User Tag List

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2324Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2016

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

April Frugal chatter join the conversation on how to stretch your budget, shopping and life goals
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

jasper i tripped up my back stairs too -my heel is a bit sore -gee that's twice now i feel
    -have ashlyn coming at 4.30 so son and his wife can go out for supper with her family-told hubby to pick up a little cesar's pizza

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    jasper i tripped up my back stairs too -my heel is a bit sore -gee that's twice now i feel
    -have ashlyn coming at 4.30 so son and his wife can go out for supper with her family-told hubby to pick up a little cesar's pizza
    I hope it heals quickly, have fun babysitting and enjoy the pizza (nice treat) and not too expensive
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Good evening ladies,

I'm happy that March is finished,well i'm not looking forward to April i have a lot of physiotherapy to do .I'll update tomorrow off to bed now goodnight
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yes jasper we ordered 2 small pizza from little cesar $12 (hubby was a bit stressed as his school bus broke down around 4.45 and parents were yelling at him at they had to get to work-they brought him another bus) - -really it wasn't his fault -we left 4 pizza slices for my son's lunch at work -ashlyn ate 2 slices
    -yeah got our income tax today and putting it towards our driveway -getting quotes on our driveway (this is our major job this year )have been saving for it -any extra putting aside into savings for the driveway

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Started going through the pantry yesterday, assessing what canned/dry foods we have, and what's needed - funny how big a job it is once you start!

have a great day, everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TFIF! My honey bought me the most gorgeous roses (2 dozen! white and red mixed) They look so beautiful in the newly painted (CLEAN!!) diningroom! Feeling the love.
    Hope to get at house stuff this weekend. We may go to a movie tomorrow night since youngest is sleeping over at Grandma's with his Aunt
    Have a great day everyone!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

April WOW!!!

Goals: get taxes done (my BIL does them and they just had a baby, so I have been giving them time)

start tidying the gardens and yard (debris) and plan outdoor renos and goals
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Beautiful day here today and tomorrow-up to 23 degrees tomorrow and the tree buds are opening which is earlier than usual around here. DH has been off work this week-he will drop me off for work(11:15-2:15) in a while and pick DD up at school and take her to physio apt and then pick me up. DD is off on a band trip to Seattle Tues-Sunday-DH is working next week but I have decided to slip away for a couple of days shopping down in the US and just for a little getaway-provided the driving weather stays good. DH did a little research this morning as I seem to remember we are supposed to change our batteries in our key FOB once a year and we have had our new car over a year now-would hate it to go dead and not have a spare as it is needed to start the car. He called the dealer and it was $8 per key to change it, he checked at Walmart and 2 batteries were $4 and then he found 5 batteries on Amazon for $4.95 with free shipping so we went with that to have on hand for when the battery dies. Hoping everyone has a restful weekend.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hope your shoulder and arm get better fast Nancy.
    Got a call yesterday morning from someone wanting a baby afghan. I had what they wanted so they came and picked it up. They called back in the afternoon and said they liked it so well, they ordered 4 more. Said they don`t need them right away and to take my time.
    Will go with my sister to AnnaMaes on Monday and on Tuesday I plan to drive for the first time. Hope it goes well...I`m getting tired of being driven everywhere. I`m sure my niece will be happy too.
    Bought a new vacuum cleaner this week...a Shark Rocket. We have a Rainbow but we hate it. It`s too heavy for me to use so we`re giving it to a friend. She has her mom`s old one but is missing some attachments. Am also looking into hiring a cleaning person. Can anyone give me an idea of what the going rate is?

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@jasperandchar: I hope you're okay after the fall and the bumps and bruises heal quickly. You're moving too fast in trying to be frugal.

@YOU AND ME : Hope the physiotherapy helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Am also looking into hiring a cleaning person. Can anyone give me an idea of what the going rate is?
    @Crochetlady: I'm not sure where you are in Ontario. I've heard, for a professional (full time on the job, brings own equipment, cleaning supplies, etc.), it's $30/hr in the GTA and a full top to bottom clean takes about three - four hours depending on the house size. If you're further out into the country, rates may be less.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DH has just about wrapped our taxes. He is now stuck on the T220 part which looks like more work than reward, so I have suggested he just skip it.
    Today was a catch up day or as one of my favourite bloggers calls it TCB (taking care of Business). Cancelled the insurance on the car was given away and that saves $75.00 a month. I put a load in the wash ready to go on at 7PM. The April budget is done and all the March info is reconciled. I made it another month with no lunch out I am feeling really good about this change in my behaviour.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Sweets parrow I`m in midwestern ON. Out in the boonies. I know of someone who cleans in Kitchener for $20 an hour. I don`t think she supplies anything.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    @Sweetsparrow I`m in midwestern ON. Out in the boonies. I know of someone who cleans in Kitchener for $20 an hour. I don`t think she supplies anything.
    I pay mine $50 for 3 hours in a 2900 sq ft home...she works from a list and uses her own supplies. She comes biweekly. Her hourly rate is $20 an hour, but she knocks off $10 for 3 hours.

Since I have been using her consistently for almost a year, now I put priority jobs first and then write "the usual." As I have written before, she cancels every once in a while VERY last minute. But I have decided that for her rates, I am willing to put up with it because her work is adequate and I need the help.

I am a better cleaner than she is (e.g. she doesn't sweep under beds etc, unless I specify), but she is the perfect help for the perfect price. I still tidy and clean regularly.

Everyone else in our area Niagara/GTA is $25 an hour minimum (I looked into it when I was frustrated with the cancellations). To be honest, I think this is silly considering minimum wage is $11.40 and there is no training needed for cleaning. I would consider hiring a student to my own specifications in an ad before paying more. I could train and provide my own supplies.

I hope you find your perfect help for your perfect price Crochetlady!!!
    Last edited by Granger; Fri, Apr 1st, 2016 at 03:42 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

A nice fresh start to a new month!! ( or so I thought ) So naturally when our cat Claudius was having his check-up and needles yesterday the vet discovers a rotted tooth in his mouth ( he says THAT pain may be why Claudius has been chewing his pretty fur off his belly and sides ) Here we thought his fur was simply falling out on its own??
    So he will need to be be put under anesthetic to have the tooth removed and also the other teeth scraped of their tarter. Goodbye $$$...hello happier Claudius ( we hope! )
    Hamlet our other ginger cat who is much younger than Claudius and was a teensy little ball of orange and white fur when we got him now weighs 14.5 lbs!! Poor old man Claudius weighed the same on this check up as he did a couple of yrs ago! ( 12.5 lbs )
    I just knew Hamlet was going to be a bigger cat once he started sprouting!!
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information