User Tag List

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    -2.4 again!!!

harbie, Angela273 and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    Thank you, Sweetie...from one x-high-school-cheerleader to you!!
    harbie, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

fabulous weigh in Lynn!! Just crazy how eating more ( or at the very least ALL the points we have allotted ) can have weight loss results, our brains tell us to starve ourselves, but that backfires. Never ever thought I would take on working out at this weight, but in the pool I am as light as a feather!! Good luck to you beckie for next week, and welcome back " pancake Curt! ", nice to see you here once again.
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yahoo! better than I had hoped for!!

A very good loss for me this week. good luck everyone!!

harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@beckie.c I know it's discouraging with the gain but try not to dwell on it. It's only going to mess with you mentally and hinder your process. Get back on that horse and keep going.

Congrats @Lynn49 and @walkonby on your respective losses!!!! Yay! That's so exciting and encouraging for everyone!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

CONGRATULATIONS, Walkonby!!!!

In 2 weeks we've both lost about 5 lbs (you for sure, me at 4.8)!!!! One less brick!!!

harbie, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Physically I'm feeling a huge improvement in the healing process
    Yesterday I was able to shower alone (DH has been helping me grab the heavy soap and shampoo bottles, etc) so I'm excited for that improvement; ) . I went out to get a dress so I could go to my religious services that didn't put pressure on the incisions. I have lots of dresses and skirts but nothing loose enough for comfort so off shopping it was. I found a super cute black and white maxi dress reg $69 on sale for $20 and the best part is that I actually needed the small size of the two!!! Only the large not XL. Yay! Not to mention it fell SO much better than the last time I tride a maxi dress on. I guess 13lbs does make a significant difference

Now for the not so good news. I got a call yesterday from my dr/surgeon with my pathology report results. In a nutshell they found a small "spot" that is cancer. I'm still shelshocked and my heads spinning. I can't even wrap my head around the word! There is no sign that it spread. It apparently didn't grow through to the muscle or even through the endometrial lining so that is fantastic but she's going to speak with an oncologist just to make sure. They will also discuss whether or not they have to go back in and remove the remaining ovary depending on the risk
    I'm hoping and losing with all my might that they don't have to do that.

Anyways that's my update for now. You know what they say? , "onwards and upwards: and "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger". Time to keep moving on and trying to stay posture.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Harbie, first of all congratulations on feeling so much better! 13 lbs, is an amazing loss...almost 3 bricks you don't have to carry around anymore!!

As for your not so good news, I bet it was a shock to hear that! But you have a positive attitude, and a faith that's so important to you. You know you're not alone. A small spot can be very effectively dealt with, and that's what I'm praying for, for you. I'm sorry you had to receive that news, but I'm also pretty darn sure you'll get through this and leave it all behind you. Keeping you in my prayers....
    harbie, Angela273, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So big thank you to my aunt for all her help. I actually have groceries now which will get me through till my first pay. Got chicken, fish, potatoes, oranges, lemons, coleslaw, potato salad, juice, cereal, milk, some bread, burgers, few more things. Also pop and chips which isn't great I know. She insisted lol. I tried to get only good things. But I'm very grateful because she bought me about $150 worth of groceries.
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    So big thank you to my aunt for all her help. I actually have groceries now which will get me through till my first pay. Got chicken, fish, potatoes, oranges, lemons, coleslaw, potato salad, juice, cereal, milk, some bread, burgers, few more things. Also pop and chips which isn't great I know. She insisted lol. I tried to get only good things. But I'm very grateful because she bought me about $150 worth of groceries.
    Aw, she loves spoiling you.. Really happy for you, Cabmonk! You've got your chips and pop, and I'm planning on having wine tonight...I think that makes us even. Bad, but even.
    harbie, Angela273, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Lol yeah. I grabbed a 6 pack of pop and she's like well you might as well take 2. have a good evening.
    harbie, Angela273, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

If you have time, here's a site with lots of information re foods, and more regarding healthy eating...put a pot of coffee on and enjoy!
    I'm sure happy I never got on the "margarine" or "diet butter" train and continue to eat full fat, yummy butter instead..)

http://www.zoeharcombe.com/media/

Here's an excerpt from one of the topics that I firmly agree with, and if anyone says, "conspiracy theory", they'll get a boot in the butt from me!
    If anyone doesn't think that big business's big business is keeping us unhealthy while filling their pockets full of money and that governments aren't partners in their efforts, they're just absolutely wrong.
    Although this is from a UK website, it does refer to the US and, as things go, to Canada, too.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-epidemic.aspx

One thing standing in the way of proper nutrition guidance from the government is conflicts of interest. As Zoe explains:
    "The UK has something that it calls the Responsibility Deal. We call it the Irresponsibility Deal. It's actually the stated intent of the government to work with the fake food industry, to try to do something about obesity. There's a professor in the UK who said, "You may as well put Dracula in charge of the blood bank." It really is as crazy as that. I have a little chart [showing] these conflicts of interest. Those are the organizations behind public health dietary advice."
    We don't really have a government of the people anymore. We have the government for the corporations now, and small groups of special interests are benefitting quite dramatically at the expense of the vast majority of the public.
    "It was interesting to see Michelle Obama when Barack Obama came into power, and she wanted to do something about obesity. The early message was very much about eating the right things and moving away from all this junk. That changed so quickly. It was almost like she got a phone call from someone saying, 'Hey, remember who funded your husband getting into the campaign.'
    Suddenly, it became 'Let's move.' Moving is a good thing to do, but you can't outrun a bad diet. If the American children are still having the burgers, the chips, the milkshakes, and the ice cream, there's no amount of exercise that they can do that's actually going to prevent obesity given a bad diet.
    The conflicts are just endemic, they're absolutely everywhere. Therefore individuals are just going to have to do this for themselves. Every one of us can bankrupt the fake food industry and put the drug companies out of business by taking charge of our own health, and say, 'We're just not having that junk.' Then, we won't need the drugs and none of our hard-earned money is going to go to Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Hershey bars, or anything else. It's up to us."
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Feb 21st, 2016 at 02:07 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Angela273 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    If you have time, here's a site with lots of information re foods, and more regarding healthy eating...put a pot of coffee on and enjoy!
    I'm sure happy I never got on the "margarine" or "diet butter" train and continue to eat full fat, yummy butter instead..)

http://www.zoeharcombe.com/media/

Here's an excerpt from one of the topics that I firmly agree with, and if anyone says, "conspiracy theory", they'll get a boot in the butt from me!
    If anyone doesn't think that big business's big business is keeping us unhealthy while filling their pockets full of money and that governments aren't partners in their efforts, they're just absolutely wrong.
    Although this is from a UK website, it does refer to the US and, as things go, to Canada, too.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-epidemic.aspx

One thing standing in the way of proper nutrition guidance from the government is conflicts of interest. As Zoe explains:
    "The UK has something that it calls the Responsibility Deal. We call it the Irresponsibility Deal. It's actually the stated intent of the government to work with the fake food industry, to try to do something about obesity. There's a professor in the UK who said, "You may as well put Dracula in charge of the blood bank." It really is as crazy as that. I have a little chart [showing] these conflicts of interest. Those are the organizations behind public health dietary advice."
    We don't really have a government of the people anymore. We have the government for the corporations now, and small groups of special interests are benefitting quite dramatically at the expense of the vast majority of the public.
    "It was interesting to see Michelle Obama when Barack Obama came into power, and she wanted to do something about obesity. The early message was very much about eating the right things and moving away from all this junk. That changed so quickly. It was almost like she got a phone call from someone saying, 'Hey, remember who funded your husband getting into the campaign.'
    Suddenly, it became 'Let's move.' Moving is a good thing to do, but you can't outrun a bad diet. If the American children are still having the burgers, the chips, the milkshakes, and the ice cream, there's no amount of exercise that they can do that's actually going to prevent obesity given a bad diet.
    The conflicts are just endemic, they're absolutely everywhere. Therefore individuals are just going to have to do this for themselves. Every one of us can bankrupt the fake food industry and put the drug companies out of business by taking charge of our own health, and say, 'We're just not having that junk.' Then, we won't need the drugs and none of our hard-earned money is going to go to Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Hershey bars, or anything else. It's up to us."
    Lynn!1 In that first link you posted about the fats, there was this video too! You know how I have spoken about " evil " sugar and what it does to us eh? If anyone wants to watch this one it is more a recent video too.

Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Excellent video, Walkonby; it made it very easy to understand how sugar has such a negative effect on our bodies. Avon took herself off sugar completely and what a difference it made to her health and her waistline! Not easy to do, I imagine....

However! Every time that woman said the word, "fructose" my ears bled!! Unless she was speaking with a British accent, the word in North America is pronounced, "frooooctose"! Honestly, my heart stopped every time she said it, I could hardly pay attention to WHAT she was saying otherwise!!

As you and I know, using our handy-dandy WW calculators, we become very aware of the sugar content in foods, and in some foods I wouldn't have thought had or needed the addition of sugar! Even the bowl of soup I had for lunch had 2 gm of sugar per cup! (Primo minestrone)

One good thing about this diet, is Hubby is on it with me, and is no longer drinking drain cleaner, aka, Coke! I hope he continues like this: I'd like to keep him around somewhat longer!

Thanks, Walks....great little explanation, even if she cannot properly pronounce fructose.

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information