User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Fortino's Ancaster Grand Reopening 8am Nov. 20

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It's all about the new Pane Fresco stations, including a noodle bar! New seating booths too. We're to have wi-fi as well...
    Today's Ancaster News has a 4-pg insert and the claim that the best prime rib sandwich is at the store.

There is a new Wine Shop that opened last week. If you want to order Pane Fresco catering, there's a room to talk with an employee about your party needs. Dry cleaner store is now at the west entrance, formerly the cigar shop.
    @AnnaMi chele, I'll report whether the store gives the same freebies (two foccacia samples, coffee, roses) as Fiesta Mall's store did last year.
    This thread is currently associated with: Fortinos
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Nov 19th, 2015 at 06:44 PM.
    Anna Michele and beachdown like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Awesome but I remember the Stoney Creek one handed out roses so im not rushing over there

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

East entrance (about 8:30am) where the new buggy area is located-just inside the store-employee gave out roses from an urn plus a two page glossy flyer. One side of flyer introduced the store manager and two coupon offers for the Ancaster store only (Dec. 31 expiries): $1 off fresh juice made in-store through a personal order and $1 off personal salad made to order in the store.
    Other side listed the new Pane Fresco stations. I did not see any focaccia samples, free coffee or accordian-player.
    Christmas music played over the PA system. We have the booths and tables like Fiesta Mall's seating area. Acrylic tent cards mention free wi-fi. Two shoppers had ignored the no shopping carts in dining area sign by bringing in their carts.
    In bulk foods (20% off this flyer), there are gravity-feed dispensers for candies and some grains/legumes above the regular bulk bins. Helps if you are tall!
    Noticed the magazine/newspaper section is much smaller and is now located by the PC Financial ATM/west wall of the store by express checkout.
    Hallmark cards section took over the former magazine/newspaper section (no idea what happened to the PC Phone display) between the east end express checkout and hot foods (soups/sandwiches). During the renovations, the card display was near the power wall, then the back corner by butter/eggs then in the aisle with baby care items before landing in its new location.

I picked up a Lantic sugar coupon booklet at the coupon board.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I picked up the store flyer as our community paper did not arrive yesterday (saw someone with a car tossing out papers around 10 am on my second trip out this morning). Lots of dollar deals-$2 Soft Soap pumps. Saw Jane's frozen chicken product on front page for $5.98 (strips?). There are chestnuts in the store-noticed that Fortinos and Food Basics have mentioned product of Italy or Spain in their flyers. Have not seen anything but Italy before-good prices for the chestnuts $3.98/lb (Food Basics has $2.98/lb but I did not check them out today).

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Im sure theres a better thread for this but Thursday the 26th 6-8pm at the fortinos at the top of 20 is having a free cheese sampling a bunch of vendors and surely coupons to go with. My source said they are doing these on different days at different locations so it wouldn't hurt to call and ask at your closest locations if this one is too far

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Fri, Nov 20th, 2015 at 06:45 PM.
    Ciel likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Pane Fresco catering menu features cheese platters, so this sampling event seems in-line with creating demand for platters! Thanks for sharing the Upper Centennial store event, @AnnaMi chele! Will see if I can visit.

Last night after 6pm, I noticed there had been a Baci chocolate table set up by the power wall at Fortino's Ancaster. So the store had other activities in the day. Mom's friend missed out on the roses. Our community paper did not reach some of our street-very pleased I found out about the event a day before!
    Anna Michele and beachdown like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was there yesterday around that time with a friend of mine

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    The Pane Fresco catering menu features cheese platters, so this sampling event seems in-line with creating demand for platters! Thanks for sharing the Upper Centennial store event, @AnnaMi chele! Will see if I can visit.

Last night after 6pm, I noticed there had been a Baci chocolate table set up by the power wall at Fortino's Ancaster. So the store had other activities in the day. Mom's friend missed out on the roses. Our community paper did not reach some of our street-very pleased I found out about the event a day before!
    Ciel likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    194 (100%)

Watch your mail boxes! I got a flyer in the mail that had a save $10 when you spend $50 at the Ancaster location only. Expires Dec. 31st.
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.
    Want to learn how to coupon? Check out this ultimate guide to couponing in Canada!

Love Swagbucks? Check out Treasure Trooper! Same idea, but also has a chat room and pays to play with dragons! Pays in USD! Click here for a $5 bonus when you sign up!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Saturday afternoon, there were two Baci demo people on duty making treats and handing out samples. Next table had mustard and olive oil sampling. Plus a guitarist was playing for the shoppers.
    @spanishpoet -nothing yet regarding the mailing perhaps because I'm in town...good offer to get!
    spanishpoet likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    194 (100%)

Keep watching! It wasn't addressed to me, just a flyer with the coupon at the bottom
    Ciel likes this.
    Want to learn how to coupon? Check out this ultimate guide to couponing in Canada!

Love Swagbucks? Check out Treasure Trooper! Same idea, but also has a chat room and pays to play with dragons! Pays in USD! Click here for a $5 bonus when you sign up!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by spanishpoet View Post
    Keep watching! It wasn't addressed to me, just a flyer with the coupon at the bottom
    Perhaps the residents outside of Ancaster are getting the offer. No sign of the flyer in our box as yet.
    Could have used the offer last week when a big grocery shop was done.
    spanishpoet likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    194 (100%)

Darn! I'm in Meadowlands and got one last week and the week before Maybe they're just targeting certain areas of Ancaster?
    Last edited by spanishpoet; Thu, Dec 3rd, 2015 at 10:07 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@spanishpoet -oh, it must be to lure Sobeys Extra shoppers over to the west end of town! Wait until next year, when the Longo's next to Ancaster Toyota opens. Still $10 off a $50 shopping trip this month is 20% off. Go for it if the deal aligns with your offers/shopping list!
    Yesterday, I noticed that the new soap/personal care stand in the back had someone in an apron to get shoppers interested in the new wares (site of former bulk foods/candy section by natural foods refrigerated sections).
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, Dec 4th, 2015 at 02:15 PM.
    spanishpoet and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

OOO Longo's you say that will be nice
    Ciel likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    194 (100%)

@Ciel - I'm really looking forward to the Longo's opening! Definitely makes sense that they are trying to bring us west! I'll take it lol!
    Ciel likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information