User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: FREE FPC Lucky Charms & more (Valid only on Aug 7)

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I missed out on this....

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by >Femme Fatale< View Post
    Ugh, I was charged taxes! Even though I pointed out the fine print, they still said I had to. What do you guys do in those situations?

I paid them because I didn't want to look for them elsewhere, but I ended up making a complaint on their website. Has anyone successfully gotten their taxes back in a situation like this? Seems unlikely, but I'm curious.

I'm in BC. No chance they're in the right, right??
    First problem I had was the cereal size issue but I brought my email with me. They kept the paper claiming to submit if there was a problem.

Second prob was taxes. I showed her the coupon and was told I had to pay taxes. I said no and showed her a different coupon that says handling fees only and if taxes were not included then it would say that only not "applicable taxes" as well. She had to ask then she phoned head office and in the end I did not pay taxes. FYI I had no probs last week redeeming and got the taxes covered last week. Both these trips were at Overwaitea.

Third prob was my fault as I grabbed any lunch box flavour for my multiple coupons. As I live in a small town, the cashier called me at work to say that I had to return and exchange any boxes that were not double chocolate as the coupons were only for those ones and they wouldn't get reimbursed if I bought the wrong ones. A second cashier phoned me and said don't worry about it as they will still get reimbursed for them.

Boy the writing was small on those coupons eh?
    peachies likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by princess_m View Post
    First problem I had was the cereal size issue but I brought my email with me. They kept the paper claiming to submit if there was a problem.

Second prob was taxes. I showed her the coupon and was told I had to pay taxes. I said no and showed her a different coupon that says handling fees only and if taxes were not included then it would say that only not "applicable taxes" as well. She had to ask then she phoned head office and in the end I did not pay taxes. FYI I had no probs last week redeeming and got the taxes covered last week. Both these trips were at Overwaitea.

Third prob was my fault as I grabbed any lunch box flavour for my multiple coupons. As I live in a small town, the cashier called me at work to say that I had to return and exchange any boxes that were not double chocolate as the coupons were only for those ones and they wouldn't get reimbursed if I bought the wrong ones. A second cashier phoned me and said don't worry about it as they will still get reimbursed for them.

Boy the writing was small on those coupons eh?

LMAO, im sorry for laughing. But WOW, to live in a town where if you use a coupon and it wasn't claimed correctly they can call you personally to tell you. NOT even at home but at WORK of all places.
    Lots of people know how to make money, but are not gifted in the art of preserving it. Smart Canuckers are different, HAPPY HUNTING!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ClipClap View Post
    ~ Having to explain the "no-tax" with Walmart cashiers is such a pain in the neck!
    I wanted to get the bars but the cashiers still don't understand that this coupon includes the taxes. So I just got the (non-taxable) Lucky Charms Cereal instead ... just to avoid the hassle (there were other people waiting in the line-up behind me).

~ Very frustrating, I know.
    Oh believe me @ClipClap I chose the cereal for that same reason! I did not want a repeat discussion if I had chosen the bars and having to waste my time over this. Thank goodness these 1 day free trial things are coming to an end, I feel they were more trouble than they were worth.
    Ciel and ClipClap like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    155 (100%)

I never got the email either!! But when I was at the store noticed the discrepancy on the coupon but thought I am going to try anyway. Cashier barely looked at the coupon except for the date!! Woo hoo!
    Dark_Angel and Ciel like this.
    RRRRRLF - FPC's for Schneiders/FPC for Prime Turkey/$4 Easy ups from Pampers portal/ $2 Lacoupe/$5 Arctic Gardens/FPC Huggies&Pampers wipes/FPC Barilla/FPC Milk ~ Mean People Suck!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Question to everyone that managed to get a coupon for this.....how do I make sure that I don't miss out such offers again from this moment on? Please advise me as I want to be on top of things. LOL

PM me if you will rather discuss that way
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Stupid Walmart...I tried, unsuccessfully, to point out that the coupon includes taxes...their little brain doesn't allow them to compute that. I gave up and just paid the taxes. Oh and she said she had to ring each fpc through on a separate transaction...What? (This was after bringing the supervisor over as well.)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tictacoh View Post
    I ended up getting one of each item. And I'm so glad I had the correction email on hand as my eagle-eyed cashier noted the 10g weight discrepancy. But he did take the taxes off the bars when I pointed out that they were included, so it was a very good day after all.

Attachment 289862
    Yay!!! So happy you got them ok! Enjoy!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Question to everyone that managed to get a coupon for this.....how do I make sure that I don't miss out such offers again from this moment on? Please advise me as I want to be on top of things. LOL

PM me if you will rather discuss that way
    I don't know what to suggest other than keeping an eye on the forums and also signing up for the save.ca coupon alerts. I forget how to do that though. Maybe someone else can advise on this?
    Ciel likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Thank goodness these 1 day free trial things are coming to an end, I feel they were more trouble than they were worth.
    @walkonby : YES!! Heck yes!

I'm so glad this is the last one. I went to RCSS where they told me that I could only use one because it said "one coupon per item per purchase". Then they said they couldn't honour them because it had the same bar code. After checking with the floor manager, and calling in to another manager, they allowed me to use one coupon. At least they were able to take off the taxes.

I had to use my other coupon two stores later, at FreshCo, where they had no issues with taking off the taxes.
    Momof3girlies, Ciel and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @walkonby : YES!! Heck yes!

I'm so glad this is the last one. I went to RCSS where they told me that I could only use one because it said "one coupon per item per purchase". Then they said they couldn't honour them because it had the same bar code. After checking with the floor manager, and calling in to another manager, they allowed me to use one coupon. At least they were able to take off the taxes.

I had to use my other coupon two stores later, at FreshCo, where they had no issues with taking off the taxes.
    Oh fer craps sake! Honestly, like who needs that aggravation? I am VERY sure the stores all had a heads up about these unique 1 day coupons were coming because after the first 2 were redeemed, I am sure they knew. I hate to tell you but we still have the Old El Paso Seasonings one to do on Aug 14th, I remember trying to search for the product at WM but they did not carry as yet. Wonder if it will be a scavenger hunt for these?

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Oh fer craps sake! Honestly, like who needs that aggravation? I am VERY sure the stores all had a heads up about these unique 1 day coupons were coming because after the first 2 were redeemed, I am sure they knew. I hate to tell you but we still have the Old El Paso Seasonings one to do on Aug 14th, I remember trying to search for the product at WM but they did not carry as yet. Wonder if it will be a scavenger hunt for these?
    I have checked Walmart, sobeys and superstore but I can't find the restaurante seasoning anywhere. I think those coupons will be a waste for a lot of people.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    I have checked Walmart, sobeys and superstore but I can't find the restaurante seasoning anywhere. I think those coupons will be a waste for a lot of people.
    Maybe they are launching the product next week so that people don't accidentally redeem their fpcs early

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Food basics, Metro, no-frills, Freshco all have this in stock. I specifically saw it at food basics on Friday night when I was doing the "singles shopping"

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Maybe they are launching the product next week so that people don't accidentally redeem their fpcs early

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I have wi-fi in portugal.. so here I am.. i redeemed for these early aug 7 - x16.. 13 rice krispie treats and 3xcereal.. first issue one per transaction - manger tells her ring each through separately.. second issue cereal size - i show manager email from phone as I printed and then forgot printed copy at home.. finally at the end there was 5+ in taxes left over and cashier just put through a vendor coupon for that amount? and never did ring them through separately.. regardless - will be a great back to school savings for us..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information