• 6 Post By amira84
  • 6 Post By SavvyLady
  • 5 Post By Lynn49
  • 7 Post By ticul
  • 6 Post By torontogal12
  • 4 Post By Anna P
  • 4 Post By Lynn49
  • 5 Post By Anna Michele

Thread: I didn't know this was such a big deal, but....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I went shopping to Marshall's today and picked up a few things, and realized I needed another shower soap (the bars I make are hand-soap) and found some gorgeous soaps and sniffed them until I decided on the "Amber" scented one...omg, it's gorgeous...I mean, who hand paints glitter on the packaging then wraps it in ribbon with a rhinestone cluster?!! It was 5.99, and it's a very large bar, 300 gm.

I just got curious about the maker, which is "Alchimia", which turns out to be a factory in Italy!! No wonder it's so gorgeous! I bought it because it's vegetable based and ... oh, the scent.
    There were Christmas scented bars, too!!

Here's the BIG deal...they sell on Amazon for 24.99!!!!

Here's a Christmas one I saw at Marshalls...
    I couldn't find a picture of the Amber one I purchased (with the Angels on it, and only one hand glittered on the top!)
    But it has this rhinestone cluster on it!

If you're looking to WOW someone, or add it to a basket, I can't urge you enough to go to Marshalls and find them!!

I will be heading there tomorrow to pick up a few more for me since I don't know anyone else who still uses soap..
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Marshalls
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Nov 20th, 2015 at 10:38 PM.
    rayray, Ciel, coupon girl and 12 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lynn thanks for the tip -I love different soaps they sound lovely too -infact I love soap over bodywash
    Lynn49, Ciel, Decaf and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

These sure are pretty!

I always buy the handmade soaps at London Drug; they are sooo good. Last time, I bought some that were made in Philippine and loved it. The rose ones actually smell like rose, instead of artificial smell.
    Lynn49, Ciel, ticul and 3 others like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Cool! I am currently using Dior J'adore body soap and it smells very good. But when it ends i want to try something that has real plant/flower extracts. They smell very nice and are actually good for skin.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks, they look fabulous!! I still use soap and a facecloth, I find a good facecloth exfoliates my skin better than those puff balls!!
    Lynn49, Ciel, N@t@ and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I didn't know that so many of us still prefer soap in all its goodness *unless they're US made, lol...over the chemicals in shower gels! I hope some of you pick one of these up...!
    Ciel, ticul, Anna Michele and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Too bad that we dont have that store here. I would buy those in a heart beat. Bars of soap is the only thing I buy as I really dont like Body wash. I am like SavvyLady I still use soap and a facecloth and I too I find a good facecloth exfoliates my skin better than those puff balls!! I have bought a while back some Olay massaging bars of soap and I can not find them anymore, they are my favorite too. I still have some left but I will need some more soon. I will contact them and see if they still have some and order them. Finger cross as I really like that soap. Thank you Lynn for sharing a awesome brag and just to let you know Bars of soap are on my Xmass list lol. I just had to say this. Thank you again Lynn.......................................
    Lynn49, Ciel, Decaf and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

What a nice find!
    @ticul you could try at Winners. Marshalls and Winners are the same company and might have the same stock
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What a lovely find and at quite a savings! You can also repurpose the embellishments on the packaging in some craft projects.
    Lynn49, Ciel, ticul and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna P View Post
    What a lovely find and at quite a savings! You can also repurpose the embellishments on the packaging in some craft projects.
    A woman after my own heart, lol...yep, you can bet that rhinestone embellishment will make an appearance on one of my DD's Christmas gifts!

I started making my own hand soaps because of all the information out there regarding cancer and the ingredients in soaps (yes, even Olay!), particularly sodium lauryl sulphate which can have a very negative affect on us re cancer as well as our nervous systems. So I purchase soap bases without any harmful ingredients and just add essential oils to make them nice and sniffy. So easy to do!

Here's info from the Suzuki Foundation re sodium lauryl sulphate

Depending on manufacturing processes, sodium laureth sulfate may be contaminated with measurable amounts of ethylene oxide and 1,4-dioxane. i The International Agency for Research on Cancer ethylene oxide as a known human carcinogen and 1,4-dioxane as a possible human carcinogen. Ethylene oxide can also harm the nervous system iiand the California Environmental Protection Agency has classified it as a possible developmental toxicant based on evidence that it may interfere with human development. iii 1,4-dioxane is also persistent. In other words, it doesn't easily degrade and can remain in the environment long after it is rinsed down the shower drain. 1,4-dioxane can be removed from cosmetics during the manufacturing process by vacuum stripping, but there is no easy way for consumers to know whether products containing sodium laureth sulfate have undergone this process.

Here's VERY SCARY information on both sodium lauryl sulphate and sodium laureth sulphate:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...l-sulfate.aspx

So....I use uncontaminated soap!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Nov 24th, 2015 at 11:26 AM.
    Ciel, ticul, Anna P and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Im a soap and wash cloth girl as well fyi I found some kitchen cloths at the dollar tree and one side has a mess to help with scrubbing I LOVE IT I stocked up on them as I know one day when I need more they will be gone

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    Lynn49, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ticul View Post
    Too bad that we dont have that store here. I would buy those in a heart beat. Bars of soap is the only thing I buy as I really dont like Body wash. I am like SavvyLady I still use soap and a facecloth and I too I find a good facecloth exfoliates my skin better than those puff balls!! I have bought a while back some Olay massaging bars of soap and I can not find them anymore, they are my favorite too. I still have some left but I will need some more soon. I will contact them and see if they still have some and order them. Finger cross as I really like that soap. Thank you Lynn for sharing a awesome brag and just to let you know Bars of soap are on my Xmass list lol. I just had to say this. Thank you again Lynn.......................................
    Try dollar store. Think I've seen those Olay bar there a while ago.

Thread Information