User Tag List

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    Oh my goodness Lynn, you made me laugh and you managed to convince me to join!!! (You're quite the sweet talker you know) I however will have to start maybe tomorrow??? I definitely need to lose weight as I am tiny and it shows up a hell of a lot quicker than on a tall person. I will try my hardest this time and will also try to exercise more. Thanks for the links for the food websites (i.e. skinnymom, etc.). Truly appreciate it. Good luck everyone and I look forward to letting you know my progress as well.
    ...so happy you decided to join our "Losers" club!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

There's such an inviting smell coming from the kitchen, but it's just Hubby preparing Jenny's food for the freezer, LOL.....am I salivating? Am I? You can tell me, you know...I won't take it the wrong way...Friends don't let Friends salivate.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ ha ha Jenny gets the best homemade meals from her Dad....ha ha . Well I just love that we have some new members on board this time
    ( hi! @toronto166 , welcome!! )
    Today was just about the most satisfying brekkie I have ever eaten! I had a 2 1/2 oz cooked piece of rainbow trout smothered with FREE veggies, my small " token " bowl of cooked oatmeal and my egg white omelet, packed with free sauteed onion, pepper, baby spinach and 1/2 oz grated mozz. I ate that around 10:30 and JUST now had my lunch.
    This feels so good in my tum tum now. No grumbling and indigestion.
    Carry on losers!!
    Oh and CONGRATS!!! to you @Lynn49 on your wonderful 6.1 lbs. motivational loss!! One day at a time.
    I'll sign off soon, my 10 min is almost up. Have a great evening everyone.

babies teach us acceptance

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ^^ ha ha Jenny gets the best homemade meals from her Dad....ha ha . Well I just love that we have some new members on board this time
    ( hi! @toronto166, welcome!! )
    Today was just about the most satisfying brekkie I have ever eaten! I had a 2 1/2 oz cooked piece of rainbow trout smothered with FREE veggies, my small " token " bowl of cooked oatmeal and my egg white omelet, packed with free sauteed onion, pepper, baby spinach and 1/2 oz grated mozz. I ate that around 10:30 and JUST now had my lunch.
    This feels so good in my tum tum now. No grumbling and indigestion.
    Carry on losers!!
    Oh and CONGRATS!!! to you @Lynn49 on your wonderful 6.1 lbs. motivational loss!! One day at a time.
    I'll sign off soon, my 10 min is almost up. Have a great evening everyone.
    ... ok, I just drooled all over the keyboard!!! I have everything except for the trout, looks like an omelette is in my future!!!

We had the Marc Angelo chicken sausages for supper (spinach and feta, and cheddar bacon) and WOW are they ever good and about half the calories and fat as regular sausages.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    ... ok, I just drooled all over the keyboard!!! I have everything except for the trout, looks like an omelette is in my future!!!

We had the Marc Angelo chicken sausages for supper (spinach and feta, and cheddar bacon) and WOW are they ever good and about half the calories and fat as regular sausages.
    Sheets, are you counting calories, no carb, or doing WW points? Just curious what everyone is doing to lose weight or get healthier.

Walkonby, omg, YUM on your breakfast! How many points was that?! Except for the egg white thingy. I just can't do it!!

Well, Day 4 is over and done with, still on program and losing weight. It should slow down now to one or two lbs a week, which is fine; it's harder to put back on that way.

Night!!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Sheets, are you counting calories, no carb, or doing WW points? Just curious what everyone is doing to lose weight or get healthier.

Walkonby, omg, YUM on your breakfast! How many points was that?! Except for the egg white thingy. I just can't do it!!

Well, Day 4 is over and done with, still on program and losing weight. It should slow down now to one or two lbs a week, which is fine; it's harder to put back on that way.

Night!!
    I'm counting calories right now but I've been looking in to weight watchers... I found an online calculator for points. I can't afford to actually join lol

I'm using a site called myfitnesspal.com to track my calories.

Breakfast out with Mom this morning, not sure what I'll have!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone. So here's a little bit of my history. Last time I went to my doctor was in June and got weighed. So this is the weight I am using as my starting point. Two months later, in August, I developed bronchitis and quit smoking after 30 years. Well I weighed myself this morning and considering all I ate over the holidays and quitting smoking, I weigh "ONE" pound more than I did in June. I'm ecstatic about that. However oh boy....I really need to lose weight. I am not following any diet or points. I am just going to try to eat healthier and try to do a little bit of exercise. We will see how this goes. Wishing you all a great day today and happy to be a "LOSER" Lynn. Thanks for the welcome from Lynn49 and walkonby!!!
    ROMEO, Angela273, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sheets, that's what I did when I lost those 50 lbs...WW for free!
    I'm on my iPad now which I hate typing on, but when I get to our computer in a bit, I'll send you the sites I used to lose that weight. All free!

Hi, Toronto166! First of all, congratulations on not gaining a ton of weight over the holidays! Atta Girl!!

Not to be a Debbie-downer, but Hon, I've gone the route of "just watching" whatvI ate, but when I actually took the time to calculate the calories and hidden sugars in those foods, what a rude awakening! Good on you if you can wing-it and lose, I'm jealous, lol...but for most if us, we do have to count something. And really, when you get into the swing of things, it's so easy to plan your meals, which is another guarantee of success...planning. I know...it all sounds boring, huh? But take it from this old lady who's spent years finding "the perfect or easiest" diet (did I mention, laziest?) ... You may need a plan....just sayin'...hope you don't mind...

ANYHOODLES! I'll be back after breakfast to post a free weight-watchers program for anyone who wants it!

Day 6...breakfast will be a chocolate banana almond milk smoothie...I'll either toss in a scoop of protein powder or an egg...holds me for a long time!

Dinner...humph. Hubby couldn't find a fresh cauliflower anywhere for our shepherd's pie, so he'll pick up frozen for it...we actually prefer it to potatoes now!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Here is your FREE Weight Watcher's program!!!

1. Calculate how many POINTS you can gobble up in a day: http://gnomes22.tripod.com/dailypptarget.html

You also have 42 extra Flex Points every week. I rarely used them unless I wanted a glass of wine or three on the weekend during NFL games.
    Truth be told, I usually ate below my daily allotment; as you lose, you feel full more quickly, so you won't need all those points. It's a LOT of food if you plan it well.

2. To determine how many points are contained in ANY labeled food, just use this calculator:
    http://www.calculatorcat.com/free_ca...lculator.phtml

It's a bit of a pain at first, but I found that I kept returning to similar foods, so it wasn't a problem.
    I also used a Sharpie and put the number of points per serving on boxes of cereals, or jars of peanut butter, jam, etc, anything that I used often. Saved me from looking things up whenever I wanted to have it.

FRUITS ARE FREE. Okay, yes, it's on program, but really....be careful here. Fruits are high in sugar! I do eat a couple of fruits most days, but I still use a fresh apple (for my apple pie!), and canned-in-water fruits, since they're easier to keep around. I count 1/2c as my fruit portion and I limit myself to two a day, no more. Or if I have a bunch of gorgeous green grapes in a bowl, I'll 'graze' on them all day, picking one off each time I walk by, lol...but they're still far too tempting to gobble up!

3. Points in foods chart: http://www.meganandjack.com/ww_points.htm

Oh, this saves a ton of work!!
    There are other food charts on the net, but I found this one to be quite comprehensive. If you're looking for an individual food that's not on there, just google "weight watchers points for x"...it'll come up.

Well, that's about it, folks!!
    That's how I lost my weight before my fall and subsequent re-gaining half of what I lost when I was confined to bed and physio therapy for a year.

Stick with the program and I GUARANTEE you WILL LOSE THAT WEIGHT!!!

Really! I PROMISE!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jan 6th, 2016 at 10:15 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Weight Watchers recipes with POINTS!

http://www.laaloosh.com

http://www.skinnytaste.com

ANY recipe you already use...just calculate the points in each ingredient, add them up, and write it down in a notebook so that you'll know next time!

Now...regarding recipes...I'm not one to go out and buy exotic ingredients and make up foods that we wouldn't normally eat.
    What I did was use my tried and true recipes and modify them to meet my daily points quota.

For burgers, I didn't add breadcrumbs, etc.
    I cut out all pasta!! I know that 1 cup is x number of points, but I know me, and I just can't cook up a 'little' and stick with it. I know I'd cheat, so why sabotage my efforts? I wanted this to be easy!

Salsa became my friend. I'd use it to poach eggs, spiralized or thinly sliced zucchini, I'd use it over meatloaf, etc. Love that stuff.

Substitute high fat for low or no fat: when cooking, you won't notice the difference between high fat sour cream or cottage cheese and the makin' ya fat kind. Grating skim milk cheese over your poached eggs on toast doesn't make much difference except to your waist. Just calculate!

The one thing (okay, maybe two or three) things that I buy that I really need are the BodyWise or WW breads, English muffins, tortilla wraps (small). I love sandwiches. So when I want one, I'd use diet bread and load it up with whatever I'm having and I don't miss those thick slices of bread at all!
    Yay! Tuna sandwiches again!!

Well, hope this helps someone!!!

Good eatin' everyone!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I love this man; I wish I had known him.....I have a book of his quotes and whenever I pick it up, I feel strengthened...

Last edited by Lynn49; Wed, Jan 6th, 2016 at 10:36 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

KNOW that you will succeed; see yourself as you'd like to be...and for me...in the clothes I'd love to wear.
    Thoughts ARE things.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Just out of curiosity I calculated how many daily points I would have on WW. I'd have 60 points daily if I was following that program, because I am exclusively breastfeeding the twins.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

For those trying to follow WW without joining just be careful as the plan has just changed so lots of the sites have the old points plus not the smartpoint so you need to track with just one type of point as the difference can be significant. Skinnytaste is switching over but still most are the old points & I think she has both listed on the ones that are calculated in smart points. There is no longer 42 weekly “bonus” points. The extra is determined by what you weigh and could be as low as 21 weekly.
    The new plan is really much more like a diet as high sugar &high saturated fat foods are very high in points.
    Angela: On the old plan you received 10 extra per day for being a BF mom, not sure what it is now. .
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information