User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: FREE Glade wax warmer + pack of wax cubes!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

^ Wow I didn't know Canadian Tire pm's too!
    avoncallingu and dededi like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

* I didn't know until this morning either*

I used my $6 coupon and pm real Canadian superstore's price of $6.89. As for stores that price match

Canadian Tire Price Match Policy

We’ll not only match any competitor’s price, we’ll beat it by giving you an additional 10% off the lower price in Canadian Tire ‘Money’.
    *On an identical item. See in-store staff for details.

Updated policy 2013:
    There is no corporate policy surrounding the acceptance or the use of manufacturer’s coupons.
    Canadian Tire stores are individually owned and operated.
    Should a manufacturer’s coupon be presented at the time of purchase, it is up to the discretion of the store to accept the coupon.
    Canadian Tire Corporation can not mandate a store to accept a coupon — it is a store decision, not a Corporation direction.”

If you are new to price matching, the following Ontario stores allow you to price match with another flyer from a competitor store. A competitor store is 1) is in the same town/city or nearby and 2) is considered a competition by that individual store (this may vary). For example, some grocery stores do not see Shoppers as a competition as that is a drug store and they are grocery ~ ask your local store manager if you have any questions about this:

• Real Canadian Superstore
    • Walmart
    • Giant Tiger
    • Target
    • No Frills (but may limit from store to store how many of each item you can price match)
    • FreshCo (but may limit from store to store how many of each item you can price match)
    • Canadian Tire (but may require the flyer you are presenting be a “twin” /exact listing of what they sell. Ex. if the flyer from another store is of a green bottle, and you want the same size and same product, but they only have a blue bottle, they may say no; they also request you price match at customer service for better service)
    • Toys R Us (but may require the flyer you are presenting be a “twin” /exact listing of what they sell. Ex. if the flyer from another store is of a green bottle, and you want the same size and same product, but they only have a blue bottle, they may say no; they also request you price match at customer service for better service)

Price matching involves you taking a flyer from a competitor store and bringing it to one of the listed stores above and at check out, asking them to match the same price listed in another flyer. Keep in mind the following:

1) Other store flyers that are vague, description is not clear what is the sale item, etc. may be turned down. For example, if a flyer says that CEREAL is on sale and doesn’t list if its Kellogg’s or General Mills, etc., the price matching store can refuse your request.

2) MOST stores will not allow you to price match another stores save % off sale or buy X and get Y free. You would need to visit that specific store advertising that deal to get that offer

3) If a flyer says that 2L Pepsi products are on sale for .88cents, and doesn’t list ALL the Pepsi products that fall under that in the flyer (ex. Crush, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist, etc.), SOME stores may be fine IF they know what is a Pepsi product and what isn’t. But remember, stores have final say.

4) Being organized while you are price matching will not only save you time, but the cashiers too! I typically put up all the in-store deals of the store I am shopping at first, followed by a grouping of the other stores I am price matching from, sitting together on the check-out belt.

5) When it is time to price match, simply show the flyer to the cashier, show the product you want to price match and they will type in the override price. If you have coupons that go with these items – bonus! Add those in at that point too!

Quote Originally Posted by Neeenerz View Post
    I didn't know Canadian Tire PM. Do they allow PM and use of coupons at the same time?
    Last edited by beachdown; Sun, Sep 20th, 2015 at 02:32 PM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Many stores are following suit with price matching, since so many consumers are doing it these days. It really is a fantastic way to save some cash when you’re out shopping.
    Remember to always keep your competitors’ ads with you when you leave the house, since most stores do require them if you want to price match.
    Last edited by beachdown; Sun, Sep 20th, 2015 at 02:33 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Or better yet ditch the flyers and pm on your phone or tablet using flypp. Saves time and is way easier and faster than trying to find item in multiple flyers. Cashier and those on line behind you will appreciate it.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried to PM today at my local Canadian Tire. Cashiers refused to PM through my phone. I just got frustrated and left and said I will PM at Wal Mart instead!! They told me I had to have an actual flyer to PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks so much!!! <3

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried to PM today at my local Canadian Tire. Cashiers refused to PM through my phone. I just got frustrated and left and said I will PM at Wal Mart instead!! They told me I had to have an actual flyer to PM.
    They have to get with the real world, I always found CDT that way.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

You did not know? But you have to go to Customer Service, which is alwaaays busy!

I usually do PM at Canadian Tire and cannot believe some of the SC did not know that...why did I not help
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is just BS. However, as mentioned in the policy, each CT is individually owned and their rules might be different. My PM was done with my phone with no drama

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Because you never posted about your PM there

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    You did not know? But you have to go to Customer Service, which is alwaaays busy!

I usually do PM at Canadian Tire and cannot believe some of the SC did not know that...why did I not help
    bella_bamba likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I just got

Quote Originally Posted by bella_bamba View Post
    RCSS has the Glade wax warmer for $6.98 this week so I decided to PM while I was at Walmart yesterday. I was already armed with my $7 and $6 off coupons that I had from recent inserts. Then to my surprise, they had a tear pad for free wax melts WUB the warmer! So I got one for me and one for my parents house:

Glade wax warmer PM RCSS for $6.98 - $7.00 coupon = $0.02 overage
    free wax melts (clean linen)

I just got 4 myself today, don't forget to scan your receipt on snap save and get another $1 off for buying the warmer, I just wish they allowed for one then one since I had 4 but $1 is better then none.

Glade wax warmer PM RCSS for $6.98 - $6.00 coupon = $0.98
    free wax melts (Hawaiian breeze)
    avoncallingu and bella_bamba like this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I could not find it in the flyer? How did you price match this deal ?
    avoncallingu likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beachdown View Post
    Because you never posted about your PM there
    Hehe ya because they are horrible! I have only done it may be three times...lines are long and they don't let ya PM more than one item and they called five to six people to verify the Pm'ng...honestly, its so horrible that I have stopped PM so there was nothing to share too. I have not been to CT in ages anyway. Right now, my bro has taken the burden of doing majority of the shopping!
    avoncallingu likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have you tried a different CT? In the GTA here, there are a lot of them so more choices

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Hehe ya because they are horrible! I have only done it may be three times...lines are long and they don't let ya PM more than one item and they called five to six people to verify the Pm'ng...honestly, its so horrible that I have stopped PM so there was nothing to share too. I have not been to CT in ages anyway. Right now, my bro has taken the burden of doing majority of the shopping!
    avoncallingu likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lattelady View Post
    I could not find it in the flyer? How did you price match this deal ?
    It is in the Ontario RCSS flyer on page 12! Not sure if the same deal is available in BC.
    avoncallingu and beachdown like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information