User Tag List

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I have so many challenges for this year but I also feel it will be my year.

I think I have finally figured out what is up with my health, sadly the doctor was of no help so I am going this one alone. I have done a ton of reading and think I can over come this. I am hoping once I overcome my health issues things will get better for me.

My new job is hopefully going to allow me to find more me time which will mean time to work out, I hope. As always I must start slow and it has to be something I can do on my own without a gym as my new job will involve travel and from one week to the next I may not know where I am going to be.

That will be the downside to my new job will be the travelling, I can totally relate with Sheets on this as most food needs to be grabbed on the go or I get so busy I forget to eat and then at 4 it is all about what is the largest meal I can get as I have not eaten all day.

With all this being said I am optimistic that this year can finally be my year. All of this will start tomorrow when I go back to work and get back into a routine.
    Regarding eating healthy on the road, what about the prepared foods in a grocery store, like the salads, fruit cups you could add a yogurt cup into for protein..? Or those fruit trays...just grab a small container of FF cottage cheese and mix in some fruit...would anything like that work for you and Sheets?

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Lynn I've been on insulin for about.... a year and a half now. Can't say I'm liking it either.

Oh on the chili thing, I HATE beans, well not so much beans but the texture so I went out and purchased a Magic Bullet. Now I make Chili by using lean ground turkey and pureeing Navy Beans and Red Kidney beans to add the flavour, nutrition and it helps with the thickness of the chili. Just an FYI for those picky eaters out there. lol

I'm making a huge batch of Very Dilly Lentil Soup on Wed that will last quite a few days. Just in time for the cold snap!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This is what I usually do for my lunches, I usually grab a family salad for the week and various other cut up items I can just leave in the fridge in the offices.

Dinners are my down fall but I am hoping to be able to make some of my own homemade prepared meals to take with me so eating out will be a little less and I did get better at choosing better options when I do have to eat out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Regarding eating healthy on the road, what about the prepared foods in a grocery store, like the salads, fruit cups you could add a yogurt cup into for protein..? Or those fruit trays...just grab a small container of FF cottage cheese and mix in some fruit...would anything like that work for you and Sheets?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Totally with you on the hating beans things which sucks. My family just does not get it they keep giving me vegetarian dishes to try full of beans and telling me I won't notice them. Just like you it is the texture that gets me just cannot do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Lynn I've been on insulin for about.... a year and a half now. Can't say I'm liking it either.

Oh on the chili thing, I HATE beans, well not so much beans but the texture so I went out and purchased a Magic Bullet. Now I make Chili by using lean ground turkey and pureeing Navy Beans and Red Kidney beans to add the flavour, nutrition and it helps with the thickness of the chili. Just an FYI for those picky eaters out there. lol

I'm making a huge batch of Very Dilly Lentil Soup on Wed that will last quite a few days. Just in time for the cold snap!
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Good luck to you, Kyles-Mama!!! Btw...are you on any particular weight-loss program?
    Yes I started Isagenix in November, lost 23 lbs in one month (I have about 80 to lose but I'd be thrilled with anything that makes me feel better about myself and gives me more energy) and then I stopped in December, ate like a monster and gained 6 back.

I absolutely LOVE the program and it's super easy but I'm not into the concept of trying to push it on anyone who will listen so I can make money lol. That's network marketing for ya though!

So that being said, don't worry, I'm not on here looking for recruits or anything! Of course if anyone is interested or has questions just pm me and I'd be happy to give you more info.

I'm just focusing on being the healthiest, fittest me I can be and so far this is the only program that works for my picky eating and busy lifestyle.

Is there a certain day of the week we're supposed to check in with our progress or weigh-in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

100 squats a day!
    (Or somewhat close...)

I`m comfortable with my figure, however I do plan on going a more vegan/organic lifestyle.
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyles_Mama View Post
    Yes I started Isagenix
    My Aunt was working on this program - the background to it is very intriguing. Everything down to if you color your hair or swim in pools with chlorine. So many things out there that interfere with your health you don`t even consider.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I have so many challenges for this year but I also feel it will be my year.

I think I have finally figured out what is up with my health, sadly the doctor was of no help so I am going this one alone. I have done a ton of reading and think I can over come this. I am hoping once I overcome my health issues things will get better for me.

My new job is hopefully going to allow me to find more me time which will mean time to work out, I hope. As always I must start slow and it has to be something I can do on my own without a gym as my new job will involve travel and from one week to the next I may not know where I am going to be.

That will be the downside to my new job will be the travelling, I can totally relate with Sheets on this as most food needs to be grabbed on the go or I get so busy I forget to eat and then at 4 it is all about what is the largest meal I can get as I have not eaten all day.

With all this being said I am optimistic that this year can finally be my year. All of this will start tomorrow when I go back to work and get back into a routine.
    I actually love this idea and I'm not sure why I didn't think of it! I love cottage cheese although I can't do the fat free... maybe 1% though. They do have some yummy salads as well
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyles_Mama View Post
    Yes I started Isagenix in November, lost 23 lbs in one month (I have about 80 to lose but I'd be thrilled with anything that makes me feel better about myself and gives me more energy) and then I stopped in December, ate like a monster and gained 6 back.

I absolutely LOVE the program and it's super easy but I'm not into the concept of trying to push it on anyone who will listen so I can make money lol. That's network marketing for ya though!

So that being said, don't worry, I'm not on here looking for recruits or anything! Of course if anyone is interested or has questions just pm me and I'd be happy to give you more info.

I'm just focusing on being the healthiest, fittest me I can be and so far this is the only program that works for my picky eating and busy lifestyle.

Is there a certain day of the week we're supposed to check in with our progress or weigh-in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I only asked out of curiosity, Hon, no worries, lol, we're all comfortable with different ways of reaching our goals. Our DD is finishing what she has left of her Isagenics, but prefers ... um ... Protein power, iirc...she just needs more options and says the shakes taste better, hahaha....she doesn't really have much to lose, maybe 10 lbs to be a comfy size 8-10. Brat.

I re-thought about my weight loss, and I think it took longer than I thought originally....I may have started before Thanksgiving because I recall being careful over the two holidays....mind like a sieve!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    I actually love this idea and I'm not sure why I didn't think of it! I love cottage cheese although I can't do the fat free... maybe 1% though. They do have some yummy salads as well
    Heck, yes, 1% would be just as good!! I love cottage cheese too, and one of my favourite breakfasts consists of a slice of ww toast, topped with cottage cheese, then sliced peaches (I use canned in water since it's easier to keep around), or plain and broiled with a tich of cinnamon. Great. Now I want one.
    I'm guessing it'll be breakfast tomorrow morning!

Kyles_Mama, in the old thread we "checked in" on Fridays, so I guess we can keep it that way since many of us are accustomed to it. We just relate our losses, struggles we had, and help each other along.

Tara, I'm so sorry I forgot about you being on insulin. Seems I can't keep anything in this noggin for any length of time. I've seen my brother on that since about 1980, and now he'll tell anyone within hearing range to get set up with a stent and pump; he said is made a world of difference in his life.
    Glad you're on here with us, Hon.

Lilo, I just saw a recipe for lentil chili on some "Maven's" site...I'll look for it tomorrow..it has a point count too, iirc, since she does WW.

Okay! Off to sleep!!

Another successful day, for all of us beautiful LOSERS!!
    TaraF, Angela273, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Good Morning and happy Monday!!
    I am just following my cardiologist's advice and loading my plate with 75% veggies and the other 25% is protein and carbs and following the 6 small meals a day program. It has worked well for me. I have my family's meals planned for the week and feel on track!!! I am also enjoying the new lime flavored club soda, gives my sweet tooth a treat with no calories.
    Tonight is chicken burrito bowls but I will go easy on the chicken and rice and omit the corn. I am using a cilantro lime marinade for the chicken so few calories there. Have turkey soup simmering with tons of veggies and will boost the protein with lentils and barley.
    Good luck this week!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Mon, Jan 4th, 2016 at 12:13 PM.
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Good Morning and happy Monday!!
    I am just following my cardiologist's advice and loading my plate with 75% veggies and the other 25% is protein and carbs and following the 6 small meals a day program. It has worked well for me. I have my family's meals planned for the week and feel on track!!! I am also enjoying the new lime flavored club soda, gives my sweet tooth a treat with no calories.
    Tonight is chicken burrito bowls but I will go easy on the chicken and rice and omit the corn. I am using a cilantro lime marinade for the chicken so few calories there. Have turkey soup simmering with tons of veggies and will boost the protein with lentils and barley.
    Good luck this week!!
    TG, that all sounds so yummy!!!Thank heavens Hubby is on this journey with me, too, since cooking is so much easier than preparing two meals. Which I wouldn't do anyway; he'd just add a carb to whatever we're having, but he has to get into shape for golf season, so his tummy has to go. It's just not fair how quickly guys can lose their tummies and poof, right back to looking great!!

Thank you for sharing those ideas, TG!! It's always nice to get fresh ideas, esp when dieting, so that it's less boring...it's so easy to get into a rut, isn't it?

I 'frizzled' chicken breasts I sliced up last night in a nice fresh ginger, garlic and light soy sauce mixture on the stove and they browned up quite nicely. Nothing ickier than nekked chicken strips. We had them with frizzled fresh cut mushrooms with baby bok choy and honestly I could have those veggies for lunch without any protein! I made a little sweet/sour dressing to frizzle them in and so yummy!

Tonight will see the rest of the chicken paired with riced cauliflower and sliced and baked brussel sprouts drizzled with balsamic glaze. I'll grab a couple of strips for my wrap for lunch, there's plenty left over.

So, off to do just that!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

...and how are you all doing? The first 4 days, I've always found, are the most difficult, but sticking to it is so rewarding...and that scale moving downwards? Priceless!!
    TaraF, Angela273, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Lynn we eat a lot of grilled baby bok choy, here is a recipe for sunnier days!!
    http://www.canadianliving.com/food/a...d_bok_choy.php

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

...and how are you all doing? The first 4 days, I've always found, are the most difficult, but sticking to it is so rewarding...and that scale moving downwards? Priceless!!

I'm feeling fantabulous! I have my goal in mind and nothing is going to move me from it! I am one of these obsessive weight checkers who hits the scale every morning and log it. It's interesting that some people say you should only actually weigh yourself once a week, once a month or such, but I can't do that. I find there is more accountability with an every day weigh in. I don't take it TOO seriously because I know that a little extra salt the night before can give you a bloated number, or a little less salt can deflate you some. But I find a daily morning weigh in keeps me more accountable.

Is anyone else that way? So far. Day 4 of the New Year says I'm down 2.8 lbs. Water weight or not I'm taking it. lol I hope everyone else is feeling positive!

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information