• 4 Post By amira84
  • 3 Post By rockco
  • 4 Post By momgoneawol
  • 2 Post By Arvilish

Thread: COUPON term meanings

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

To Whom it may concern here is some coupon term meanings to help you and I

LIMIT ONE COUPON PER PURCHASE: This term is on most coupons means you as a customer may use 1 Coupon on each product you are buying.

FOR EXAMPLE: If you're buying 5 toys and you have 5 coupons you may use 1 coupon on each toy. Every item you buy is a purchase.

LIMIT ONE COUPON PER CUSTOMER: You may only use 1 coupon during your store visit.

Each store has it's own policy on accepting coupons. Most store policies will accept 1 coupon on each product purchased.

However the terms on the coupons are from the manufacturer's. They want you to buy their products. Unless they have limit's you shouldn't have issues using them.

Please STOP confusing the two different definitions . They don't mean the same thing.

Please see the difference of meanings below

I HOPES THIS HELPS EVERYONE!

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  46.8 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel, walkonby, FrugalKris and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

If you always carry a "one per customer" example coupon, you can show the cashier the difference
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

is this an on-going issue? i don't remember this being brought up in the Rant thread before

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

@torontogal12 @GoJays

I already do. I have showed the two different definition coupons to cashiers, csm and managers and they all still think it means the same thing.

I am hoping this post will help.
    Ciel, walkonby and rockco like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have had this problem last week or so. I was using 4 glad cling wrap coupons ($0.50 off, tearpad) for 4 cling wraps. Cashier rejected to take all 4. She said that she could only accept 1 because the coupon said so. (One coupon oer purchase). She was confusing transaction with purchase. I told her that this was my one big transaction and i was purchasing 4 cling wraps and using 4 coupons for every item. She stole my whole sentence and inserted purchase in place of transaction. She almost hugged every item on the belt and said, "this is one purchase and you can only use 1 coupon for this cling wrap". I was like

I insisted i was right! She called someone on the phone, told me they said no, i couldn't use all 4. I said the same thing. She called customer service, they said no. After these 2 calls she said that she was going to let me use all these coupons THIS TIME ONLY. i was sooo mad at her "generosity". In my head i was like
    CrazyQT, Ciel, walkonby and 6 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I have had this problem last week or so. I was using 4 glad cling wrap coupons ($0.50 off, tearpad) for 4 cling wraps. Cashier rejected to take all 4. She said that she could only accept 1 because the coupon said so. (One coupon oer purchase). She was confusing transaction with purchase. I told her that this was my one big transaction and i was purchasing 4 cling wraps and using 4 coupons for every item. She stole my whole sentence and inserted purchase in place of transaction. She almost hugged every item on the belt and said, "this is one purchase and you can only use 1 coupon for this cling wrap". I was like

I insisted i was right! She called someone on the phone, told me they said no, i couldn't use all 4. I said the same thing. She called customer service, they said no. After these 2 calls she said that she was going to let me use all these coupons THIS TIME ONLY. i was sooo mad at her "generosity". In my head i was like
    arrg!! @amira84 I know that feeling when they finally give in and say " this time only " like as if they are warning you never to try that again!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

They have given me this "this time only" treatment lots of time. And now i just take it. Who cares if they are doing a favor to me or whatever... i know that the manufacturer is going to reimburse for all these coupons so i just take their "courtesy". Atleast i get what i wanted at that time.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

@amira84 Yeah it's really frustrating when a store accepts coupons but they don't understand the terms. It would really help if the store's did there own research on the term meanings. Then they should post the meanings by the tills so everyone will understand the terms. This would help and save a lot of time.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mandy403 View Post
    @amira84 Yeah it's really frustrating when a store accepts coupons but they don't understand the terms. It would really help if the store's did there own research on the term meanings. Then they should post the meanings by the tills so everyone will understand the terms. This would help and save a lot of time.
    Agree. It is frustrating when the cashiers etc don't understand the terms and you're left feeling like you're hitting your head against a brick wall.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happened to me this evening on a Walmart shop.

New Associate being trained to read the coupon, side-kick senior cashier was training and giving her wrong instructions about "per purchase" and trying to limit # of coupons. I corrected both and CSM agreed with with me. Imagine how many other Associates were trained incorrectly by the long term senior cashier.

All you can do is be patient and re-educate. Sigh...
    Ciel, walkonby, mandy403 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockco View Post
    All you can do is be patient and re-educate. Sigh...

Yes. But sometimes when the cashiers are old ladies, they don't budge! They don't like to be told and they infact try to educate us.
    Ciel, rockco, Arvilish and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Yes. But sometimes when the cashiers are old ladies, they don't budge! They don't like to be told and they infact try to educate us.
    Yep, sometimes I lose the battle. And just go through another cashier.
    Ciel, amira84 and frasha69.sf like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

When I have had the problem to trying to use "one per purchase" coupons and the cashier thinks it is one per transaction or customer. I point out that I could pay for each item individually then as that would be one per purchase. Perhaps it the coupon stated "limit one coupon to be applied per item purchased" it would help with some of the confusion.
    Ciel, mandy403, rockco and 1 others like this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Hate it too! I was so frustrated once that I ended up telling the cashier to see this term on dictionary in my cell phone; I think that made her feel bad...oopsy!
    rockco and frasha69.sf like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Smart idea to carry both sets of coupons as reference for a cashier. When this situation comes up, I always tell the cashier "Fine, I'll pay for the 1 item with 1 coupon." Then I'll do a new transaction with the 2nd item, 2nd coupon, etc. When given the choice most cashiers will either a) do the separate transactions for each item, or b) roll their eyes, huff & puff, and say the "I'll it go just this one time" chant. Either way, I receive the coupon discount for each item. What I fail to understand is, the store is getting the coupon discount from the manufacturere anyway, so what does it matter how many coupons one uses in one transaction?

Thread Information