User Tag List

Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Had lunch with a couple friends today and picked up a few groceries. Crocheted a couple towels and I`m ready for bed...tired tonight.
    Hubby picked a 1/2 pail of apples yesterday and is making applesauce now.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thriftygranny, so sorry you and your Hubby have to deal with this...my Dad went through the same thing...he used to joke about them "jump-starting" his heart again...he always had a great sense of humour. It's fortunate new drugs have been developed for Afib...Would travelling somewhere else be an option? We have a state of the art heart hospital here, and teaching hospital, and of course you'd be most welcome to stay with us. If you need a recommendation, Avon and her Hubby have stayed here... Jenny may be a problem, however...how do you feel about intimate doggy kisses?

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Thriftygranny so sorry to hear about your hubby heart problems
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks everyone for the kind support.
    Awe Lynn what a generous offer, you are such a kind soul. I have a lot of family in the London, Sarnia area and we have also considered going to the Mayo Clinic It is actually not over the moon and I think putting a price on health is hard to do. We meet again with his Cardiologist in a couple of weeks. It has been a tough year with both of us having heart issues at the same time.We joke that who ever is conscious at 4 pm has to start supper!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Thanks everyone for the kind support.
    Awe Lynn what a generous offer, you are such a kind soul. I have a lot of family in the London, Sarnia area and we have also considered going to the Mayo Clinic It is actually not over the moon and I think putting a price on health is hard to do. We meet again with his Cardiologist in a couple of weeks. It has been a tough year with both of us having heart issues at the same time.We joke that who ever is conscious at 4 pm has to start supper!!
    Well, TG, the offer still stands if and whenever you need it, okay?

You two have maintained your sense of humour which I think is one of the major reasons we're still around....no point in complaining...just keep whackin' them moles!!

Take good care, Sweetheart...

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Me too. I'm not sure if I should pick up an extra bowl for LO or not. There isn't really an extra bowl she can use, but I'm trying to evaluate each purchase now that a major clean up effort is upcoming. Her first daycare broke the only extra she had. The other option is to heat another bowl and put it in her melamine bowl. Hm.

In past years, I bought a coffeemaker for DH. I was hoping it would be on sale again this year, but I don't see one. His coffeepot cracked recently and I've heard that the new Keurig pods are printed with security features so only they get accepted in the new models. DH's workplace got around this by cutting the sensory wire, but it seems like an expensive purchase to mess about with.

Does anyone have the traditional coffeemaker and where do you get replacement coffeepots?

I bought a replacement at RCSS. I think it was about $12. Another alternative might be to get one at a second hand store.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump day! We all rolled out of bed slowly this morning so then it was rush rush rush! Good thing I fried those eggs up last night so making egg mcmuffins for the boys was easy. I didn't have time to make my coffee though (I forgot!) so treated myself to a Timmies.
    I have my old "crap sold $" jar in my purse. My last 1/4 property tax portion is due at the end of the month so decided to use the cash to pay most of it then I can transfer the same amount from my property tax account to my vacation fund . It was almost depleted when we went to South Carolina during March Break and I'm itching to go back to Cuba (If I can arrange childcare )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Woohoo! Just checked my PC account and all my MasterCard purchases are being charged as "Elite" now. Bring on the points!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    That is the nicest thing I've heard in awhile. If SC had let me, I would have repped you again.

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    I bought a replacement at RCSS. I think it was about $12. Another alternative might be to get one at a second hand store.
    DH thought of that, but can you buy just the pot from a second hand store?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!
    Just when I thought I knew something about some things, along comes another PC offer, and now I'll have to take my time and figure out what the heck that's all about! LOL!! Keeps the old grey cells exercised, at the very least..

Have a lovely day...I'm off to have lunch with a Friend, then maybe a little shopping...I'm so waiting for Dollarama to put out their Christmas stuff! Last year a Friend and I happened upon sheets of 'clings' that I put on our bathroom, entrance and hallway mirrors and they looked so neat! One was of old fashioned Santas, the other were ornaments hanging from ribbons (diningroom) and another was of cavorting penguins on ice (bathroom)...well, our Grandson was certainly impressed and that's what matters, right?!

Take good care, everyone!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I so wanted something bad for lunch but was good and went home and made 2 eggs with the last of they rye bread! Then ate a huge bowl of watermelon!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well I was thrilled to see Westjet announced yesterday one way fares starting at $299 next summer from Calgary to London, England-timing was great for us as we are doing a house exchange there next summer. Gosh I think we could barely fly to Toronto for that price! So we are all booked now for next July-accomodation will be free.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post

You two have maintained your sense of humour which I think is one of the major reasons we're still around....no point in complaining...just keep whackin' them moles!!

Take good care, Sweetheart...
    Thanks again Lynn, your kindness is unbelievable.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Popping in with a hi!

Well, the house smells lovely as ribs have been boiling - so ribs are for supper tonight, soup probably tomorrow.
    I also blanched more corn - think that's enough, already!

Hope everyone's day is going wonderfully!

Name:  hugsCatTailheart.gif
Views: 185
Size:  19.8 KB

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thriftygranny take care of yourselves -ahhh so nice of lynn to offer too

-well decided to coat the shed in protector before next summer(even thou hubby isn't finished the back of the shed yet) -we have it hot here til Friday -got 3 sides done man it was hot worked at it from 10.15 til 2.30
    -burgers on the bbq tonight-something easy as my bones ache

Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information