on clearance at RCSS for $1.04. I bought two bags. Now I have to find a special project for them. I don't want to waste them in bad baking!

Oh, when I was a kid a nasty man who lived beside my friend said we could eat as many BING cherries from his tree as we wanted. What an awful night that was! My poor parents had to clean me and much of the surrounding area up!!!
    But I still love cherries! (I don't climb trees to get them anymore, though.)
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Up quite late and we'll be running to London tomorrow to meet Dh's son there and stay overnight. I bought a new shower curtain liner and hung it before he came - but BOY did it STINK like vinyl. It's heavy duty. I put a bowl of vinegar in there today to help take the smell away. I was choking after my shower.

I helped my db to get his new bed organized today. He has spacial problems and double vision and his visual field moves like the broken "horizontal hold" on old TVs. So he couldn't make "Hide nor tail" as he put it for the fitted mattress cover. I went over and labelled 2 of the corners of the mattress cover 1 and 2 and also labelled the corresponding corners of the bed. Now he thinks he'll be able to handle it by himself. We found a new comforter set on sale at Sears the other day and it's very nice.

I also saw a nice set of sheets that would match at Walmart on Clearance that I might go back and buy for him for a birthday present.

I'm going to hit the sack. Good night folks!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @saundyl hope your wrist is healing well and hope your bf is doing well
    The Dr made my day. After two weeks in a cast with what the er referred to as a clinical break to my scaphiod because of pain reaction..the xrays showed no true break or fracture so I'm cast free and "downgraded" to a sprain of the right wrist. I also got to see the xrays of My lefy shoulder and where the fracture is on the scapula.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I still haven't found dh's truck keys. He's texted to see if I found them yet, but I don't have too many more ideas about where to look. There is the possibility that dh locked his keys in the garage yesterday, but I don't have a key at home to check in there for him.

I received another one day FPC in the mail today along with my first Zweet cheque for $28.75. The cheque came within a week of ordering it. I still haven't looked at the grocery flyers yet, but they are safely sitting on my desk, where dh won't recycle them on me.

edit: That friend was able to stop by earlier with a cash float for me. I had cash in my purse so I just exchanged the big bills for small ones.
    What is zweet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We found dh's keys in the garage, where we suspected they might have been.

We have been taking a break from potty training LO, but continue to get him to sit on the potty sometimes. I really want to get some progress going, but when I feel so poorly it is hard to get on top of things. He has been sleeping in his own room for the past month without much issue. He has recently been getting up earlier because it is summer. We have his windows covered in tinfoil, but he's still wanting to start his day well before 7am most of the time. Over the last two weeks he has really gotten into hugging and kissing the babies. It's so sweet because he is gentle and usually asks for permission.

I'm having more issues with insomnia this week. I gave up on sleeping at 5am today, but read on my cell phone in bed. I heard LO talking in his room at 5:30am, but I didn't want to give him an excuse to get up. I eventually got up at 6:15am because I was just too hungry to stay in bed any longer.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well DD told me she got a $20 tip yesterday for taking lots of time to help a tourist find the exact, not too expensive cowboy boots he was looking for. Kind of a nice little bonus as she only earns the minimum wage of 10.20 per hr to to get an extra 2 hrs pay! She said she tried to give it back to him but he wouldn't take it!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Where has this week gone. Don't get me wrong I am happy it is over but if does feel like the week has flown by.

It has been a bit of an up and down week. Sunday night, no idea what was up with Mom but we ended up in a huge fight over the fact I asked if she got a letter from the town as our property taxes went up. Monday she was fine like nothing happened. Went to work and went to ask my Dad a simple question and was uninvited to our managers meeting which totally devastated me. I am trying so hard to move forward in my career but it seems like every time I take a step forward I get snapped back for various reasons. I understand we are in our busy season so we do not want to take any drastic moves but it feels like my brothers are moving forward but I am trapped in my current place. So on Tuesday I managed to get myself re invited to part of the meeting as they were going to discuss customer service which is my area. So negative yet positive all in one. So needless to say there was a ton to talk about with my leadership coach.

As well I have been trying to get stuff done at home but it has been an uphill battle. Mom has gone back into her it is too much it is too over whelming I do not want to deal with it mood. So I have been doing what I can but it is a slow process. We are so busy at work it is becoming so hard to balance. We are having what will probably be s record breaking year. Our business is growing and we are all kind of in survival mode just keep moving, don't look back, don't look too forward just put our heads down and get it done. We are so busy we have brought on a third shift so we are officially running 24 hours with 3 shifts. The area that is booming the most are the areas I handle so I am a little stressed. We have had to bump out our lead times and some days it feels like a bit of a juggling act right now to try to keep on top of everything.

We did our grocery shopping last night, I am happy to say we are on budget and shock of shock we got some beef. Since we are considering in the northern region our No Frills has Eye of Round Beef roasts on sale instead of Pork Lion for $3.00/lb so we grabbed 2 and it cost us just over $20. I was actually quite impressed I figured since we were getting the beef I would have to go into our surplus but we can in on budget even with the beef. Our fridge is officially over flowing and we will eat extremely well this week as we went a little over board on fruits and veggies.

Not sure much will get done today, I have a 6" stack of papers I need to process for work, I have a tub of things to post for sale and of course there is work to do on the house so we will see what gets done but right now my headache I have been struggling with for most of the week has come back.

Have a great day everyone.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well ladies -used my shoppers points for 200.00 off
    -I have been eyeing a bistro metal patio 3 piece set for a few week now 149.99 and a small glass side table 17.99

well turned in my points and bistro set was on sale 129.99(didnt now that) plus got 50.00 worth of food and health and beauty for only 23.83
    -poor baby "ashlyn' was not herself yesterday -my daughter-in-law thought her teeth were coming in (she slept and a half hours we took her to a walk in clinic -she has strep throat -I saw white nodule on her tongue and told daughter-in-law when she called from work-ahhhh she just wanted to be cuddled yesterday and read too

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-is it possible your brothers are treated better at work. Sadly for years family farms and businesses have been passed down to the sons regardless of the skills of the daughters-Tradition but not fair IMHO but don't get me started on that! Sad to day but you may be set up for failure there no matter how hard you work and perhaps time to consider a career change?? Also is it possible your mum suffers from some type of mental health issues and may be in need of treatment/meds? Good luck-I think it is extrememly difficult to both live and work with family members and seems to be leading to a lot of unhappiness on your part, no matter how much you try which seems to be a lot! Anyway JMHO and feel free to totally disregard me if I am reading the situation wrong-I just worrry that you always seem to be banging your head against the wall and feeling unwell and not having any fun or little funtime, and at your age I would hope you could be doing exactly what you want, while earning a decent living and having some fun

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 great news on the keys such a relief. Perhaps blackout curtains would work better for your son's room. @coupon girl great deal on spending your points, enjoy your new bistro set, it's well deserved after building the deck @lizzie bargain nice tip indeed @saundyl glad to hear things are improving @Natalka your mom looks radiant!!! l
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think my fun outing for tomorrow will be a SDM bonus redemption-quite a few things I can stock up on for free!

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information