User Tag List

Page 441 of 560 FirstFirst ... 341 391 431 439 440 441 442 443 451 491 541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 8398
Like Tree24191Likes

Thread: Share your personalized Shoppers Optimum offers here!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I think she means you can buy sdm gcs, get optmim points from your card and 30 pc points per dollar from your cc?

Hmmmm... that i really don't know. I will have to read fine print when i get this mastercard by the end of September. It's still not out yet, they sent me a very early invitation and I was excited that sdm is included in their rewards. Didn't know SC'ers will escalate this matter to a whole new level. Lol
    dahliagrower, Cata, maple7 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Don't know about gift cards. I dont buy gcs at my rcss anyway. But i am interested in getting 3% back on my mastercard when i shop @ sdm.
    I think she means you can buy sdm gcs, get optmim points from your card and 30 pc points per dollar from your cc?
    I was just considering the less obvious benefits, sdm or otherwise. Say you also shop at Staples, can you buy a Staples GC at RCSS and earn 3% and then shop at Staples? That would be good to know. I'm pretty sure you can use your PC+ points to buy gift cards. Or as Ann suggests, buy SDM gift cards that you buy anyway and get points for the gift cards as well.

Sounds like a great card to have regardless. Would love to hear how you make out with it.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

SDM now offers an RBC debit card that offers Optimum points on your purchases plus 50,000 Optimum points when you open the account at RBC, in case you are wary of another credit card.

http://rbcroyalbank.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

question for my mom. she is obviously a senior. they have an offer for 18500 points wus $75 for all week. They also have 12,000 wus $50 for Wednesday, but seniors day is Thursday. Would she get 18,500 points if she spent $75 on Thursday plus 20% senior discount and $10 gift card that is part of the seniors day promotion? she is trying to decide whether to shop on Wed or Thursday.
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    SDM now offers an RBC debit card that offers Optimum points on your purchases plus 50,000 Optimum points when you open the account at RBC, in case you are wary of another credit card.

This one has monthly fee i guess.
    Last edited by amira84; Tue, Aug 25th, 2015 at 05:29 PM.
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Yeh I have that and I always use that card every where except Nofril where we use PC card.
    Oh and it doesn't have any monthly fees.

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post

Last edited by uanoor; Tue, Aug 25th, 2015 at 05:07 PM.
    lecale and Davetherave like this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    question for my mom. she is obviously a senior. they have an offer for 18500 points wus $75 for all week. They also have 12,000 wus $50 for Wednesday, but seniors day is Thursday. Would she get 18,500 points if she spent $75 on Thursday plus 20% senior discount and $10 gift card that is part of the seniors day promotion? she is trying to decide whether to shop on Wed or Thursday.
    If your mom shopped on Thursday and used the senior's discount she would have to make sure her subtotal before taxes and AFTER discounts was still above $75 in order for her to receive her PC for 18,500. She would still be eligible to receive the $10 GC as she spent over the $50 threshold. This is a better offer than 12,000/$50.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    If your mom shopped on Thursday and used the senior's discount she would have to make sure her subtotal before taxes and AFTER discounts was still above $75 in order for her to receive her PC for 18,500. She would still be eligible to receive the $10 GC as she spent over the $50 threshold. This is a better offer than 12,000/$50.
    Thank you! I wondered if both would work together as the are both optimum promos. It would be a super great deal as she would be paying with a gift card she got points on so triple deal really.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

It's really weird how others seem to be having a lot of issues while some of us have next to no trouble with coupons.
    Not so unbelievable.... there are a lot of fantastic SDM staff ...but ... yesterday I was in an SDM Beauty Boutique (@Amira .... I do actually occasionally check out the premium makeup lol).... anyway - was paying with a gift card that I wasn't sure what the balance was.... she said she would have to "enter" the amount to charge to it so we went with $40 .... the screen showed that there was still 20.48 on the card so she went ahead and entered that amount as a second transaction) .... now it could be training - or comfort level -- who knows but usually they just swipe the card and it tells them how much more the customer needs to pay .... She was very nice though .... and I got two fragrance samples What I was getting at is coupons often throw the cashier right off and they don't have any idea how to deal with it.... sometimes I think they should hire an SC'er to "train" their staff what a concept

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    Not so unbelievable.... there are a lot of fantastic SDM staff ...but ... yesterday I was in an SDM Beauty Boutique (@Amira .... I do actually occasionally check out the premium makeup lol).... anyway - was paying with a gift card that I wasn't sure what the balance was.... she said she would have to "enter" the amount to charge to it so we went with $40 .... the screen showed that there was still 20.48 on the card so she went ahead and entered that amount as a second transaction) .... now it could be training - or comfort level -- who knows but usually they just swipe the card and it tells them how much more the customer needs to pay .... She was very nice though .... and I got two fragrance samples What I was getting at is coupons often throw the cashier right off and they don't have any idea how to deal with it.... sometimes I think they should hire an SC'er to "train" their staff what a concept
    I get told that all the time! I said no shoppers wouldn't like me cause I'd cost them to much money in points!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    Yeah I've had to walk many an employee through my transaction lol, so I'm sure lack of employee knowledge accounts for some of the discrepancies.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've even had to walk a new supervisor on how to reload a SDM gift card. LOL

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    Maybe people are having problems with coupons because the cashier is entering them wrong? 2002 as oppose to 2001?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a possibility. I assume people are watching closely while checking out, because I know I do. There are cashiers that I trust will enter everything correctly, but some I have to really watch because I know they aren't that familiar with coupons, etc. Just in case!
    It's just incredibly odd that being awarded points with coupons seems to vary so wildly from person to person.
    In both my cases the coupons were entered properly as 2001 - I checked. If they had been entered as 2002 - FPCs - I wouldn't have gotten the base points that showed I reached the thresholds.

And in both cases, Optimum corrected the mistake and awarded me the points from the offer, with the first CSR acknowledging there was a glitch when coupons were being used (as I already mentioned). Why it isn't affecting everyone using coupons I don't know. But had done a 3K wus $10 food/snacks offer earlier that same week and used a coupon that brought my OOP to $9+ and had no problem getting the points.

Silk
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well believe it or not I was once told by customer service line at shoppers during a call telling me that they were taking away points I wasn't entitled to ( I wasn't but the cashier insisted on manually adding 8,000 points in 1000 increments for a few gift card transactions I did last fall during points event. Even though I suggested nicely that she didn't need to add them manually, she insisted she knew what she was doing, then 3/4 of the way through it dawned on her that she wasn't supposed to be manually adding points as they were to be added at a later point, at this time she accused me of trying to get extra points I wasn't entitled to and treated me like a thief...ummm I tried to tell you on more than one occasion not to add the points manually and you and another cashier insisted emphatically they were right .anyways I digress) so customer service line said I couldn't expect their employees to know what was going on or the ins nod outs of the optimum program as they were only paid minimum wage. So I asked if it was acceptable for the staff to treat me like I was stupid for not understanding how the transaction needed to go...then waste my time at the register (transaction took forever) then accuse me of being a thief for trying to get extra points I wasn't entitled to...and he said yes...they are only paid minimum wage and can't be expected to know any better! Wow, dh and I were totally shocked by that comment.
    ROMEO, Silk, Arvilish and 1 others like this.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

^ I would of contacted their Head Office, and let them know how their staff is degrading not only other employees but the customers. The problem I find is, that shoppers keeps changing their system and that dang computer has a mind of its own. I NEVER leave my house without my dollar store calculator (HA!) and punch in my numbers while I shop.
    Last edited by Momof3girlies; Wed, Aug 26th, 2015 at 07:47 AM.
    ROMEO, Silk and Davetherave like this.

Thread Information