User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Checkout 51 Cash Back Offers (Mar 31 - Apr 6)

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineTea View Post
    Went to Shoppers to get the Dessange offer. The cashiers insisted that I had to buy 2 Dessange products before I could get the $14.99 treatment free. I did not have a problem there with the old coupon that expired in January when I used it there before.
    Drove to another nearby Shoppers and I had no problem redeeming the free product when I bought 1 Shampoo.
    However, the cashiers there did not know what to classify the coupon as, so I ended paying tax on the free product.
    The cashier punched it in as a regular coupon but I asked her if there was a coupon for free products and she could not find any and there was a growing big line up. The poor cashiers are not getting any training. She said that they were just given a manual to figure it out. She said that if enough people called Shoppers to complain, maybe they would get better training. They just got their new system last Thursday. In Anna Michele's conversations, her bill showed the the fpc as a Product Voucher. I forgot and should have asked the cashier to count the coupon as a Product Voucher since she did not know what to do with the coupon. Oh well, next time...
    Good news is that my receipt went through with CO51.
    Did you have an fpc? my printed smartsource coupon I had today was buy two get 14.99 off it didn't have to be treatment I bought one shampoo and one conditioner
    It would still be entered as an fpc/product voucher in the new system
    Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    Angela273, rockco and JasmineTea like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockco View Post
    Thanks for awareness @IthinkIcan .

I just remembered, smartsource purchased checkout51, so they must be managing both systems to offer on one or the other. The coupon will probably re-appear again (after this week's CO51 offers).
    I didn't know this. Thanks for the info.
    rockco and IthinkIcan like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tannie View Post
    Is the Drano there or did I miss it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't have the Drano offer in my list either.

Do have a few other offers that weren't listed though:

-Garnier Whole Blends shampoo $1.50 (limit 1)
    -Garnier Whole Blends conditioner $1.50 (limit 1)
    -Vaseline lotion, spray, etc. $1.00 (limit 3)
    -Robin Hood Quick Bread Mixes $1.00 (limit 3)

Garnier Whole Blends are on "from $4.99" at Rexall, starting tomorrow.

Vaseline lotion (320mL-725mL) is on at SDM for $4.99 until tomorrow (be careful though...CO51's offer includes Vaseline Intensive Care lotion 600mL only, and SDM is advertising the bonus size. Could still be valid on the other hand lotion though). Vaseline lotion will also be on, starting tomorrow, for $5.99 at Fortinos, Loblaws, and RCSS.

Robin Hood Quick Bread mixes are on at FreshCo for $2.49, starting today.
    Last edited by Abby1; Thu, Mar 31st, 2016 at 02:42 PM.
    Tannie, rockco, maple7 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As I expected, the smartsource.ca Dessange coupon is difficult to interpret and input in the cash system.

I believe In the fine print it states "“...Purchase of any DESSANGE SHAMPOO or CONDITIONER, L’OREAL CANADA INC. Will reimburse you the face value of the DESSANGE TREATMENT..""

SDM might interpret it as a FPC (no tax is charged) or
    SDM might input as $14.99 coupon (and tax is charged) or
    SDM might input a lower value to match the "Treatment" value (and tax is charged)

My purchase was input as a manufacturer's coupon of $14.99 (and I paid the seniors discounted price which was lower, but I paid tax.)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I bought dessange with a coupon. New system. Receipt classifies it as "coupon" (doesn't say vendor or not). Charged hst
    rockco and JasmineTea like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Did you have an fpc? my printed smartsource coupon I had today was buy two get 14.99 off it didn't have to be treatment I bought one shampoo and one conditioner
    It would still be entered as an fpc/product voucher in the new system
    The fine print of the smartsource coupons says " TO THE DEALER; UPON RECEIPT OF THIS COUPON TOWARDS THE PURCHASE OF ANY DESSANGE SHAMPOO OR CONDITIONER, L'OREAL CANADA INC will reimburse you the face value of the DESSANGE TREATMENT plus regular handling fees ..." (and the price of the treatment is $14.99).

The cashiers at the store interpreted as meaning you have to buy 2 Dessange to get the Treatment free. They gave me a hard time and questioned where I got the coupon because it did not look authentic to them since it was a high value coupon and should have a "water mark" on it. How do you print the coupon and put a watermark on it? I told them I got it from smartsource.ca. Now they probably think I was lying since they took that coupon down from smartsource.ca . One of the the cashiers said she was going to check on their computer.
    What a way to make your customers feel like a thief or liar, Shoppers Drug Mart.
    rockco likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineTea View Post
    The fine print of the smartsource coupons says " TO THE DEALER; UPON RECEIPT OF THIS COUPON TOWARDS THE PURCHASE OF ANY DESSANGE SHAMPOO OR CONDITIONER, L'OREAL CANADA INC will reimburse you the face value of the DESSANGE TREATMENT plus regular handling fees ..." (and the price of the treatment is $14.99).

The cashiers at the store interpreted as meaning you have to buy 2 Dessange to get the Treatment free. They gave me a hard time and questioned where I got the coupon because it did not look authentic to them since it was a high value coupon and should have a "water mark" on it. How do you print the coupon and put a watermark on it? I told them I got it from smartsource.ca. Now they probably think I was lying since they took that coupon down from smartsource.ca . One of the the cashiers said she was going to check on their computer.
    What a way to make your customers feel like a thief or liar, Shoppers Drug Mart.

Oh snap you are very right the fine print definitely specifies a shampoo or conditioner to get the treatment free
    The coupon really should have ŕead save 14.99 on dessange treatment wub shampoo or conditioner
    But it's Def not both shampoo and conditioner just one to get he treatment free

rockco and JasmineTea like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I'm really new to all this but I believe that the $ signs behind where it says "Save $14.99" is the water mark.

I looked at a few different print coupons from smartsource and they all seem to have the same watermark.

I'm pretty sure I have looked it up before but I believe the purpose of the watermark is to eliminate being able to photo copy the coupon and have the water mark show up as well (Pls correct me if I'm wrong as I have never been that curious enough to bring one to work to try to see if I was right)(And no I would not actually copy one and use it)
    Last edited by Thatdone; Thu, Mar 31st, 2016 at 05:41 PM.
    super807, Cata, rockco and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yes you are correct, once you photocopy it, the water mark will not show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    I'm really new to all this but I believe that the $ signs behind where it says "Save $14.99" is the water mark.

I looked at a few different print coupons from smartsource and they all seem to have the same watermark.

I'm pretty sure I have looked it up before but I believe the purpose of the watermark is to eliminate being able to photo copy the coupon and have the water mark show up as well (Pls correct me if I'm wrong as I have never been that curious enough to bring one to work to try to see if I was right)(And no I would not actually copy one and use it)
    rockco, JasmineTea and Thatdone like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Rockco for all the tips!
    rockco likes this.

Wise Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Vaseline lotion (the big bottle pump) is on sale at SDM until tom'row for $4.99. There was a coupon to save $3.00 off from a SS or Red Plum insert not that long ago. Plus CO51 has another $1.00 off, so you can get this for $0.99. Awesome price if you have the coupon. I think the size is 600 ml - this was for the yellow bottle. The brown bottle, coco butter had bonus of 20% making it a 720 ml bottle.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

free discreet liners after coupons and rebate. RCSS has the discreet liners or pads for $5.98 used coupons $2.00 from PG and check out 51 money back is $4.00

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Unable to login to CO51. Anyone else?

Edit: Must have been a fluke. It's all good now.
    Last edited by Grey; Fri, Apr 1st, 2016 at 10:43 AM.
    Search & Win using Swagbucks! Redeem for amazon.ca/Cineplex/Shutterfly gift cards.
    Click >>> Swagbucks <<< and start earning your own.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post

Thank you @Thatdone for pointing that out about the dollar sign. Next time I will point that out to the cashier if they have any doubts about the coupon. I had an extra coupon in my wallet and I showed the cashier that I had printed them from the internet and the 2 coupons that I had, both had different Pin Numbers.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    free discreet liners after coupons and rebate. RCSS has the discreet liners or pads for $5.98 used coupons $2.00 from PG and check out 51 money back is $4.00
    Great for donation too.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information