User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Beware of Scam..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please read this.. and Pass it on to your Family & Friends..

THIS IS A "HEADS UP" FOR EVERYONE...IF YOU USE CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS PLEASE READ THIS...IT WAS FORWARDED TO ME BY A FRIEND AND I AM SHARING IT AS WELL.....THIS SCAM CAN BE DONE ANYWHERE, AT ANY RETAIL OR WHOLESALE LOCATION!!!

It happened at a Wal-Mart Supercenter a month ago.

I bought a bunch of stuff, over $150, & I glanced at my receipt as the cashier was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of $40. I told her I didn't request a cash back & to delete it.
    She said I'd have to take the $40 because she couldn't delete it. I told her to call a supervisor.

Supervisor came & said I'd have to take it! I said NO! Taking the $40 would be a cash advance against my Discover & I wasn't paying interest on the cash advance!!!!! If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the whole order.
    So the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole order & rescan everything!

The second time I looked at the electronic tab before I signed & a cash-back of $20 popped up. At that point I told the cashier & she deleted it.

The total came out right. the cashier agreed that the electronic pad must be defective. (yeah, right!)

Obviously the cashier knew the electronic pad wasn't defective because she NEVER offered me the $40 at the beginning.
    Can you imagine how many people went through before me & at the end of her shift how much money she pocketed?

Just to alert everyone. My coworker went to Milford , DE Wal-Mart last week. She had her items rung up by the cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt.

She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her.
    My coworker didn't look at her receipt until later that night. The receipt showed that she asked for $20 cash back. SHE DID NOT ASK FOR CASH BACK!

My coworker called Wal-Mart who investigated but could not see the cashier pocket the money. She then called her niece who works for the bank and her niece told her This is a new scam. The cashier will key in that you asked for cash back and then hand it to her friend who is the next person in line.

Please, please, please check your receipts right away when using credit or debit cards!

This is NOT limited to Wal-Mart, although they are the largest retailer so they have the most incidents.

I am adding to this.... My husband and I were in Wal-Mart North Salisbury and paying with a credit card. When my husband went to sign the credit card signer, he just happened to notice there was a $20 cash back added. He told the cashier that he did not ask nor want cash back and she said this machine has been messing up and she canceled it.
    We didn't think anything of it until we read this email.

I wonder how many "seniors" have been, or will be, "stung" by this one????

BEFORE LEAVING THE CASHIER'S STATION!!!!!
    CHECK YOUR RECEIPT
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow interesting. don't you have to sign for cash back though?
    22hicks, macw1960 and JDI007 like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    wow interesting. don't you have to sign for cash back though?
    Yes you have to sign..at least every-time I have got cash back from Wal*Mart I'vve signed the receipt
    22hicks, macw1960 and JDI007 like this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Glad I always check my receipt before I leave the store.
    22hicks, Angela273 and Shwa Girl like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There been the odd time I have not signed, not in a Walmart.. I'd still be aware.. How many of us don't even look at our receipts.. But thanks for the up date
    Darth Penguin.. Muchly appreciated..

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

​That's really good to know. Thank you.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

thanks for posting this NEVER LOOK AT MY RECEIPT THE SAME TIME I ALWAYS WAIT UNTIL I GET HOME
    22hicks and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    thanks for posting this NEVER LOOK AT MY RECEIPT THE SAME TIME I ALWAYS WAIT UNTIL I GET HOME
    @flemeth , checking the receipt before leaving the store can show where they made price errors. You may be able to get a SCOP or the item for free!

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Don't you have to insert the card into the machine and then it asks you ON the terminal whether if you want cash back or not?

Like..do people mindlessly tap or insert their card with out checking out the total first..?

I'm sorry for my tone, but I'm still floored these things are still floating around the webs

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

This has been going on for ages!

The “Wal-Mart cash back scam” is back. Claiming that cashiers are secretly charging cash back amounts to customers’ receipts, the scam purports that the cashier is pocketing the customer’s money without the customer’s knowledge. This viral claim has received half a million shares and typically features a picture of the supposed victim’s receipt.
    If you see this receipt circulating, don’t be fooled. It’s a scam. It is impossible for cashiers to initiate a cash-back transaction without the knowledge and involvement of the customer. “Our cashiers have no method of initiating cash back from their register terminal,” Wal-Mart spokeswoman Kayla Whaling said in an e-mail. “The customer is the only one who can prompt the cashier to give cash back.”
    - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/blog/2013/11/wal-....dmhmrtoR.dpuf
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

lol want to make a bet how many people actually read your post(s)before commenting @Arvilish @Darth Penguin?
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    lol want to make a bet how many people actually read your post(s)before commenting @Arvilish @Darth Penguin?
    Nope...

Name:  xlarge_upload.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  23.6 KB

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for the info. will be extra diligent in checking all receipts thanks to you redneck charger.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

But there are stores that can do it without youpushing a button on a interac machine..I think it's just good practice to get into.. Most of us do NOT check our receipts..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information