User Tag List

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ok, my children didn't cooperate with the potential nap. I just stuck 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts in the oven to bake. Dh rarely cares what we eat for supper, or contributes suggestions, so it was interesting that he suggested the deluxe salad option for tonight. That's what two of the chicken breasts will be used for. I will probably use the other one in my lunch sandwich on the weekend since dh probably won't be home at that time.
    TaraF, Lynn49, SassyAshley and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    Well, tonight is the "big date"!! We're just going to a local golf course for supper and they do have some healthy options on the menu... I hope he orders chicken wings so I can nab a few
    SHEETS, NOOooooo!!! They're about 7 points EACH!!! 3 would almost be your TOTAL for the day!!!!
    SassyAshley and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Ok, my children didn't cooperate with the potential nap. I just stuck 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts in the oven to bake. Dh rarely cares what we eat for supper, or contributes suggestions, so it was interesting that he suggested the deluxe salad option for tonight. That's what two of the chicken breasts will be used for. I will probably use the other one in my lunch sandwich on the weekend since dh probably won't be home at that time.
    Angela, you're going to love yourself in the morning!!!

If you or anyone cheats, and believe me, I have!, you just feel like crap in the morning, cheated again, start over, a waste of the good work that you've done...it's just not worth it.

I really work hard at counting my points, every single ingredient that goes into whatever I make (for instance, my quiche) and cheating would be like saying to myself, "So what?! Big deal, who cares?!" and I do care! If I want something like a glass of wine, I'll have it, and still count those points into my weekly allowance, so it's not really cheating, it's planning.

Stick to it, everyone...it's SO worth it!!

Now....when you lose your first 10 lbs...how are you going to reward yourself? I've always bought a new lipstick or nailpolish; nothing big, just a better brand, a little splurge. It's truly motivating!

So what's your reward going to be?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Perhaps my reward in 2 more pounds: a new SUMMERY lipstick!

Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jan 8th, 2016 at 07:26 PM.
    SassyAshley and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Bubblegummy nail polish for the summer??

harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Now....when you lose your first 10 lbs...how are you going to reward yourself? I've always bought a new lipstick or nailpolish; nothing big, just a better brand, a little splurge. It's truly motivating!

So what's your reward going to be?
    If I were to go by BMI guidelines the top of my "healthy" BMI weight I only need to lose 15lbs. I'm 5' 10" tall. I don't have a particular weight goal in mind, mostly just aiming to be healthier. My bigger goal is a smaller waist measurement, even though I already have to wear a belt with my pants...I guess I'd have to find new jeans.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Bubblegummy nail polish for the summer??

LOVE! Forget summer, I'd do it now

Well another day down with healthy choices. I'm not doing a specific "diet" but rather making small changes that I know I can keep and increase in the long run. I figure this didn't just come overnight so it's not going to go away overnight

Today I walked to meet hubby for lunch. Turkey sandwhich on WW bread and mustard and LOTS of iceberg lettuce and water. I also walked to pick up some chicken for tonight's dinner. In all I walked 4 miles. I took our pup with me and got to put him in his stroller so I can good resistance

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

When I lose 10 lbs my treat is going to be dying my hair. It's not exactly a treat bc I'm due for a root coverup anyway but I'm working my way up to bigger rewards every 10 lbs lol. Nice to have a special reward to work for every ten lbs and it makes the thought of losing 60-80 lbs less daunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    LOVE! Forget summer, I'd do it now

Well another day down with healthy choices. I'm not doing a specific "diet" but rather making small changes that I know I can keep and increase in the long run. I figure this didn't just come overnight so it's not going to go away overnight

Today I walked to meet hubby for lunch. Turkey sandwhich on WW bread and mustard and LOTS of iceberg lettuce and water. I also walked to pick up some chicken for tonight's dinner. In all I walked 4 miles. I took our pup with me and got to put him in his stroller so I can good resistance
    What a great day you gave yourself! That's one of my favourite sandwiches, add a slice of tomato to bulk it up for my points, lol, and I'll join you next time! I've even done diet ham, lots of mustard rolled in a bug crunchy lettuce leaf. Our DD says mustard is her best friend on her diet and it's very likely mine, too.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Congrats to everyone doing so well! I was naughty. *bad Tara* combination of stress eating and getting the crap from Christmas out of the house. I had the choice to either throw out the chocolate or eat it. And my husband said "well I bought you that for Christmas" lol So I felt bad and ate it. Which made me feel bad. Grrrr. Anyways. The chocolate is totally out of the house and I'm now only down 1 lb this year. Better than nothing.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    Congrats to everyone doing so well! I was naughty. *bad Tara* combination of stress eating and getting the crap from Christmas out of the house. I had the choice to either throw out the chocolate or eat it. And my husband said "well I bought you that for Christmas" lol So I felt bad and ate it. Which made me feel bad. Grrrr. Anyways. The chocolate is totally out of the house and I'm now only down 1 lb this year. Better than nothing.
    Ugh...guilt eating! Lol. You just confirmed the point that I made a few posts back: cheating does not make us feel good! It ends up making us feel like the crap we cheated with!

You're not *bad Tara*, you were being considerate to your Hubby. I understand why you felt compelled to eat that chocolate, but that's done and now you can move on to success!

I heard something on tv the other day: only the first couple of bites of that unhealthy crap tastes good; after that, it's just shoving it into your mouth unconciously. Could be true.....

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

TaraF, you're not bad..... You're human. Plus isn't chocolate good for your health?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I am feeling so naughty right now. I want to share that I made lasagna yesterday. Heheheheee.
    don't kill me Lynn.. lol. I am sorry. I was feeling very naughty and wanted to spoil some fun going on here. Lol. I am feeling so be***d*** right now. Lol
    lol!! hi @amira84 I also made lasagna, but mine only costs me 8 WW Smart points points a serving....hee hee. I go heavy on the cooked and drained x-tra lean ground beef and very light on the noodles and mozz cheese. Filling the space with veggies and spices.

Today is WW weigh in day for me. My first full week!
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Good morning! I'll admit... I had two chicken wings last night lol. But my meal was sensible so I was pretty proud of myself This morning I'll stick with a boiled egg and toast

As for my reward for losing weight, I think I'll treat myself to a massage!! After I reach the 10 pound mark, maybe. I get things like manicures, pedicures, hair color, etc. on a regular basis so I need something a little more... extravagant!

Oh, and if anyone is wondering... the date went well
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning y'all

Another great day ahead with good choices for me. Just about to head out for a early morning walk with hubby and pup (7am here).

Not that hat it's a huge deal but for me it is. Once again last night I chose NOT to snack after dinner and between bedtime while watching tv like I have in the past.

Small changes make big differences <3

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information