User Tag List

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree701Likes

Thread: SDM/Beauty Boutique/Murale Cosmetics talk!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by illa View Post
    has there ever been a 20x the points on any clinique product (makeup and skincare)? They have the 20x the points on cleansers/devices right now but I don't need $50 worth of cleanser lol

I believe they do offer 20x on clinique lip stuff. I am not sure about eye make up though.
    dededi, Davetherave and illa like this.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Hi Ladies, any help from anyone would be MUCH appreciated. I am in major need of new makeup. I wear the basics and usually get what's on sale, but I now want some quality. My skin is fairly light with some olive undertones.
    I was going to ask my hubby for a gift card for Sephora for my bday and I went in there the other day to look around. I did not realize how expensive the make up there is. I will have to pass! So I asked for a $100 GC to SDM for new makeup. Here is what I need to buy, can you let me know what you would recommend? I have light blonde hair and brown eyes if that helps.
    1. Everyday cream for my face
    2. Primer. Brightening would be great. Skin seeming to be dull these days.
    3. I NEED AN AMAZING ENDEREYE CONCEALER. My dark circles are very bad. Nothing covers them. Nothing!
    4. Eyeshadow. I like light metallic, something with a bit of sparkle.
    5. Mascara (I bought that maybelline Lacquer one - horrible - I cant get it off!!!)
    6. Foundation. Im really sick of being able to see the lines around my neck with my skin colour and foundation colour. I need to find that perfect shade

I have lots of lipstick. I don't wear blush (maybe I should), eyeliner (I feel like it makes my undereye circles stand out more) or bronzer (no clue how to apply).
    Any advice would help! Or any other recommendations. I hear MAC is a great foundation - anything similar at SDM? My goal is to look polished and bright, without looking like I have a lot on.
    amira84, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by terrarankin View Post
    Hi Ladies, any help from anyone would be MUCH appreciated. I am in major need of new makeup. I wear the basics and usually get what's on sale, but I now want some quality. My skin is fairly light with some olive undertones.
    I was going to ask my hubby for a gift card for Sephora for my bday and I went in there the other day to look around. I did not realize how expensive the make up there is. I will have to pass! So I asked for a $100 GC to SDM for new makeup. Here is what I need to buy, can you let me know what you would recommend? I have light blonde hair and brown eyes if that helps.
    3. I NEED AN AMAZING ENDEREYE CONCEALER. My dark circles are very bad. Nothing covers them. Nothing!
    5. Mascara (I bought that maybelline Lacquer one - horrible - I cant get it off!!!)
    6. Foundation. Im really sick of being able to see the lines around my neck with my skin colour and foundation colour. I need to find that perfect shade

I have lots of lipstick. I don't wear blush (maybe I should), eyeliner (I feel like it makes my undereye circles stand out more) or bronzer (no clue how to apply).
    Any advice would help! Or any other recommendations. I hear MAC is a great foundation - anything similar at SDM? My goal is to look polished and bright, without looking like I have a lot on.

I don't have any recommendations but I know that maybe @adastra can help you.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by terrarankin View Post
    Here is what I need to buy, can you let me know what you would recommend? I have light blonde hair and brown eyes if that helps.
    This depends a lot on your skintype. For all of these, you could go to a Beauty Boutique store on a quiet day and they will try products on you and do a makeover etc
    I find that many of the brightening ones do not prime as well. I prefer to colour correct over a silicone primer. I love Smashbox's Photo Finish but drug store ones would be Maybelline Baby Skin, NYX or elf are good too. If you prefer a cream over silicone type, the pink Revlon one is decent/
    CoverFX with a colour corrector under. Nars and MUFE are both excellent but pricier and not available at SD
    Depends what your local store carries, but Quo has some decent quality palettes at ok prices
    Personally, I love mascara that doesn't budge as my eyes water. Decent but cheap ones include Essence Lash Princess (under $5), Maybelline Great Lash is a best seller,
    For me, foundation depends a lot on shade choice and skin type. My summer foundation doesn't work for me in winter when my skin is more dry and pale. If you go to Sephora, they can tell you a code for your exact skintone. From there, you can find a Sephora foundation and then search for drugstore dupes.
    Get a blending sponge and use it damp, especially around your neck to blend into your natural skintone
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    This depends a lot on your skintype. For all of these, you could go to a Beauty Boutique store on a quiet day and they will try products on you and do a makeover etc
    I find that many of the brightening ones do not prime as well. I prefer to colour correct over a silicone primer. I love Smashbox's Photo Finish but drug store ones would be Maybelline Baby Skin, NYX or elf are good too. If you prefer a cream over silicone type, the pink Revlon one is decent/
    CoverFX with a colour corrector under. Nars and MUFE are both excellent but pricier and not available at SD
    Depends what your local store carries, but Quo has some decent quality palettes at ok prices
    Personally, I love mascara that doesn't budge as my eyes water. Decent but cheap ones include Essence Lash Princess (under $5), Maybelline Great Lash is a best seller,
    For me, foundation depends a lot on shade choice and skin type. My summer foundation doesn't work for me in winter when my skin is more dry and pale. If you go to Sephora, they can tell you a code for your exact skintone. From there, you can find a Sephora foundation and then search for drugstore dupes.
    Get a blending sponge and use it damp, especially around your neck to blend into your natural skintone
    Thank you so much. I feel like I'm lost with this stuff!! Your tips really help. So I will Forsure go to Sephora to get my colour match done. Does SDM carry smash box and the coverfx?
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Try the NYX color corrector kit for under eye circle. Peach is good to cancel out the hyper-pigmentation. Then cover with highlighter.
    terrarankin and dededi like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is all dependant on your skin type and your skin's needs. I generally like La Roche Posay and Avene for active ingredients. If you just want a basic cream I would go for CeraVe. They are recommended by dermatologists and have great science behind them. The "lotion" is better for oily/normal skin and the "cream" is better for dry/dehydrated skin. Don't let a sales person talk you into purchasing an expensive cream without researching it first, beautypedia.com is a good resource.

2. Primer. Brightening
    I haven't found anything in this category that I like.

3. AMAZING ENDEREYE CONCEALER.
    I use NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer but I don't have terrible under eyes. - Not available at SDM

L'oreal Infallible eyeshadows have great pigmentation. They are shimmery and come in several light champagne/brown/gold shades. If you live near a Shoppers that has Urban Decay their original Naked palette would fit the bill.

5. Mascara
    Cheap - L'oreal Voluminous
    Luxe - Benefit - Roller Lash
    Chanel - Le Volume
    Too Faced - Better Than Sex - Not available at SDM

For the high-end ones try to get sample sized tubes. They are half the price and last about the same length before they start to dry out.

6. Foundation.
    If you are having trouble finding your shade L'oreal True Match is a good place to start. They have the range divided into Warm, Neutral, and Cool undertones and then have different shades in each of those ranges. It has a very nice natural finish not too matte not too luminous with a medium coverage. The Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is my everyday foundation but it comes in a very limited shade range. It has a light to medium coverage. If you want something with more coverages Revlon Colour Stay is a good choice. I has more of a matte finish and comes in a formula for oily/normal skin and one for dry skin.
    terrarankin, amira84 and dededi like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  elauderoffer.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  98.2 KB

apparently this doesn't apply to makeup or fragrances
    Last edited by Glendon Preece; Fri, Apr 1st, 2016 at 10:53 PM.
    amira84 and illa like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Keep in mind that the Sephora sale is coming up around the same time as redemption.

• VIB Rouges | April 7th through April 13th — 15% off with code ROUGENOTE
    • VIBs | April 8th through April 13th — 15% off with code VIBNOTE
    • BIs | April 9th through April 12th — 10% off with code [TBA]
    illa likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got a couple stories to share about beauty shops this weekend

Me: Bought Estée Lauder on the beauty boutique website (after a lot of screw ups in store and with CSR on the phone and facebook) spent over $75 so I got 20x the points plus 7500 Lauder points for over 26k in points!!!

My bf: bought some clinique stuff he likes online got 20x on his purchase plus the 18500 for his first purchase and earned over 46k points!!!

Mom: got het to buy EL on the site so she got 20x plus the 7500 Lauder points plus since was her first purchse she also got 18,500!!! For a whopping 41k points on her $78 purchase!

Talk about great return on your investment!!!
    amira84, MrsD and illa like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Glendon Preece View Post

Me: Bought Estée Lauder on the beauty boutique website (after a lot of screw ups in store and with CSR on the phone and facebook) spent over $75 so I got 20x the points plus 7500 Lauder points for over 26k in points!!!

My bf: bought some clinique stuff he likes online got 20x on his purchase plus the 18500 for his first purchase and earned over 46k points!!!

Mom: got het to buy EL on the site so she got 20x plus the 7500 Lauder points plus since was her first purchse she also got 18,500!!! For a whopping 41k points on her $78 purchase!

Nice!! I didn't realize they still have bonus points for your first purchase. What is the promo code? My husband might have to buy some stuff .
    amira84 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsD View Post
    Nice!! I didn't realize they still have bonus points for your first purchase. What is the promo code? My husband might have to buy some stuff .
    Beautyfirst I saw it on the murale website the other day.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    MrsD likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I see that you are a great fan of Estee Lauder brand.
    Glendon Preece and MrsD like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Beautyfirst I saw it on the murale website the other day.

Thanks Glendon!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsD View Post
    Thanks Glendon!
    You're very welcome ☺

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information