User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Money Maker with Koodo (Moto X Play or Samsung Grand Prime or Moto G 3rd Gen)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wavi is really thorough with all the information and updates, just letting people know what I got today as well, no more Moto X play, you can choose Samsung Grand Prime or MOTO G 3 , both will cost you $120 for the phone, $5 for the SIM card and 3 month plan which is either $25 X 3 or if put on vacation hold then $15 X 3. I got 150,000 PC points and paid for the full TAB , tax and SIM with my points right away with about 9$ left over, I was not given the opportunity to scratch and win additional PC points, make sure you ask for it. So, after $50 from referral kicking in I will owe $75+ taxes or $45+ taxes - $50 referral, pretty good deal even without scratch promo.
    As Wavi keeps reminding , you MUST do the referral process by clicking the link before you go to buy the phone, once you buy and its activated you will lose out on $50.
    Once you register your phone, sign up immediately for your own referral link and let people know, you can earn up to 300$ (6 referrals max at the rate of 50$ per referral at the moment) in one year, the more people you can get the less you will have to pay :D , good luck!!
    dededi likes this.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got a Moto G 3gen for my kid. I got it in my name and my husband referred me. Since I don't work will there be a problem with credit history? Also the TMS lady misspelt my name [she left an alphabet in my last name] and although the referral went in, I am not able to create an account for log in to self serve. What do I do? Advice please. thanks
    Last edited by madhat; Sun, Mar 27th, 2016 at 04:04 PM.
    IthinkIcan and dededi like this.
    Koodo - gets 25$ for both of us
    https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/7QdCWWt

Get Free Gift Cards & Cash for everyday things you do online
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Swaggycindy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Got a Moto G 3gen for my kid. I got it in my name and my husband referred me. Since I don't work will there be a problem with credit history? Also the TMS lady misspelt my name [she left an alphabet in my last name] and although the referral went in, I am not able to create an account for log in to self serve. What do I do? Advice please. thanks

If you walked out with the phone, no worry about credit. It's done.

As for the online acct... create it with whatever spelling the rep inputted wrong. Then live with it until all the credits/points/rebates are applied. (No point in upsetting any chance at the credits). After that THEN go about changing it properly. -- No one will care how it's spelled for now as long as you pay the bill.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Mon, Mar 28th, 2016 at 07:47 AM.
    madhat, IthinkIcan and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Many are reporting this problem, I am sure if you call Koodo they will fix it for you. Did you get a digital scratch and win card?
    madhat and dededi like this.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Yes call Koodo. I called yesterday about a question I had and they were very helpful. They should be able to help.
    madhat likes this.
    Koodo $50 credit for new activations.
    https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/1EPJR0o

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks bhlombardy, IthinkIcan and couponcat. I will try calling koodo CS. But I thought they charge 10$ if they do any account changes.

I have to go and pick up the phone today as they didnot have stock on sat. Will check with the TMS rep if they can correct the name in the store, otherwise maybe I will leave it as it is as bhlombardy suggested.

yes, got the Scratch and save card . did it on the computer she had in the store and got 25$. she also added 1000 points extra don't know for what. but I'm happy didn't question a freebie
    overall if the calculation works out after 90 days cancellation, I'm happy to get a free phone for my son.

edit- called koodo cust.service and corrected my last name. Don't see it reflected in my account, he says it is going to take a couple of days to see the correct name. And I was not charged for doing this correction.
    Last edited by madhat; Mon, Mar 28th, 2016 at 01:59 PM.
    IthinkIcan likes this.
    Koodo - gets 25$ for both of us
    https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/7QdCWWt

Get Free Gift Cards & Cash for everyday things you do online
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Swaggycindy

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@madhat - I am glad you were able to benefit from this deal..

JUST A REMINDER to everyone... $50 referral credit and Scratch & Win both expires on March 31, 2016 (Thursday)..

please feel free to ask any questions..
    IthinkIcan likes this.
    Get $50 Koodo Bill Credit (until Mar 31, 2016)

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/2ORuGmE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They should extend the $50 promo for another month, dont you think so ?
    Click here for a $50 Koodo Mobile referral bonus (Only in month of May - May Madness).
    Contact me for details, it is easier than you would think.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by somrusk View Post
    They should extend the $50 promo for another month, dont you think so ?
    Who knows what they will end up doing once this promo is over......if any one is still sitting on the fence they should hurry, it all ends tomorrow, I got MOTO G 3 phone for 120$ and 150,000 PC points which I used right away to pay the entire 120$ + 5$ for the SIM and the taxes and still had 9000 points left over, now all I need to pay for three months of service is 25X3 plus taxes for a 240$ phone. Once I get my 50$ from referral that will cover 2 months of service, but......I also scratched worth 75000 points for the promo, so I will actually make money after getting the free phone and three months of service with unlimited texting and 100 any time minutes and evening and weekends free. I don't understand how they are doing it, because after 3 months I can just cancel if I want to.

If any one wants to go for it then don't forget to click the referral link in any of the signatures before you head out and put the exact name and email ID you will be using while buying and activating the phone.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by IthinkIcan View Post
    150,000 PC points which I used right away to pay the entire 120$ + 5$ for the SIM and the taxes and still had 9000 points left over
    You were lucky because they're not supposed to let you do that, I guess your rep didn't know. I asked if I could do that and they wouldn't let me.

Although I guess people can use the pc points to buy a prepaid mastercard and then use that mastercard to pay the tab, a bit more effort but works out the same.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    You were lucky because they're not supposed to let you do that, I guess your rep didn't know. I asked if I could do that and they wouldn't let me.

Although I guess people can use the pc points to buy a prepaid mastercard and then use that mastercard to pay the tab, a bit more effort but works out the same.
    There is provision to do that, its not luck, it takes a bit more work on the sales rep's part, some are not experienced enough or have some other reason. First I bought a MOTO X Play and just got PC points, I will be paying 240 + 75 + taxes after 3 months. The second time I was more prepared with my options, if you do your homework then in the end its well worth it.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Went with my friend last night to TMS. They were out of the Moto G, but they offered to match the 150K pts promo to Virgin phones. In the end, she stuck with Koodo & the manager is picking up a phone from another location & she'll be picking it up tonight. In addition to the 150K promo, she got 50K pts on the scratch-n-win, & the store has a 1K promo on right now for all phones (hey $1 is $1 ).

When asked about paying off the tab right away, the folks at TMS said it's better to wait until the 3 months are over. They had a customer come in & say that Koodo had reversed the tab discount (i.e., $240 phone is discounted by $120 which makes it $120), so they had to pay a further $120. So my friend is waiting. Yes, annoying, but better safe than sorry.
    IthinkIcan likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

LAST DAY for $50 bill credit & scratch & win...
    IthinkIcan likes this.
    Get $50 Koodo Bill Credit (until Mar 31, 2016)

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/2ORuGmE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This deal is so tempting, doubt it can get any better once this is over.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've done this twice now... got myself one and got my mother one. It was too good to pass on.
    IthinkIcan likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information