User Tag List

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I thought of something else to get our 3yr old son. "Let's go fishing"
    I took him to our local family centre last week on a special day when high school psych students would be there with special activities for children. Our son stayed at a water fishing table for the entire hour, even though there were a variety of other options available to him.
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I thought this was so smart and classy...and cheap!
    macw1960, lecale, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yves Rocher hit or miss with their surprise gift.I thought I would receive a perfume for the value of 40$ for my Christmas Order ,I received a anti wrinckle cream,I am only 30 and dont have any wrinkles!!!!! I wrothe their a fb message and they only readed,Plus on another promo they where out of stock; so they send me something else!!!! I guess its better than nothing,,,,
    Lynn49, macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Yves Rocher hit or miss with their surprise gift.I thought I would receive a perfume for the value of 40$ for my Christmas Order ,I received a anti wrinckle cream,I am only 30 and dont have any wrinkles!!!!! I wrothe their a fb message and they only readed,Plus on another promo they where out of stock; so they send me something else!!!! I guess its better than nothing,,,,
    LOL...save it! Or stuff it into someone's Christmas stocking!
    I received it too, and started using it. I don't have many wrinkles at my age, 66, so I've been pretty lucky. They really should account for our ages when they send a free gift, or make it something everyone could use, like shower gels, perfumes, etc....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Tons of Christmas (and anything else you can think of!) here, even really sweet full pages you can print out like tags, coasters...so much, and some you can frame, like this one: (actually I prefer the chalkboard one )

...just keep hitting "older posts" bottom right...grab a pot of coffee and ENJOY!!

http://www.ishareprintables.com/category/christmas
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Oct 26th, 2015 at 09:52 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Chantal great job on getting the Christmas light up while the weather is still good

I went through my drawer of stocking stuffers/Christmas gifts and there were a few things I had forgotten about so I now start thinking of the boys stockings, etc and best prices and where to purchase items.

I also have enough to do 2 top SDM redemptions so I'm pretty excited, I will check out 1 of the local sdm's tomorrow evening while ds2 has an appointment. Hoping they have a few tv dvd series and headphones for both guys.
    macw1960 and cath007 like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have enough to do 2 redemptions too! Hoping they have a good flyer/extra redemption coming up soon. I tend to stock up more on food and household supplies (Toilet paper/toothpaste etc) when I redeem but did see a few things that I could get for my oldest. Need to pull out my Christmas bin this weekend for sure and see what I have so far!! I so wanted to be done by November 1st and wrapped by mid-Nov! I better get on it!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just saw an sale on Amazon for the wooden sorter (toy) by Melissa and Doug on for $9.97! So grabbed it and 2 items from my saved cart to spend over $25 for free shipping. Spent $26 and change. 3 Gifts. Toy for niece. Guitar pics for DS for stocking and Blu-ray of comedian for my man

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Few more stocking stuffers picked up today. Some nice earrings for mom for $2.68 at pier 1. Also picked up some kind of crackers that are to be eaten with gin and tonic drinks. Dh is totally into gin and tonic at the moment so thought it would be a fun thing for his stocking and on clearance at chapters for $3. Also bought pancake mix and syrup for Christmas family. Pm'ed freshco and a and got 3300 points so $2.70 for all three. Have a Christmas present in my trunk for dh. My dad will give to him. I not only have to buy everything we give but also end up buying things for my parents to give to us. My mom is pushed to limit dealing with my dad who has Alzheimer's so we try to help out where we can. It looks like dh's espresso machine is dying a slow death so will have to find one on sale for him for Christmas. He is super picky about the whole espresso thing.
    cath007 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Few more stocking stuffers picked up today. Some nice earrings for mom for $2.68 at pier 1. Also picked up some kind of crackers that are to be eaten with gin and tonic drinks. Dh is totally into gin and tonic at the moment so thought it would be a fun thing for his stocking and on clearance at chapters for $3. Also bought pancake mix and syrup for Christmas family. Pm'ed freshco and a and got 3300 points so $2.70 for all three. Have a Christmas present in my trunk for dh. My dad will give to him. I not only have to buy everything we give but also end up buying things for my parents to give to us. My mom is pushed to limit dealing with my dad who has Alzheimer's so we try to help out where we can. It looks like dh's espresso machine is dying a slow death so will have to find one on sale for him for Christmas. He is super picky about the whole espresso thing.
    I used to shop for my parents for our family of 4 this way everyone got what they wanted vs. things they did not want or plain jane cash which is nice but tends to not be spent on ourselves.

Sounds like you are well on your way with your shopping & stockings, great job.
    macw1960, cath007 and scouponer like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ds2's appointment was cancelled so no shopping tonight but I think it's for the best as everyone is sick with a head cold. Getting super excited as November is quickly approaching...hohoho

57 days to go, it's quickly sneaking up

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-as for xmas supper -I haven't hosted it in a few years -last year daughter had it at her condo for boxing day -this year my daughter-in-law is cooking a turkey at their house on xmas as she alternates between her parents and us -my daughter andf her hubby I will always have them spend xmas with us as his parents celebrate xmas eve
    -I did a huge thanksgiving feast and my daughter brought me flowers -I don't ask them to bring anything as I loved doing it all -my grocery was a bit over this month but it doesn't matter as I had all 4 adult kids their spouses included and ashlyn
    -I don't have to worry about parents as both sets of ours are gone -mind you I miss buying for my mom and filling her stocking -heck I miss her in general somedays

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I won 2 strings of palm tree and flamingo novelty lights from bidding wars for my sister. $7 for both.

Still not sure whats happening for Christmas. I think it will be at my dads cabin if I stay local but I may got to Sask to spend it with my mom and bunch of aunts uncles and cousins. I really do love the BIG family get togethers so its very tempting. Havent even looked at flights yet to see if its doable.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vw_girl View Post
    I won 2 strings of palm tree and flamingo novelty lights from bidding wars for my sister. $7 for both.

Still not sure whats happening for Christmas. I think it will be at my dads cabin if I stay local but I may got to Sask to spend it with my mom and bunch of aunts uncles and cousins. I really do love the BIG family get togethers so its very tempting. Havent even looked at flights yet to see if its doable.
    Your Saskatchewan family sounds like a great bet for Christmas! I, too, would love to have large get-togethers...Can you do New Year, perhaps, with your Dad?

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Yeah Sask depends on funds and my dad's is my only other option....I don't even know if they are doing anything. He doesn't like the fuss and stress of Christmas but he is ok if everyone comes to him. He is incredibly generous though. And a rustic cabin Christmas with a deep fried turkey appeal to me too. We shall see, no plans have been announced or invited gone out yet..

Yesterday my Mom asked me what I thought about a Prairie Christmas and I said I had defintiely considered it. Then she changed to or how about Mexico? And I said, "HELL YAH!!" So, well there you go...I may have 3 options. haha
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information