User Tag List

Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

My main reason for trying to eat better is my gout and lack of energy. I'll keep trying and see what happens.
    TaraF, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    My main reason for trying to eat better is my gout and lack of energy. I'll keep trying and see what happens.
    Cabbie!!! So happy you're joining us! We can use a man around the place...you know...to open jars of diet jam and stuff...

As for those {{{gulp}}} French toasts, um, in a word: no.
    I've been on this Weight Watchers diet....don't be Rollin' those eyes at me!!....even football players have been on it! ...anyway, I've lost 16 lbs since a studder-start Jan 1st and I can tell you, what a difference to my joints and knees, esp that broken leg! We bring this on ourselves and yes, changing to eating healthier isn't easy. Big business makes it easy for them to keep us fat and complacent, but shoving garbage into ourselves, which is what I used to do ... Well, you know the expression: garbage in, garbage out. We look like the foods we've been eating. One other note: I'm still not walking properly since my fall 2 (2!) years ago, so my exercise consists of walking around in the house, so exercise has been vastly over-rated to "lose" weight, but to tone up, it's very useful. It's just that I can't and didn't for my 50 lb loss just before I fell. Grr.

So, WELCOME! Choose a plan and stuck with it! You'll feel so much better!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Feb 6th, 2016 at 11:37 AM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Good Evening All!! I stayed the same this week after a meh week of dieting, I had a tough time meal planning a couple of days. In a bit of a cooking rut I guess!!! Congrats on everyone's accomplishments this week. I will be going strong next week as I am doing my twice a month freezer cooking with my daughters so healthy food will be easy to access!!
    Thriftygranny, staying the same, you're still ahead of the game!! Cooking ruts happen and yep, absolutely annoying. Hubby and I sometimes go through that and then I check back on my..ahem..earlier diet notes and find some recipes that we enjoyed together but forgot about. However, we still have our favourites in our rotation..don't know how I'd diet without my meatloaf!
    And cooking with your Daughters...what a blessing that is!!

Stay the course, my Frieind...it really is all in the planning, isn't it?
    Have a lovely weekend!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Totally forgot to hit this thread earlier today when I was on for a quick bit. I lost 3 lbs for the week making my grand total 20 lbs since Jan 1st!!
    Very motivating for me to see the lbs drop 3-4 each week, just insane!
    Plus as @Lynn49 said with NO exercise! I was pretty much laid up with back and leg pain, so I did nada!
    I am however starting to swim lanes at my local Community Centre, so I am hoping that gives me energy!!

I only have ever lost 2 lbs a week in the past and after the very first week I totally expected it to level out some, but I'll take this 3 lb loss with a big smile!!
    Hi @cabmonk ! so nice to see you in here!!
    Angela273, Lynn49, cabmonk and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thanks I'll try my best. I don't have any Major plans but I do want to lose 40lbs..

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Been awhile since I updated but here we go! I am officially down 25 lbs since I started my nutrition program! Gained a few in December but lost it all and then some over the month of January.

What's most amazing is how much energy I have lately, I'm blown away by it! I used to always feel so lazy and tired and lately I've been dancing around the house cleaning, playing more with my kids and getting out of the house more. Loving that I can still eat what I like and manage to lose weight and feel amazing at the same time. Here's hoping February brings the same results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I don't even have a scale so will be a couple weeks before I can weigh myself. I usually weigh myself at Walmart lol.

Lynn I have nothing against weight watchers I lost 40lbs with them in my teens. I guess I screwed that up huh.
    Angela273, Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not all of us use scales, I personally am against them, I judge all of my weight lose by clothing size. I know me and I become very obsessive and it takes me to bad places so instead I just try to live my life and make the best decisions I can.

With that being said this weekend was bad, not that I ate bad things more than I just did not eat. I keep losing track of time and getting side tracked and before I knew it I barely ate all weekend. But it is a new week and back to work and we will see how this goes. I am off to another location tomorrow to train a new staff member and this tends to get me in trouble as I get side tracked and forget to eat so I have to be more aware and remember to eat.

Today's breakfast is my own little I guess we will call a smoothie. I ground up some almonds added an apple, yogurt and some honey (this yogurt is extremely tart) blended and this will be breakfast. I used my homemade yogurt which is quite thin so no need to add liquid.
    Angela273, Lynn49, cabmonk and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

According to the scale this morning, I'm down another 1.2 lbs for a total of 2.6lbs since I started tracking January 18th. I'm trying to weight myself Monday mornings when I first get up and ignore the scale the rest of the week.

The meal-plan that I was "trying" to stick to, just wasn't working for me. So for now, I'm focusing on keeping to the lean proteins and trying to work in those veggies.

I also treated myself to a pair of yoga capri pants, so that I have something "sporty" to wear. Previously I've been showing up the gym/yoga/dance class in my (clean) PJ pants, so its nice to have something a little more workout-ish to wear
    Last edited by beckie.c; Mon, Feb 8th, 2016 at 02:23 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    I don't even have a scale so will be a couple weeks before I can weigh myself. I usually weigh myself at Walmart lol.

Lynn I have nothing against weight watchers I lost 40lbs with them in my teens. I guess I screwed that up huh.
    Oh, lol...good for you on losing those 40lbs! Honey, I've lost and gained so many pounds over the years, I'd hate to even guess at that number! But at my age now, it's increasingly important not to carry as much weight on these old bones, plus the fact that I'm 'on the list' for a knee replacement of my damaged knee. Healthwise it's important, too: I want to see our Grandson graduate high school. University? Why not?!

You're probably well-versed in WW protocols, and there are tons of recipe sites with points; they've changed, but if you stick to one set, you'll be fine.

We're in your corner...on the wagon!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    According to the scale this morning, I'm down another 1.2 lbs for a total of 2.6lbs since I started tracking January 18th. I'm trying to weight myself Monday mornings when I first get up and ignore the scale the rest of the week.

The meal-plan that I was "trying" to stick to, just wasn't working for me. So for now, I'm focusing on keeping to the lean proteins and trying to work in those veggies.

I also treated myself to a pair of yoga capri pants, so that I have something "sporty" to wear. Previously I've been showing up the gym/yoga/dance class in my (clean) PJ pants, so its nice to have something a little more workout-ish to wear
    Oh, my goodness!!! YES by all means, dump those jammy bottoms!!
    You're probably going to just feel more like an athlete in those capris!!!
    Keep up the great work, Hon!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I'm 3 days post op today and doing pretty good.

Im not as strict with my eating as I was befor surgery but I also don't eat a lot of food. I'm not going to stress about it. I'm walking again although not the 5+Kim's I did pre op. Actually I was walking the next day and have been doing it several times a day. It helps keep "things" moving in the right direction.

One plus is my water intake is up which I struggled with before surgery. I can't wait to be back 100% to normal. I won't weight myself until my post op visit in about 2 weeks but I'm curious to see what the scale says although I tend to rely more on how clothes fit, etc.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post

Im not as strict with my eating as I was befor surgery but I also don't eat a lot of food. I'm not going to stress about it. I'm walking again although not the 5+Kim's I did pre op. Actually I was walking the next day and have been doing it several times a day. It helps keep "things" moving in the right direction.

One plus is my water intake is up which I struggled with before surgery. I can't wait to be back 100% to normal. I won't weight myself until my post op visit in about 2 weeks but I'm curious to see what the scale says although I tend to rely more on how clothes fit, etc.
    Hi, Harbie....your main concern is to get strong again, rest...the other stuff will come later. Nice to see you doing so well!!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Glad to hear are doing well after your surgery!

We had our favorite Greek chicken for supper last night, I thought I would share the recipe since its fairly healthy and from scratch

Greek Chicken:
    1 cup Greek Yogurt (I use the 0%)
    1 tbsp Dried Oregano
    Fresh Parsley
    1 to 2 tbsp Olive Oil
    Juice from one small lemon
    4 Garlic cloves, minced.
    4 Chicken Breasts

Combine everything and let marinate in the fridge for 30-60 mins. Remove from marinate and then bake @ 375 for 45 to 60 minutes. DH likes to add a little bit of Feta to his.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    Glad to hear are doing well after your surgery!

We had our favorite Greek chicken for supper last night, I thought I would share the recipe since its fairly healthy and from scratch

Greek Chicken:
    1 cup Greek Yogurt (I use the 0%)
    1 tbsp Dried Oregano
    Fresh Parsley
    1 to 2 tbsp Olive Oil
    Juice from one small lemon
    4 Garlic cloves, minced.
    4 Chicken Breasts

Combine everything and let marinate in the fridge for 30-60 mins. Remove from marinate and then bake @ 375 for 45 to 60 minutes. DH likes to add a little bit of Feta to his.
    Love it, Beckie! Thank you...and I have everything here, even the feta!!
    This will be tomorrow's dinner!!

Thank you for sharing; we love finding new recipes!!
    I'll post a couple later, busy right now, they're fairly plain because I'm not a terribly adventurous cook WHEN we're eating more healthy...and honestly, you'd think that if anyone had time to do more research for new recipes, it'd be me!! Everyday is Saturday, after-all!!

Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information