User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: WALMART manager/CSM hates me or something... upset

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I literally just got back from Walmart and I think I am never shopping at this location again because I have had multiple issues with this one Manager/CSM employee.

Let start off with what happened today... I went to Walmart with my mom to get a couple bags of chips and other grocery items with my mom and sister. We were going to checkout and the Manager/CSM saw us and she was standing near the clothing area talking to another employee and not near the checkout tills at all. We went into the fast checkout lane and when we got to the till we were literally there for like 10 seconds and guess who just randomly appeared at the till we were at... Manager/CSM . She was just watching us checkout for no reason at all. She wasnt called to the till by the cashier or anything. She was just watching to make sure we werent doing something wrong.. I don't even know.

This might seem like i am over exageratting but this happened last week when my mom went shopping.

She knows who we are because of other times we checked out and a cashier needed help with something and CSM was called.
    either because of:
    - they changed their price matching policy to only price matching in my city - which I follow
    - they have limit of items aloud to be price matched - which I follow too
    - or because an employee wasnt sure if a certain item could be priced matched or not - which I followed

I have never done anything wrong but every time she is called she just has a very rude attitude whenever she is called to till.

I might be over exaggerating a little and upset over nothing. I am just a little irritated at this situation because she wasnt even called to the till or anything. She was just watching because she thinks I am going to do something wrong or wants to find something wrong. I don't even know..

Has anyone ever experienced a similar situation.. I am just going to shop at a different Walmart because it really makes me feel uncomfortable while checking out because she was making me feel like I shouldnt be price matching and couponing..

I dont know...
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Walmart

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had this exact same situation at Safeway. The managers there were a-holes. I had sunlight FPCs and they had them on BOGO. The manager basically told me the company didn't 'intend' for me to do that and that I was stealing.

Contacting Safeway's HO did nothing in that case.

But I had a run-in with an employee at Walmart once who was ringing through a big order with coupons (back in the day, all identical items, all identical coupons. Overwhelming but not exceptionally difficult) and she yelled at me, so I contacted their customer service. I did get a good response from them, so consider contacting HO and explaining to them that the manager at that store hovers around you and makes you feel like a thief even though you follow all guidelines properly. That's the best thing you can do, I think. If someone is rude or has a bad attitude and they're the manager, they have nobody to answer to except head office and HO doesn't know they're acting this way unless it's reported.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had an issue once when price matching and using a coupon a few years ago. The cashier refused to take the coupon. She called the manager who reluctantly did the price match/coupon combo but they acted like they did me a favor. Ummm there were no rules back then stating you couldn't use price match/coupon combo. They act like the money is coming right out of their pockets or something. As a side note, anyone notice Wal-Mart now charges 9 bucks for 3 bags of chips when it has been 8 bucks for the longest?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greeny View Post
    I had an issue once when price matching and using a coupon a few years ago. The cashier refused to take the coupon. She called the manager who reluctantly did the price match/coupon combo but they acted like they did me a favor. Ummm there were no rules back then stating you couldn't use price match/coupon combo. They act like the money is coming right out of their pockets or something. As a side note, anyone notice Wal-Mart now charges 9 bucks for 3 bags of chips when it has been 8 bucks for the longest?
    they are not the only store, today I saw at GT and FB both places the chip prices have increased. It is like every single area not just produce where the prices are inching up bit by bit.

oh and @Msbeautifulsam I would confront that person HEAD on! Be extra cute and polite and just ask her why has she gone out of her way to " observe " when you are cashing out? If she denies doing that then just wait till the next shopping trip to see if she does it again.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I refuse to shop at a certain WM due to staff and too many problems, yet others are fine.
    toronto166 and Davetherave like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Wal Mart has one of the rudest Customer Service Manager's ever. The only decent person and the one who is having a career is the Store Manager.

Rest of the staff and service is useless.

CSM at WM is nothing but a cashier who makes a few bucks more, nothing more - nothing less. They and even the Department sales manager, don't really make much, so they are always frustrated with their life and try to go on some power trip.

Only the Store Manager makes a good salary, rest of the managers are just pseudo dummy wannabes..LOL
    macw1960 and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Wal Mart has one of the rudest Customer Service Manager's ever. The only decent person and the one who is having a career is the Store Manager.

Rest of the staff and service is useless.

CSM at WM is nothing but a cashier who makes a few bucks more, nothing more - nothing less. They and even the Department sales manager, don't really make much, so they are always frustrated with their life and try to go on some power trip.

Only the Store Manager makes a good salary, rest of the managers are just pseudo dummy wannabes..LOL
    @tjthemanto - "Wal Mart has one of the rudest Customer Service Manager's ever" is a pretty bold statement. Is it at your particular WM or are you generalizing?? I have to say that I am blessed at my WM. From top to bottom, they are all courteous and professional. Have all my transactions over the years been perfect? Absolutely not, however we have discussed whatever issues I have encountered like adults and moved on.

Rest of the staff and service is useless. -Not too nice as you have put all staff into one category. I would suspect many retail stores have staff that shouldn't be dealing with the public.

I'm sorry that the op has to deal with a manager that finds it necessary to watch her transactions but just as @walkonby mentioned.....I too would have confronted her and asked her if there was a reason why she came over. At least the manager now knows that the op has caught on to what she is doing.
    macw1960 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

dont let her get you down. next time u see her...smile BIG & say Hi, How you doing today? she will be so taken aback she wont remember why she is there. ;-)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks everyone for commenting! Next time I go shopping at this particular Walmart I will see if she does it again and confront her in a friendly manner! Then I will go from there! I went to another Walmart today and CSM was super nice and the cashier was so patient and friendly during the entire transaction!

Thanks again.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Msbeautifulsam View Post
    She was just watching us checkout for no reason at all. She wasnt called to the till by the cashier or anything. She was just watching to make sure we werent doing something wrong.. I don't even know.

that's happened to me a few times - each time this happened I had been checking flyers with my flyer app, or I was checking the offers on CO51 on my phone. I suspect that whoever watches the security cameras contacted the CSM and told her to keep an eye on me. Why? I have no idea.

So now when I check my phone for offers/prices etc. I shield the screen with my hand so the camera people can't see it. I hope it drives them crazy not knowing what I'm doing with my phone

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

My walmart is really good. The cashiers are quite pleasant and regularly complement my shops. I even shared some of my bacon coupons today with the cashier she thanked me and asked where she should price match it from! Lol if you have better experiences at another store save the headache and go there! Sorry you had a bad run in. Those are the worst and it happens to me at shoppers. I avoid shoppers unless it's a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    macw1960 and toronto166 like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

My Wal-Mart isn't too bad when it comes to the couponing, price matching, etc. that I have done there, but I do most all of my couponing and price matching at RCSS in Ajax. Most all times it works out fine there, no major issues. But there have been times where I wanted to just give a cashier a little smack upside the head. I know in some cases it is not their fault as they may not be properly trained in this manner, but this one cashier was just a snotty b***h about my price matching. Glad I haven't had to deal with her for quite some time
    ***Knock on wood***

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    @tjthemanto - "Wal Mart has one of the rudest Customer Service Manager's ever" is a pretty bold statement. Is it at your particular WM or are you generalizing?? I have to say that I am blessed at my WM. From top to bottom, they are all courteous and professional. Have all my transactions over the years been perfect? Absolutely not, however we have discussed whatever issues I have encountered like adults and moved on.

Rest of the staff and service is useless. -Not too nice as you have put all staff into one category. I would suspect many retail stores have staff that shouldn't be dealing with the public.

I'm sorry that the op has to deal with a manager that finds it necessary to watch her transactions but just as @walkonby mentioned.....I too would have confronted her and asked her if there was a reason why she came over. At least the manager now knows that the op has caught on to what she is doing.

If one sees the type of customers and their bs these CSM's have to put up with on a day to day basis, the stores need CSM's with balls that will stand up to customers. Just over a week ago, a CSM explained the Ad Match policy and why a particular ad was not an ad match. The customer was no adult - not when they turn around and call the CSM a F**cking *itch because they were not getting their way.

As for someone being watched - for all one knows LP has directed the CSM's, etc. to watch a particular person. LP may have seen something that they aren't 100% sure of (or another employee, or even a customer) - doesn't mean it happened that day. Could have been something from the last time the person was in.
    toronto166 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yeah, some store managers are terrible. I had similar experience with a dollar store manager close to my place and I just don't go there to boost their business, no way......
    toronto166 likes this.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Weird, read this rant yesteday, and the exact same thing happened to me at my local Walmart. LOL. The CSM was standing right there with me for 20 mins, checked every single flyer for the address, area code...etc...and kept saying we really to hurry up....I m like what?? I m trying here, but see who is slowing things up here?? lol. At first she said Ontario only, then when we got to Scarborough flyers, she changed her mind and said local means only stores in Markham. FINE. I literally left more then half of items behind. Even the cashier was shaking his head, and said shes going to stay here for the next customer too who is also price matching most of her items. By the way, the person behind were on my side, we were both questioning her why is she making up her own rules. By the way, no one even call her over, she just walked over herself. And she also make it clear that shes just doing her job and that what shes there for.... I just drove to another location and pm'ed everything else without a problem that I wasn't able to pm there. What a waste of time and gas. sigh**
    Last edited by cinpow; Sat, Apr 30th, 2016 at 08:04 PM.
    toronto166 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information