User Tag List

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Ok, I can't just lurk on this thread again this year so I am in. I am also doing the WW plan. Still trying to figure out the new plan. My goal for January is to actually use my gym membership.
    Today I am going to make chili for my lunches it freezes well and prep my veggies for lunch too.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Sun, Jan 3rd, 2016 at 09:35 AM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yay, the more the merrier, welcome everyone!!!

Sheetsofemptycanvas, regarding lunches, I've seen a lot of posts on diet threads using the "bento box" approach to lunches....would that help?

Here, look at this:
    http://www.cookinglight.com/food/rec...lunch/view-all

https://www.google.ca/search?q=healt...w=1024&bih=658

Bento boxes can be found in dollar stores or in more upscale kitchen stores...hope this helps!

DAY 2 for me....a smoothie for breakfast: 1 c almond milk, 1 scoop protein powder, cocoa powder, frozen strawberries, sweetener. Points: 4

I'll be back later...for now...stick to your guns, Ladies!!! You're a whole lot stronger than that cookie!!
    Angela273, macw1960, DaveP and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

How do you guys feel about Oprah being the new spokesperson for WW?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...loss-plan.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...rs-advert.html
    TaraF, Angela273, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

@Lynn49 I agree wholeheartedly with you about tracking things. I log EVERY meal I eat, every calorie, every carb for every day. Tedious? A bit. But it keeps me accountable and keeps me on track. It also helps with my diabetes as I'm on a sliding scale for insulin. You also NAILED it. The key to losing weight is to burn more calories than you are taking in. And we actually burn calories just breathing, so with minimal movement and exercise around the home and a modified diet one can be successful.

However, for those that can exercise I say go for it, and never look back! Because the only way it's going to hurt you is if you're doing it wrong. lol
    @SavvyLady this is for you.
    Name:  15.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  9.0 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I'm no fan, but if she motivates people to get healthier then it's worth it.
    And I tell ya....I sure wouldn't post a video of my boobs flopping around if I were jogging!! LOL! That takes guts. A good sports bra would have done the trick: my goodness that must have hurt!!!!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I have mixed feelings on this one but it all boils down to her influence. Obviously the woman is so incredibly influential that it would be a wonderful thing if she could be a motivator for people to lose weight. But anyone that has ever tried to lose weight, especially a large amount of it, knows it's a battle, a lifelong one for many and one that is more than simply putting the fork down and backing away from the table. Though I know you can do the points system I also know you can purchase pre-packaged food, and I just hope people don't get caught up in the euphoria of another Oprah endorsement and lose money on something they would otherwise not have tried if she wasn't saying "hey give this a try".

This is a little bit more expensive than the "book of the month".

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    @Lynn49 I agree wholeheartedly with you about tracking things. I log EVERY meal I eat, every calorie, every carb for every day. Tedious? A bit. But it keeps me accountable and keeps me on track. It also helps with my diabetes as I'm on a sliding scale for insulin. You also NAILED it. The key to losing weight is to burn more calories than you are taking in. And we actually burn calories just breathing, so with minimal movement and exercise around the home and a modified diet one can be successful.

However, for those that can exercise I say go for it, and never look back! Because the only way it's going to hurt you is if you're doing it wrong. lol
    @SavvyLady this is for you.
    Name:  15.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  9.0 KB
    I just came back on here to make up and print out a few tracking sheets...hm. I wonder if there are prepared ones out there somewhere....{{{checking}}}...
    Tara, goodness, I didn't know (remember?) that you were closing in on being insulin-dependent...an even bigger reason for your dedication. Who knows how many of us aren't far behind you?
    Here for ya, Hon!!
    TaraF, Angela273, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, there are all sorts of daily diaries out there, but nothing that I want to work with...I'll join WW next week and get all their "stuff".

Lilo..that chili you make....sounds like something I'd love...have you done the WW calculations for it? I know that as far as the 'off the shelf' kind, I can have 1C of vegetarian chili for 3 points. I'll probably stick to that because I'm not sure I could do a proper calculation otherwise...Enjoy!
    Angela273, macw1960, DaveP and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I will recalculated today when I make it. It's a super lazy, dump the cans in the pot chili and add a jar of salsa. Sometimes I add ground beef or small pasta but I will have to see how it points out 1st.
    Angela273, macw1960, DaveP and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I will recalculated today when I make it. It's a super lazy, dump the cans in the pot chili and add a jar of salsa. Sometimes I add ground beef or small pasta but I will have to see how it points out 1st.
    Fantastic, Lilo!! Personally I wouldn't add beef because of the added points, and frankly I don't miss it in chili...I think there's a name for non-beef chili and not "vegetarian", lol...I'll have to look it up...well, yep, it's "vegetarian"! Seems the controversy arises as to whether or not "real" chili has beans in it or not. I didn't know this, but the chili made in competitions cannot contain beans. More's the pity...I think that's the best part!

Just thinking here...chili without beans would be like the sloppy joes we make...hmph. It's not chili.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Jan 3rd, 2016 at 01:36 PM.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oh goody!! A new thread! thanks @Lynn49

I started Weight Watcher's for the very first time! I went ( well me and my sciatica hobbled into the meeting ) on Jan 2nd. I can only sit maybe 10 min at a time on here so i won't be posting until this dang pain is gone BUT I am back to a commitment to get healthy!!
    Sending you a giant box of wine... oh wait, that has calories... how about some well wishes? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Yay, the more the merrier, welcome everyone!!!

Sheetsofemptycanvas, regarding lunches, I've seen a lot of posts on diet threads using the "bento box" approach to lunches....would that help?

Here, look at this:
    http://www.cookinglight.com/food/rec...lunch/view-all

https://www.google.ca/search?q=healt...w=1024&bih=658

Bento boxes can be found in dollar stores or in more upscale kitchen stores...hope this helps!

DAY 2 for me....a smoothie for breakfast: 1 c almond milk, 1 scoop protein powder, cocoa powder, frozen strawberries, sweetener. Points: 4

I'll be back later...for now...stick to your guns, Ladies!!! You're a whole lot stronger than that cookie!!
    I do the bento box for DS but not for myself... I forgot to mention that I have to stick with things that don't need to be refrigerated as I'm on the road all day long. I'm going to pick up some almonds, mini carrot sticks, etc. plus a good thermos for soup/chili/stew/etc.
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I'm definitely in! I took December off from my nutrition program to enjoy all the treats and goodies but starting tomorrow I am back on track and excited to lose even more weight.

Gained back only 6 of the 23 lbs I lost in November which is remarkable considering how terribly I ate.

My goal is going to be '60 in 6' so trying to lose 60 lbs by end of June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyles_Mama View Post
    I'm definitely in! I took December off from my nutrition program to enjoy all the treats and goodies but starting tomorrow I am back on track and excited to lose even more weight.

Gained back only 6 of the 23 lbs I lost in November which is remarkable considering how terribly I ate.

My goal is going to be '60 in 6' so trying to lose 60 lbs by end of June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whao, Lady, great goal and great saying, "Sixty in Six"!! I'd love to be able to do that, and in my earlier years I may have, although I didn't need to lose weight when I was younger...but as we age it really does get more difficult to lose for some reason. Well, that's my excuse anyway...

I lost 50lbs from Christmas of 2013 until May of 2014, which is when I fell and subsequently, due to total bed rest, etc, gained half of it back. So it's sure doeable!!! I have no idea, as I sit here, how I managed to stick to that diet. Usually I need a motivator, like a cruise, visits, etc, but there really wasn't anything that spring or summer. I hope I have the same motivation now! Fingers crossed! AND I never did a lick of exercise throughout that process...

Good luck to you, Kyles-Mama!!! Btw...are you on any particular weight-loss program?
    Angela273, Kyles_Mama and macw1960 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have so many challenges for this year but I also feel it will be my year.

I think I have finally figured out what is up with my health, sadly the doctor was of no help so I am going this one alone. I have done a ton of reading and think I can over come this. I am hoping once I overcome my health issues things will get better for me.

My new job is hopefully going to allow me to find more me time which will mean time to work out, I hope. As always I must start slow and it has to be something I can do on my own without a gym as my new job will involve travel and from one week to the next I may not know where I am going to be.

That will be the downside to my new job will be the travelling, I can totally relate with Sheets on this as most food needs to be grabbed on the go or I get so busy I forget to eat and then at 4 it is all about what is the largest meal I can get as I have not eaten all day.

With all this being said I am optimistic that this year can finally be my year. All of this will start tomorrow when I go back to work and get back into a routine.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    I have mixed feelings on this one but it all boils down to her influence. Obviously the woman is so incredibly influential that it would be a wonderful thing if she could be a motivator for people to lose weight. But anyone that has ever tried to lose weight, especially a large amount of it, knows it's a battle, a lifelong one for many and one that is more than simply putting the fork down and backing away from the table. Though I know you can do the points system I also know you can purchase pre-packaged food, and I just hope people don't get caught up in the euphoria of another Oprah endorsement and lose money on something they would otherwise not have tried if she wasn't saying "hey give this a try".

This is a little bit more expensive than the "book of the month".
    Is she flogging some product?!! I must have missed that. If she is, then PHOOEY to her is right!!
    Gads...I can just imagine her coming out with her own, new and improved food line!!
    I admit to using some frozen foods, for those days when I'm so done with lunches and need a SmartOnes sweet 'n sour chicken, or some pasta, but it's not what I count on most of the time.
    Oh.
    And some frozen diet desserts. A gal's got to treat herself sometimes, right?

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information