User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart (ON) Sept 26 - Oct 2

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I think you will get these points. A few days ago i redeemed my pts for vichy normaderm face wash. There was an offer of 8000 pts wub 2 bottles of vichy normaderm. I also had a personalized offer of 15x any vichy face product. I redemeed my pts to buy for 2 vichy normaderm products and got 8000 product bonus pts plus a few thousand more for my 15x offer.
    Thanks!
    ROMEO and amira84 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

im confused because the fine print does say 2.99, limit of 4 so is it another type that doesn't have the limit?

OHHHHHH I get it now, sorry lol. just saw the other softsoap no limit
    Last edited by ottawa; Fri, Sep 25th, 2015 at 08:39 AM.
    ROMEO and annedougherty like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
    im confused because the fine print does say 2.99, limit of 4 so is it another type that doesn't have the limit?

OHHHHHH I get it now, sorry lol. just saw the other softsoap no limit
    Just to clarify for everyone, it's the hand soap with the bp attached, not the body wash.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    uanoor likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey All,

I have a coupon loaded for this weekend - Get 20X WUB $40. If i do a remedemption of points, would i still get the 20X on the value of the purchase? My understanding is that i would not.

Thanks!
    Andrew.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by andmunn View Post
    Hey All,

I have a coupon loaded for this weekend - Get 20X WUB $40. If i do a remedemption of points, would i still get the 20X on the value of the purchase? My understanding is that i would not.

Thanks!
    Andrew.
    You are correct...no points. 20x0 is zero.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

So...I had 16k WUS $60 today, went to an sdm i sometimes go to, gathered up $60.70 worth of items which were rang through, gave the cashier $15 in coupons...no promo id on the screen. Without the coupons, promo id shows up. So of course we get into that fun old conversion we all love to have that coupons don't count lol. Anyways, in the end I dropped it all and left because I am not calling for points. The point of all of this is there was ONE other time I didn't get my points and I did call for them, but it was 16k, at that store, and at that register. I remember someone saying previously that the cashier told them that different registers don't recognize all the BP in the store, etc. Anyways, I have a feeling that if I went to my usual store and did this transaction, I would have got the points, but I don't have the time to test that theory today. SUPER annoying though.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    So...I had 16k WUS $60 today, went to an sdm i sometimes go to, gathered up $60.70 worth of items which were rang through, gave the cashier $15 in coupons...no promo id on the screen. Without the coupons, promo id shows up. So of course we get into that fun old conversion we all love to have that coupons don't count lol. Anyways, in the end I dropped it all and left because I am not calling for points. The point of all of this is there was ONE other time I didn't get my points and I did call for them, but it was 16k, at that store, and at that register. I remember someone saying previously that the cashier told them that different registers don't recognize all the BP in the store, etc. Anyways, I have a feeling that if I went to my usual store and did this transaction, I would have got the points, but I don't have the time to test that theory today. SUPER annoying though.

I laughed when you said "fun old conversation...".
    Personally, i have never had problem with manu coupons and not being able to get bonus points exept last time. Last time i tried to use $5 worth of coupons and that 16k bonus didn't show up. I asked the cashier to take out the coupon which she did, and i got my bonus pts. It's very frustrating when retailors consider manu coupons as coupons, and not real money. Actually they want to double dip. They want to take money from us AND from manufacturers.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    Would you still earn the 2,000 points WUB2 Softsoap if you redeem points for them? If I would:

- purchase 30 @ $2.99 = $89.70 (plus tax)

- redeem 50,000 points/$85.00 and pay $4.70 (plus tax) out of pocket

- would I still earn 15 x 2,000 points = 30,000 points for the 30 Softsoap?

Redeem 50,000 and earn 30,000 points back sounds pretty good to me for all that Softsoap. Does anyone know if you would still get points for the Softsoap if you redeem points for them?

If you try this and it works, I would love to know
    lotsasavings likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't usually have such conversations with CSR. I go in to do my business and try to avoid creating a scene. As for the latter part of your comment, I agree but it no more frustrating than a store that won't take certain types of credit cards (Costco anyone?)
    Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I laughed when you said "fun old conversation...".
    Personally, i have never had problem with manu coupons and not being able to get bonus points exept last time. Last time i tried to use $5 worth of coupons and that 16k bonus didn't show up. I asked the cashier to take out the coupon which she did, and i got my bonus pts. It's very frustrating when retailors consider manu coupons as coupons, and not real money. Actually they want to double dip. They want to take money from us AND from manufacturers.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMer View Post
    If you try this and it works, I would love to know
    I seriously considered it but, with all the changes at SDM, I decided to go the safe route and pay for my Softsoap. I didn't want to risk not getting the 2000 pts WUB2 Softsoap. I'm pretty happy with the outcome, though. Here is what I did:

18 x Softsoap @ $2.99 each = $53.82 + $7.00 HST = $60.82

530 regular points
    18,000 in-store points (18 Softsoap)
    10.070 digital points (20X points)
    for a total of 28,600 points earned today

I'm topped up on handsoap (most are refills) and, on a bonus redemption day, the value of my points earned today almost equals the total I paid, including tax.

If anyone else decided to redeem points for the Softsoap, I would love to know, too, if they still received the 2,000 points for every 2 they bought.
    Last edited by lotsasavings; Sat, Sep 26th, 2015 at 04:13 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    I seriously considered it but, with all the changes at SDM, I decided to go the safe route and pay for my Softsoap. I didn't want to risk not getting the 2000 pts WUB2 Softsoap. I'm pretty happy with the outcome, though. Here is what I did:

18 x Softsoap @ $2.99 each = $53.82 + $7.00 HST = $60.82

530 regular points
    18,000 in-store points (18 Softsoap)
    10.070 digital points (20X points)
    for a total of 28,600 points earned today

I'm topped up on handsoap (most are refills) and, on a bonus redemption day, the value of my points earned today almost equals the total I paid, including tax.

If anyone else decided to redeem points for the Softsoap, I would love to know, too, if they still received the 2,000 points for every 2 they bought.

Why isn't this in a brag section? Awesome shop!
    MrsMer and JasmineTea like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information