Like Tree427Likes

Thread: HORRIBLE! Changes Coming To Snapsaves / Snap by Groupon

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you for the advice!

I did this to my account.

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    Lol they already removed my post and banned me from being able to post again (I can still see their page and all the comments. I cannot post a visitor post or comment on any other post on their page.) . I know they want to keep everyone's personal info without giving anything in return... But they removed my post in less than 5 minutes. What a pathetic scam company they turned into.
    francine1985 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am SO sad, I accumulated over $600 and never had any problems getting my cheques. I would call everytime to confirm that it was being mailed... a few of the customer service reps knew who I was and would send me a personal confirmation email even before I called. I have a friend who says she redeemed over $2000!!!! She must of been right on the offers as soon as they came out!

I get that it wasn't for everyone, and people had horrible CS experiences... but I really did enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstaffer View Post
    I dont get why people are so sad....there were hardly any good deals to be found on snap. At the beginning they used to have ok offers but they sold out faster than you could get to the store.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I decided I was so fed up with the bs I wasn't even going to try to get my 16$. I changed all my info on my account. I changed the email address on my account... And I forgot to mention it in my other posts but... Make sure you delete snap through the apps on your Facebook account as well.
    sweetmomma, salady and peachy1 like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@francine1985 I love that idea. Will be doing the same myself.
    francine1985 and sweetmomma like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi everyone,

I feel everyone's pain who has even a tiniest amount in their snap account. But why are you cancelling your account before your $$$ are changed into groupon $$$. I believe groupon offers "$10 starbucks gift certificate for only $5" during summer. So if your $$$ are converted into groupon balance, you may be able to get atleast that starbucks deal this summer.
    But I may be wrong. It didn't read all the fine details of snap->groupon conversion. It's just an idea to ease your pain.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Lol they already removed my post and banned me from being able to post again (I can still see their page and all the comments. I cannot post a visitor post or comment on any other post on their page.) . I know they want to keep everyone's personal info without giving anything in return... But they removed my post in less than 5 minutes. What a pathetic scam company they turned into.
    Turned into? Lol oh no, they started off as one and only got worse!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    francine1985, walkonby and amira84 like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blackstaffer View Post
    I dont get why people are so sad....there were hardly any good deals to be found on snap. At the beginning they used to have ok offers but they sold out faster than you could get to the store.
    I got a small fortune back from this app starting with money maker clearance diapers from target and I'm not even sad lol. The way they have been operating is extremely questionable.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Turned into? Lol oh no, they started off as one and only got worse!

I said turned into because some people actually got money out of the program. I personally was never very happy with them because most of their offers were garbage or sold out too fast. As I posted before I only managed to bank 16$ the whole time I used their program so I was never able to cash anything out. I have heard of many complaints of them stealing money from people who did try to cash out though.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I feel everyone's pain who has even a tiniest amount in their snap account. But why are you cancelling your account before your $$$ are changed into groupon $$$. I believe groupon offers "$10 starbucks gift certificate for only $5" during summer. So if your $$$ are converted into groupon balance, you may be able to get atleast that starbucks deal this summer.
    But I may be wrong. It didn't read all the fine details of snap->groupon conversion. It's just an idea to ease your pain.

I have read many complaints about groupon customer service. People losing out on money because companies went out of business or refused to accept the vouchers. Refusing to issue refunds saying it's not their problem. I also have no offers that are local to me.

I am not going to allow them to use my personal info to create an account to a program I never signed up for. (And who knows what else they would be doing with my info since they think they can sign me up for anothe program, other then what I originally signed up for, unless I "click to opt out" or however they worded it.) I don't trust them with my info anymore and it's not worth letting them keep it just in case they come out with a rare offer I could use before my credit expires.

but this is just my personal opinion and reason for opting out. If others are happy (or just accepting) of the change and decide to use their credit that's great for them. Hopefully they actually live in an area that does actually get offers. (My closest location is in Halifax NS. I live in New Brunswick so definitely not worth anything for me.)
    walkonby and peachy1 like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I have heard of many complaints of them stealing money from people who did try to cash out though.
    I just remembered....wasn't there a smartcanucker here who was owed a lot of money, like $80ish I think, and Groupon "donated" her money to charity without her permission? Can't remember the SCers name but wow. i would not put it past Groupon to do something like that.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The Groupon money expires in March, I believe. Won't make it to summer
    Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Hi everyone,

francine1985 likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I decided I was so fed up with the bs I wasn't even going to try to get my 16$. I changed all my info on my account. I changed the email address on my account... And I forgot to mention it in my other posts but... Make sure you delete snap through the apps on your Facebook account as well.
    Good for you for remembering to delete the FB stuff too. It's good to keep FB and other accounts separate. If you (the general you, not YOU in particular lol) log in through FB, you are giving your information and sometimes even your friends information to the company. Then stuff like this happens and they have everyone's info. I always log in through email. Sure its easier to log in through FB, but in my opinion, its none of a company's business what I do on FB
    francine1985 and JasmineTea like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    The Groupon money expires in March, I believe. Won't make it to summer
    It starts in March. Expires Sept 1, 2016. So if there is a good summer deal you can use them.
    I have Purex bathroom tissue on mine and it is on sale for $4.99 at Save on Foods this week so I am buying 4 packs to tip me over the $20 mark then cashing out then deleting once I get my cheque.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupontime View Post
    I must say I have been lucky, I got annoyed getting emails telling me to cash out... I finally gave in right before they change the rules. I cashed out on Jan 29 and they say my cheque is on its way Feb 12. I can see people are going to expect further delays with the changes.

I don't use the app often but given that I got a $70 cheque and saving $126 lifetime with the app, I can't complain much.
    I cashed out about the same time - cheque showed up today.
    JasmineTea likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm starting to feel like getting my rebate back is turning into a Murphy's law of issues. Decided the only way I'm going to attempt to get to the $20 clip level (I'm at $16.50) is if I find a good deal on Scotties 6pk. For the life of me could not print any coupons off my laptop so luckily found 1 lone $1 off and found out that Foodland has Scotties 6pk on for $4.44. Off I go and grab 3. Head to the express checkout where I got questioned "where did you get the coupon? I got it from the internet. Ok but the mgr needs to approve." I felt so bad for all the people behind me who actually were very nice but it literally felt like 5 minutes later the cashier comes back and says all is ok, you can use it. Tells me there was some story in the news about coupon scammers and some lady in their store yesterday trying to get items for free ()

So I'm thinking I'm getting this receipt loaded into SNAP asap so I can get it approved and get my cheque. I go to load the receipt and go figure, all it says is facial tissue, no reference to Scotties. Suspecting this isn't going to be approved anytime quickly :-( Anyone ever had any experience with SNAP and non product detailed receipts?

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information