User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Why do people steal from DOLLAR STORES!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Stealing on earth, does not that you are responsible in heaven, God does not wants thieves in heaven, but I put the trust in God when the eternal Kingdom comes, free things in heaven, free feasts and talents! Yay!
    Shwa Girl, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Why not use coupons? I got Aero for just 25 cents and Kit Kat for free using points.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

A little bit off topic but this story reminds of when I was a kid and there was a variety store that I would frequent that was owned by a older couple by the names of Mr. and Mrs. Dillon
    Every year they would take a vacation and a gentleman friend of theirs would take of the store, and every year a group of kids would gather inside the store.
    Somehow they would get that gentleman to go to the rear of the store and the kids would literally take almost every pack of gum off of the gum rack. (I cannot image how long it would take the owners to make that money back)
    Any ways, I kind of see the same thing in the coupon game, peelies being taken off of boxes when you actually need to buy the product to get them, tear pads coupons being abused (I walked up to the coupon board at rcss one time and literally watched a lady take the whole pad including the peg that holds them up)
    Sorry if I wasted your time

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Unfortunately, in these rough times it is only going to get worse. Like I have posted before in other threads, people have been caught taking literally cart loads of food out of stores in my area. And crime has gone thru the roof and people are selling what they have stolen.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

At two of the dollarama stores here in Guelph - I see kids and young adults crack open a red bull or red rain and drink it while they pretend to shop. Now if I want one they are close up front or I have to ask for them.
    Shwa Girl, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    At two of the dollarama stores here in Guelph - I see kids and young adults crack open a red bull or red rain and drink it while they pretend to shop. Now if I want one they are close up front or I have to ask for them.
    IMHO, double danger for the kids with Red Bull/Rain. Learning how to steal is one thing. Killing their brain cells with taurine in the drink and high caffeine - yikes!
    walkonby and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Why not use coupons? I got Aero for just 25 cents and Kit Kat for free using points.
    exactly
    Arvilish likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

apparently in my town the homeless are coming in and snacking their way through the dollar stores.
    anastasia1009 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People steal from DOLLARAMA because:

- the shelves are very high, obstructing any employee's view of you, and
    - the employees don't give a hoot what you're doing back there fondling chocolate bars down your sweatpants.

This is what I was told by a super-duper scumbag (an unfortunate high school cling-on friend of my beau's). I offered this guy a few days' worth of food for his cat, knowing that he had absolutely no money (his poverty actually hasn't got anything to do with me calling him scummy -- his Everything Else takes care to win that title and more) to take care of the creature, and he said "Nah!"

He went on to say, he would just steal some cat food from Dollarama.

WAT.

Why would someone rather steal, and risk getting caught (AGAIN, in this guy's case) than just take a freezer bag full of kibble and a few cans of wet beef?

In the case of some people, they really feel no 'thrill' or elation from shoplifting -- they do it in some cases to survive (or sometimes in the case of those chocolate bars, to have a little treat so their life is not ALL hard scrabble and no sweetness) and they do it in a lot of cases (as I've seen from this guy's surrounding social group) because they simply don't care.
    They have no respect for the store, for others, for the concept of business, or even of morality.

They feel 100% fully entitled to five-finger whatever little trinket or snack they want, because, well, why not? Their life's been legitimately hard, so Dollarama owes them -- everybody owes them! How does Dollarama get off the hook? The lowest among them'll also palm items from people they claim to be friends with, and feel no remorse, feel nothing -- unless they get caught, then their excuse machine or justification engines or in some cases, THE WATER WORKS WAH WAH WAH, that all has to jump in and work double time -- hard work!

Yeah, I have no new or interesting insight on dollar store theft -- just that it's easy to do, easy to get away with, and super fun for creeps.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

Entitlement. That's why a lot of people shoplift.....because they don't believe that they don't deserve it. Victimless crime right? My family owned their own business and my true calling was busting shoplifters. I tracked one down in the adjoining strip mall where they were sitting having burgers. Ya, the police busted them! What a rush! I can't stand shoplifting....and perhaps it's because I come from the retailers point of view. It's infuriating because the people who pay for their products honestly are the ones paying for the crimes with the rising costs of everything.

Also, I would be watching my back before leaving the store too - you ARE from the Shwa!!! And I can say that....cause so am I! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    The bigger question -- so true
    For the kids, it would be a very bad start.
    For the adult, I was a little afraid knowing he was walking right behind me in the store. I stayed in the store for a while, watching him through the glass, as he walked away in the parking lot.
    *~*~*~*~TRADELIST/WISHLIST~*~*~*~*

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    maybe people do it because they think they won't come after them for a 1$ item? Used to go to a private dollar store and it was a constant battle for the owner over the lunch hour to prevent shoplifting. She finally said no backpacks allowed in the store and had cameras but it eventually closed.
    crazy
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    Its so frustrating to see people do those things.

I saw one person not long ago power-walking towards the Walmart exit (from the opposite side of where the checkout line was, so it looked odd). There was a large Rubbermaid tub in her cart. The greeter stopped her before she left, asking for her receipt. She didn't even acknowledge him and just took off without the cart. He pulled a lot of stuff out of the Rubbermaid tote.
    wao
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

funniest thread i have ever read. lol why not work part-time at the dollar store put in a few hours and go on a shopping spree? people i tell you.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    funniest thread i have ever read. lol why not work part-time at the dollar store put in a few hours and go on a shopping spree? people i tell you.
    I see the dollar store employees working really hard to unload the boxes. I have worked part time in a grocery store for a few years, and know how customers can be. I have 'retired' from that job. lol

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I see the dollar store employees working really hard to unload the boxes. I have worked part time in a grocery store for a few years, and know how customers can be. I have 'retired' from that job. lol
    The scents I smell at some dollar stores people should be stealing soap, perfume and deodorant! lol
    wolfwoman likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information