User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: SDM promo $20.00 RCSS Giftcard.

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

This is a first for me: I got a personalized SDM emailed offer, spend $75.00 at SDM and get a $20.00 Superstore giftcard. I don't know if this is a good thing, bad thing, or just weird. Wondering what others think of this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I don't know if its a good/bad thing either. My first reaction is that this makes me feel icky for some reason lol

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

The good thing is since you can pm, and earn pc points on that $20, its worth potentially a lot more than $20
    Anna Michele and Davetherave like this.

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I don't know if its a good/bad thing either. My first reaction is that this makes me feel icky for some reason lol
    haha seriously thats Exactly what I was thinking....ICKY .

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's the Sat-Sun flyer promo in Alberta.

Never done a spend $75 gift card promo before. Thinking about this one...
    Anna Michele and Davetherave like this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

It's similar to the Tim's, Chapter's and other store gift card offers SDM has done for many years. It's just that this one is within the same parent company.

But I do get the icky. In the past few months, I've been thinking that the Optimum and PC Plus databases have been linked cause I've started getting PC Plus offers for things I've never bought at PC Plus stores but have bought at SDM and vice versa. This gift card promo is just another way to keep us shopping at their stores.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    It's similar to the Tim's, Chapter's and other store gift card offers SDM has done for many years. It's just that this one is within the same parent company.

But I do get the icky. In the past few months, I've been thinking that the Optimum and PC Plus databases have been linked cause I've started getting PC Plus offers for things I've never bought at PC Plus stores but have bought at SDM and vice versa. This gift card promo is just another way to keep us shopping at their stores.
    Totally, it's just the foreshadowing of potential changes that could be super icky that kind of makes me cringe lol

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    It's the Sat-Sun flyer promo in Alberta.

Never done a spend $75 gift card promo before. Thinking about this one...
    renegado, didn't see this in the flyer - it is my friday emailed personalized offer shoppers sent me. if your not getting personalized offers sent to you, either the email ones or actual mailed out offers, you would need to sign up for that.

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Elle Lady Sadie View Post
    renegado, didn't see this in the flyer - it is my friday emailed personalized offer shoppers sent me. if your not getting personalized offers sent to you, either the email ones or actual mailed out offers, you would need to sign up for that.
    The dates on the image you posted are Saturday and Sunday. Did you load the offer to your card?

Name:  AB SDM flyer RCSS promo.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  95.1 KB
    Abuse coupons, not people!

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Totally, it's just the foreshadowing of potential changes that could be super icky that kind of makes me cringe lol
    that's how i'm sensing this whole sdm / pc points/rewards merger.
    When i started getting over lapping offers i knew this was going to evolve into something quite different than what I've come to really enjoy. I noticed that once i bought something at super store - a week later i would get points offer for it at shoppers and vice versa. So i have known for months they are tracking all my transactions and mingling them to keep me shopping at their stores. Personally, I'm not liking this change.
    As you said Anne ""it's just the foreshadowing of potential changes that could be super icky ....". Many changes recently and obviously many more to come: PC taking over sdm, the pcplus points program, out with life brand items, in with pc blue menu items, the guiding stars, over lapping offers. To me, this just seems like too many changes too fast. Because I have sensed changes coming, this was the first year i stopped hoarding my shoppers points and started doing monthly redemptions. Out of fear that SDM points would have a sudden change/decrease in their value. I didn't want to chance it with 400K points. And there are many of us here who know just how quickly changes like this happen: Here today - Gone tomorrow. I am not saying they would just take away all our SDM points, but clearly we all know somethings happening. When i go to my shoppers it is feeling less like shoppers and more like superstore. Hang on - cus this could get bumpy. Have great day fellow smartcanuckers.

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

yes Renegado - thats the offer they emailed to me. So this is offer for everyone. so an event rather than a personal offer, sorry i thought it was just my personal offer because they had sent it to me in email.
    thanks.
    WINNIPEGZELDA and Davetherave like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

actually my flyer doesnt state the superstore gift card promo. only personl offer in ur inbox... my offers for sat were 16000 wus 60 and 20x when u spend $30. I wonder why bc people (or my area) doesnt get this offer...
    Davetherave likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

*WARNING* Eternal optimist here, LOL.

I like this promotion! (although I'm not in the right part of the country to participate, it seems)
    I never do the "spend $, get a gift card" events at Shoppers cuz I don't want a Tim Hortons card, or a Chapters card, or a whatever card. But this - $20 at RCSS, with price matching and PC Plus Points possibilities? THIS would bring me into Shoppers in a flash! This doesn't scare me, this really makes me happy. No icky for me.
    Some people's heroes wear capes...mine wear combat boots.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Count me in the "icky" camp. If I wanted to shop at RCSS I would do so, but I choose not to. Yet now they are collecting data on me and my shopping habits through SDM. I realize the companies are now related, and that by participating in the Optimum program I have consented to SDM tracking me, but I still don't like it - they are not being transparent about it. I fear our beloved Optimum program is being ruined by RCSS's involvement.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ange410 View Post
    *WARNING* Eternal optimist here, LOL.

I like this promotion! (although I'm not in the right part of the country to participate, it seems)
    I never do the "spend $, get a gift card" events at Shoppers cuz I don't want a Tim Hortons card, or a Chapters card, or a whatever card. But this - $20 at RCSS, with price matching and PC Plus Points possibilities? THIS would bring me into Shoppers in a flash! This doesn't scare me, this really makes me happy. No icky for me.
    Im with you I think lol I would much rather rcss than tims but still cant spend $75 sooooooo
    Hmmm haaw

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    ange410 and Davetherave like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information