User Tag List

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Like Tree5834Likes

Thread: September 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    I decided to do a internet free weekend to try to get some stuff done around the house. Saturday was WAY more successful then Sunday, I just could not seem to get myself going on Sunday.

Saturday I managed to clean the stockpile room, this was a mess from our mass cleaning weekend anything we were not keeping got thrown in the stockpile room. So I went in and cleaned up the best I could, it is not perfect but we can now access the chest freezer and and most of the shelf, if you cannot get to a shelf it is only something small to move now. I also managed to start on our 25 lbs of tomatoes that need to be processed. Mom has been putting this off and on Friday wanted to toss them as they had been sitting so long so I sorted them, only had to throw out 10 so on Saturday I started peeling and seeding them, only got about 1/4 done but since this was not even my project I think I did my fair share.

Sunday did not go as well, I did manage to make a batch of cinnamon buns which I have totally been craving but did not use enough butter so they are dry (will try again next weekend). I also wanted to make myself a sandwich for today and we are out of buns so instead I made a loaf of potato bread and cooked up half a chicken breast I did not use in Saturday night's dinner. I did manage to clean the kitchen but that was about it.

I have also started a new crochet project, I am making a blanket for my bed and I think I have totally under estimated what this is going to take. I have no issue with the crocheting part but I do think I am going to be about 10 balls of yarn short. So needless to say the budget is slightly blown but I am kind of in an I do not care mood. This is for me and this time I am not going without. In all honesty I have about 5 years if not more of Christmas money I have no spent tucked away in an account no one knows about so if need be the money is there if needed.

Have a great day everyone, I better get back to work.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Rather than hunt around for a place to post this question and it is easier to ask here as I know someone will have the answer.
    I was given a jar of unpasteurized honey and once it is open do I have to refrigerate it?

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

No you do not! We had a jar of open unpasteurized honey in the cupboard for 2 years (it was a big jar) and it only just started crystallizing 6 months ago. (But unlike the pasteurized honey from the store, the crystals grow slowly and throughout so you can still use it... They're like soft crystals.) :D

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Rather than hunt around for a place to post this question and it is easier to ask here as I know someone will have the answer.
    I was given a jar of unpasteurized honey and once it is open do I have to refrigerate it?
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter3 View Post
    No you do not! We had a jar of open unpasteurized honey in the cupboard for 2 years (it was a big jar) and it only just started crystallizing 6 months ago. (But unlike the pasteurized honey from the store, the crystals grow slowly and throughout so you can still use it... They're like soft crystals.) :D

Thanks for the quick answer and I learned something new today too.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Well i got all the posts up to date.

Camping was fun except for my 2 nephews who argued the whole weekend ,i finally got pissed and them to knock it off.They are twins but i'll tell their personality are so different and they don't really like each other.I feel sorry for both of them as they were growing up the mother lost custody of them because she had a drug problem and the dad didn't give a damn about they.The 2 sets of grandparents took over.One of the twins is loving the other has the biggest chip on his shoulder.

Well i better get my butt in gear and go to do some grocery shopping.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

good day all, fighting my way through a cold/sore throat event ( ty DH for sharing) and today I bought another jar of Hellmans ( getting the $2.00 rebate from CO51 ) which helped me get over $20.00, so I cashed out, cheque for $21.25 coming soon!

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been very busy.

I used oxy clean to make a paste which I applied to the pink area we on dh's white dress shirt. I put it on "whites" cycle in our washing machine and then made it stop and soak about 5min into the cycle. It worked great and you wouldn't even know something had happened to that shirt.

The he twins have their 2 month immunizations on Thursday morning.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter3 View Post
    Even if it does crystalize you can set the jar in hot water and it will liquify again. I do it all the time.If I`m in a hurry I`ve also put it in the microwave.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-hey all just got in from babysitting ashlyn we went out twice today -once in the morning it was raining a tiny bit then after her nap we went for a walk and chalked in front of the house
    -last night hubby and I sat on new deck and watched the moon in its entire show-I took a picture on my 200.00 free shoppers camera-only one really took the moon when it was14% brighter -ashlyn is obsessed with the moon gonna make a 4x6 for her
    -a bit tired today had an awful headache this afternoon so I just layed on couch as she slept for 2 hours

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -last night hubby and I sat on new deck and watched the moon in its entire show-I took a picture on my 200.00 free shoppers camera-only one really took the moon when it was14% brighter -ashlyn is obsessed with the moon gonna make a 4x6 for her
    What is it about the moon? My LO is crazy about the moon too and will look for it whenever she can. Did Ashlyn see the eclipse? We had complete cloud cover in our area. It seems like anytime there is anything going on in the sky, there's always 100% cloud coverage here.

Our anniversary lunch was a bust. I ate something that didn't agree with me and was in pain for the rest of the day. DH felt fine but took a three hour nap. In the meantime, I did get three bathrooms cleaned but in terrible pain. I felt like just lying down, but wasn't feeling tired and thought it would just make me concentrate on the pain more.

I also lost DH's great hat. I've received so many compliments on it and it worked so well when I went out. It had a strap on the bottom for windy days and it was fantastic while pushing the stroller. I've called around to several stores but haven't found it. I'm really hoping that I left it at a friend's house. We purchased it in Disney almost 10 years ago and it was my favourite souvenir.

No more progress on clearing out paper, but I'm still pretty impressed with how much paper there is in the shredding pile!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Finally did some grocery shopping last night, I have to admit lately we have both been going in so many different directions some how we never seem to get to shopping. The good new is we are making it work and aren't going hungry and we also have a pretty nice surplus in our grocery fund now. The bad news is it does catch up to you a little bit. We came in slightly over budget yesterday, although I must admit we did buy a few things that we could have held off on but the price was right and with sales I just do not trust these prices to come along often anymore.

We are now stocked up on:
    Ground Beef (Could have held off as I we actually got a great deal at Costco and still have some left but Ground Beef on sale is rare)
    Butter (this is for our Christmas baking we have a good supply but butter under $2.99 is rare these days so $2.88 was a stock up price)
    Classico Sauce (Although I did miss the rebate how can you go wrong at $1.88/jar especially since this is the only sauce we have found for those quick dump and go dinners, no need to add additional spices or simmer for a longer period of time)
    Mom's Hair Dye (The Christmas shopping has started with stacking rebates we got $5 off which is unheard of on the dye she now uses so stocking stuffers here I come)
    Yogurt (Weird but true it is getting so hard to find the vanilla yogurt we eat whenever it is on sale they always seem to be sold out of vanilla which is all we buy as we add our own flavours)

Also grabbed some veggies which we were lacking but that is to be expected when you do not shop regularly, but has also helped us use up some of our freezer stockpile so win, win.

Only downside is I am going to be sending a complaint to one store, I do not shop in their local store as the quality is horrible and they are always sold out on sale items. So when they opened one 30 minutes away it was worth the drive except this store has now also gone down hill. The cantaloupes must have been frozen and they were a disgusting brown colour, sweating and mushy, the shelves were bare, you could not find anything, no one who worked there was any help and they had one cashier open and she made it clear to everyone inline she did not want to be there. Needless to say this store is no on my do not shop there list and to price match else where.

Must get back to the paperwork on my desk, have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, Ashley, so busy you are!

Good morning, everyone!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

morning all, ahem! ( cough, cough ) Still fighting it, I might win today! need more sleep after my errands. Oh great! It is pouring rain now.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

My goodness where did September go????

Here's the link to the October frugal chatter thread,
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/408986-...a/#post6477471
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Did everyone get their Samplesource samples? I think I got 13 including the cat and dog samples, 11 otherwise. www.samplesource.com

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread Information