User Tag List

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I have an electric pressure cooker, the one I got does not say anything about pressure canning but I know there is another one on the market that does. I choose the one I have as it also makes yogurt which I hope to start doing shortly as our yogurt consumption is sky high. The nice thing about the electric one is it is a 1 in 7 model and it is more then just a pressure cooker. One word of advise the cook times they advertise are not factual, yes you potatoes cook in 9 minutes but you have to wait for the pressure to come up before cooking starts and then you have to wait for the pressure to drop before you can open the lid so in reality it more like 1/2 hour give or take. The real advantage I find not having to sit and babysit what I am cooking, I can toss something in walk away and wait for the beep at the end. As well as a household with no A/C on the main floor great for summer cooking as it does not heat up the house and there are a lot of things I can cook int he pressure cooker I cannot make in the slow cooker.
    In the summer we move the rotisserie and the deep fryer outside if/when we use it.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sadly none of our exterior outlets work so we cannot put anything outside that needs an electric source

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well went to the dump today only cost 8.50 so was glad -had some old shingles from shed roof and a few small pieces of wood -
    just hung a load of laundry never know how long this outside weather will last
    -may go out in car tonight when hubby gets home after early supper
    -cause on Friday will be taking older brother for some blood work to the hospital before his major operation next week

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had $35 in Indigo gift certificate codes (from DS's Heart and Stroke donation collection- He never wants to go and spend them so I spent them before I lost them) Bought my niece this for Christmas https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca...556907-3641750

And book for DS and one for Grandma. Cost me $2.70 after GC If I keep up at this rate I may be able to be ready to wrap the end of October

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well went to the dump today only cost 8.50 so was glad -had some old shingles from shed roof and a few small pieces of wood -
    just hung a load of laundry never know how long this outside weather will last
    -may go out in car tonight when hubby gets home after early supper
    -cause on Friday will be taking older brother for some blood work to the hospital before his major operation next week
    Doesn't it feel good to get rid of junk? I did a dump run a few months ago and was happy to get rid of a mattress and a few other junky pieces that had been hanging around the garage. I was scared how much it was going to cost but was only the $5 minimum charge.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yep frugalbigmama -now the side of my house just before you enter the back yard is all nice and clean it feels great to get rid of outside crap

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had old tires at the side of my house in the Spring too (they were ready for the dump) but my neighbour asked if they could use them. (1 was ripped apart) they were trading the car in and wanted the good winter tires off it. Told them sure but only had the 3 but mentioned they could put their spare on to roll it in to the dealership. He took them and disposed of the extra one for me which was nice!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Another busy night. Oldest has haircut. Then we have to go to bank to make some changes to his account. Then youngest has hockey. Making my crockpot meal last night helped for 2 nights! Put dinner in Tupperware for him so I will drop oldest back at home and heat dinner for youngest. I grab him at afterschool program and he eats at the arena. Will put a load of laundry on tonight since I don`t do laundry ever on Friday nights and we will be busy all weekend.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Had $35 in Indigo gift certificate codes (from DS's Heart and Stroke donation collection- He never wants to go and spend them so I spent them before I lost them) Bought my niece this for Christmas https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca...556907-3641750

And book for DS and one for Grandma. Cost me $2.70 after GC If I keep up at this rate I may be able to be ready to wrap the end of October

Good job on the indigo GC cute Noah's Ark
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I did nothing today tomorrow have a cleaning customer.Then early Saturday morning a few family members are going camping for a few days.I haven't been camping in years it will certainly be an adventure lol
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I delivered more than 60 towels today. Since I was at AnnaMae`s 2 weeks ago they sold 4 baby afghans and more than 40 towels. All the fall patterns were gone. Did some shopping and treated myself to lunch at Pizza Hut. Got home mid afternoon and have been crocheting since then. There truly is no rest for the wicked. lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wow crotchetlady, good for you, that is a lot of work,but what a great way to earn extra $$.

Worked for a few hours this morning and no one is wanting supper, Jay has a pressure migraine and husband is at the cabin trying to line up a hunt for the weekend. I decide to empty my entire pantry and reorganize and see if anything needs to be tossed or used up. Will be happy when I am done, I better get back at it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hope you had a wonderful birthday Nancy!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

TG: I also have a teen thats gets migraines and has since he was 7. He had one yesterday but he had two tests in the morning so the poor kid hydrated took his meds and went to school. I did let him come home after and he slept it off.
    Happy birthday J&C. I hope it was special.
    I love reading everyones posts, have been laying low, I am super stressed about work and a little concerned about my mental health. With a masters degree in counseling I don't take it likely, so hanging out here is nice and safe. My dad is also sick so that adds to the stress, but I am grateful he is still with us so I gets that's good stress.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahh lilo its nice you hang out with us we are stressless here -I worry about my daughter (33) has a career in Toronto -high stress for her -heart disease runs in my family -maybe that's why she loves travelling -Ireland in april and in January they plan to go to Italy -hope your dad is okay lilo

-well hubby walked in at 5.00 and out the door I went at 5.30 after supper
    (1) lovely grey soft knit long sleeve top at reitmans -had an email of 25 % off for my birthday used it 25.50 used the gift card son gave me the other day for my birthday and still have money left over on it -yipeeee
    then over to fortinos spent 70 something got 9.300 points -and they all were awarded this time -didnt have to email them
    then I was home by 7.00
    -missed my daughter's call she told hubby she was exhausted so not to call as she was going to bed -ahhhh

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread Information