• 1 Post By Buddyboy546
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By bargain_hunter_lola
  • 2 Post By Buddyboy546
  • 2 Post By Buddyboy546

Thread: Bloomex Unbelievably Bad

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bloomex is a florist company which delivers flowers, I believe, worldwide. I had never heard of them before now. My wife and I live in Nova Scotia while our daughter-in-law lives in Ontario. She paid Bloomex to deliver flowers for my wife's birthday a few days ago. On the day before her birthday a delivery man arrived with a large cardboard box with the logo Bloomex on the outside. We signed for it and, on opening, we found a large cellophane wrapped gift basket full of biscuits, candies, assorted teas and other such articles. A note indicated it was from our daughter-in-law wishing my wife a happy birthday. She was delighted to have been remembered in such a meaningful way but disappointed because she was a non-tea drinking diabetic. Almost nothing within the gift basket was of use to her.

My wife thanked her daughter-in-law for her kind thoughts but then they both discovered that flowers had been ordered and paid for, not a gift basket. Our daughter-in-law then contacted Bloomex and complained about the wrong delivery. Here is her emailed account of their response.

"I called Bloomex and they said the florist ran out of flowers so sent a gift basket and teddy bear I asked them how a florist

runs out of flowers and that you were diabetic, they wouldn't compensate me, lesson learned I told them I'm taking my business elsewhere, they don't seem to care, so much for

customer service nowadays!"

Now you can see why I labelled this company as unbelievably bad. Hopefully many can learn from this experience. I certainly have. Unbelievable!
    This thread is currently associated with: Bloomex.ca
    fhxli2 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm sure if your DIL complains further up the chain, she would get a better explanation and some sort of compensation.
    Tweets77 likes this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I would contact them again.

I have ordered from them and have had unbelievably great service. The last time I ordered flowers to be delivered to a hospital but the person was released early (a few hours before I had arranged for delivery). I had no idea they were released early. Bloomex attempted delivery then called me when they found out the recipient was already released. They then allowed me to give a new address (one that was outside their delivery area) and offered to deliver the next day. They even upgraded the flower arrangement and added some chocolate for the inconvenience (which really wasn't their fault at all, I was just happy they were willing to deliver a second time especially since it was out of the area). I also received a coupon for my next offer.

I'd definitely contact them again and explain that you want flowers. Perhaps they can deliver at a later date (if the flower store they are associated with is having issues). I'm sure something could be worked out....

Good luck! And happy birthday to your DW.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the responses. My DIL says she will call them again. I will post the result when I hear. I agree that a more positive response is expected from someone else. If this were their standard practise they would be out of business. If I were the owner I would track down whomever gave that answer and deal with them.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Sorry about the terrible service, You just cannot assume that someone will find certain items useful. The least they could have done was contact your DIL to get her approval on a substitute delivery.

Congrats on having such a nice DIL, and congrats to you and your wife for being people that she obviously considers deserving of such a nice gesture
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bloomex is known for being horrible at customer service- a quick online search says it all- I'm sorry your daughter il had dealings with them. Been there , done that with a bad florist. Maybe a complaint with the credit card company about this would help?
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I sent an email to Bloomex head office the middle of last week, about five days ago. I linked them to this discussion as all the facts are contained here. I told them I would wait a few days for them to contact me so I could give them contact detals for my DIL. Hopefully then I would be able to post that they had stepped in and made things right. Alternatively, I told them, no response would confirm that this is the level of service that they are content with. I have had absolutely no response from them. It is notable that finding their email address took a lot of on-line searching. A contact email is not offered in their web site indicating they really do not want to hear from customers.

All in all I am now satisfied that Bloomex is one company I will avoid like the plague. It's amazing that they are still in business with this kind of experience out there and unanswered.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes ..never been a fan...bloomex sucks!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did some research on sending flower, some how end up on this forum thread. Bloomex just take the online order and gave it to local florist to fulfill. However, local florist wouldn't treat it as their own order because the customer assume is Bloomex product. So the local florist probably do a half job and give bad flowers as substitute.

My suggestion is buy directly from local florist, it's much cheaper and you will get a better quality flowers. For Toronto region. check out https://www.ejoycity.ca , they list some good local florist online and you can buy directly from them. Here is the store list: Flower Delivery in Toronto

Or you can Google Florist around the delivery area and buy directly. Do not go through FTD, TeleFlora, Bloomex or online flower website essentially you pay double the price and still is the local florist who takes the order.

Thread Information