User Tag List

Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113
Results 1,681 to 1,691 of 1691
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Chronic Pain Management Support Group

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$$avingmom I survived SICU in 2007 with severe DVT and PEs. There is permanent damage from this. The doctors misdiagnosed and mistreated me for a very long time, so I now have post thrombotic syndrome.

Sorry for the pity party, but I continue to feel absolutely horrible! I am currently 7wks pregnant with baby #2. I was quite sick during my first pregnancy. When I was pregnant with LO in 2012, I lost 20lbs before I gained 21lbs (so I was +1lb when I went into labour with him). This time I have been even more sick and earlier in the pregnancy than I was with him. I only managed to keep lunch down today. I am continuing to lose weight without effort because food and I have such a horrible relationship right now. I really want to avoid having the doctors suggest anti-nausea medications. I'm making certain that I'm not dehydrated and I am taking my prenatal vitamin in the evening. It sucks so badly because my upper abdomen hurts all day, nausea, headache (which has lessened over the last week), exhaustion, etc. I am finding it hard to accomplish anything around the house, errands, etc. I'm looking forward to going back to work because having a specific focus and goal throughout the day might help me keep my mind off things. I'm going to tell the staff at the Catholic schools that I am pregnant, whenever I teach for them.
    SillyLoocie likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    I am suffering from a hormone called relaxin. It loosens all my joints. It hurts to walk and use my hands even doing nothing hurts so much. I don't know what to do ?? Anyone here have this or heard of it??
    Your signature indicates that you became a new mom in October 2014. Congratulations! Unfortunately some women have difficulties with relaxin after the baby is born. It will take time, but your body should slowly reduce the level of relaxin floating around in your body, which will decrease your pain and discomfort. I did not have much of a problem with relaxin after our LO was born in Sept 2012. I was careful with exercises and such because the extra relaxin makes all of the joints and ligaments looser than usual and more likely to result in accidental injuries. Unfortunately I am not sure if there is anything that a doctor can do about your increased relaxin levels. Take care of yourself and just do the best that you can.
    SillyLoocie and Abby5 like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I hope everyone is going to see 2015 bring them happiness & health. I know how much chronic & constant pain can wear a person down. I know that I am fed up with it.

Abby5 - I've heard of relaxin, but I don't know a thing about it. I really hope you can get some answers.

Name:  hope.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  44.0 KB

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I just wanted to stop in and wish everyone a Happy Healthy Pain-free (well, Reduced-Pain-Level) 2015!
    Crochetlady, Angela273 and Abby5 like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

haven't heard of it Abby5. I will do some research and post back here if I find anything. I am studying to get my Registered Holistic nutritionist Diploma right now. I have learned a lot about food and nutrition already and have been able to heal a lot of my pain and issues through changing my diet. I am no longer having to take a handful of prescription pills to exist everyday If I can suggest anything that I think MAY help I will let you know. just understand it is a suggestion only, I am not a medical professional.
    $$avingmom

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    $$avingmom I survived SICU in 2007 with severe DVT and PEs. There is permanent damage from this. The doctors misdiagnosed and mistreated me for a very long time, so I now have post thrombotic syndrome.

Sorry for the pity party, but I continue to feel absolutely horrible! I am currently 7wks pregnant with baby #2. I was quite sick during my first pregnancy. When I was pregnant with LO in 2012, I lost 20lbs before I gained 21lbs (so I was +1lb when I went into labour with him). This time I have been even more sick and earlier in the pregnancy than I was with him. I only managed to keep lunch down today. I am continuing to lose weight without effort because food and I have such a horrible relationship right now. I really want to avoid having the doctors suggest anti-nausea medications. I'm making certain that I'm not dehydrated and I am taking my prenatal vitamin in the evening. It sucks so badly because my upper abdomen hurts all day, nausea, headache (which has lessened over the last week), exhaustion, etc. I am finding it hard to accomplish anything around the house, errands, etc. I'm looking forward to going back to work because having a specific focus and goal throughout the day might help me keep my mind off things. I'm going to tell the staff at the Catholic schools that I am pregnant, whenever I teach for them.
    I am so sorry to hear about your struggles! Sorry I didn't see your post sooner! I have been busy studying, I am trying to get my diploma to become a registered holistic nutritionist. my hope is that I can help other people out there suffering with chronic pain and ill health, to heal and feel like them selves again. I have already learned a lot and applied it to myself. I have been pain pill free for over a week now and feel 10 times better than I have in years! Changing my diet to include a lot more foods that heal inflammation and removing all processed foods from my diet has made a huge difference in my pain levels (not that I ate a lot of processed food to begin with).
    This is just a suggestion on my part: I do know that ginger is very good for nausea, how do you feel about it?? Ginger tea would be great if you don't mind the taste, as it would help with your hydration levels. If the taste doesn't thrill you then you can always get anti-nausea tablets that are made from ginger only (ginger gravol). I checked on the mother risk site and ginger s considered safe during pregnancy. It would be a lot safer alternative to the prescription anti-nausea medications that you are trying to avoid. If ginger doesn't work for you, PM me I have a couple of other ideas for you.
    Angela273 likes this.
    $$avingmom

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    I am suffering from a hormone called relaxin. It loosens all my joints. It hurts to walk and use my hands even doing nothing hurts so much. I don't know what to do ?? Anyone here have this or heard of it??
    Abby did you have testing done to confirm that it was the relaxin that is causing all of the body pain? I am asking because, I know that often times Doctor's will assume that we are suffering from something without doing the proper testing. Have you had any thyroid testing done? It is common for women to suffer thyroid disorders after pregnancy, and a thyroid disorder, will throw all of your hormones off. I suffered post pregnancy hypothyroidism and had a very difficult time getting diagnosed. I got the typical "oh you're just tired because you just had a baby". When in fact I was so exhausted and hurting that I would only be out of bed for a couple of hours and practically fall asleep sitting up. My body ceased to exist after 1PM! It was crazy! Hypothyroidism also causes joints to become loose (your muscles don't work properly), constipation or the opposite, dry skin, hair loss, cold hands and feet, memory loss, depression, joint aches, weight gain, inability to lose weight, water retention, slowed digestion, irregular periods. These are just the symptoms I can remember because I still suffer from most of them even after being medicated for hypothyroidism for 12 years. The weight gain isn't as bad as it was and I have re-gained a lot of my energy but for me many symptoms still persist. If you haven't had blood drawn to prove that it is the RELAXIN that is causing your pain and you notice that you have ANY of the symptoms that I have listed above, Please ask your doctor to do some blood work to test your hormone levels! Make sure that the Relaxin is tested, if possible. For the thyroid make sure that not just the TSH gets tested TSH is thyroid stimulating hormone. It is usually the only test Dr's will do to test for thyroid issues. It is important to see the whole picture, when looking at your thyroid. They also need to test for T4, T3 and free T4. If nothing shows up in these tests, it could still be possible that your thyroid is to blame, but that it is at an autoimmune level. In that case you would need to have testing done for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis this would be a test to look for thyroid peroxidase (TPO antibodies). In the mean time, to help with the pain I would try and eat as many foods that help with inflammation as you can. Try almonds (if you an eat nuts) they are a natural pain reliever and rich in essential fatty acids. Avacado, flax, chia seeds, coconut oil, olive oil, other nuts and nut butters (not peanuts) salmon and other fatty fish. These kinds of foods help a lot with inflammation and pain, they also help to lubricate the joints. Don't be afraid to eat foods that are high in fat, it is a myth, that eating fats makes you fat! We need these kinds of healthy fats in our diet for our body to remain healthy and function well. If you have any questions for me just send me a PM I would be happy to help you out if I am able to

Again I must say this is just my suggestion. I am not a medical professional, just studying to become a registered holistic nutritionist! I want to try and help anyone that I can!
    $$avingmom

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

It has stopped me in my tracks and makes typing with my right hand near impossible.
    It is caused by the shoulder that I broke a few years ago.
    My pain meds. are only giving me short periods of being pain free and Physio. provides only temporary relief.
    Unless my situation changes,I face surgery.
    Please say a prayer for me.
    Thanks.
    Mia001 and Angela273 like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    It has stopped me in my tracks and makes typing with my right hand near impossible.
    My pain meds. are only giving me short periods of being pain free and Physio. provides only temporary relief.
    Thanks.
    Oh that really sucks Skippy. I'll pray for you.

I had a contrast pelvic CT and double leg ultrasound done, since my healthy twins were born. It has been nearly a month since the scans and reports were mailed to a particular vascular surgeon in London, ON. I confirmed that they received the disks, but I am still waiting to hear from the doctor. Depending on what he sees, I will potentially be treated in Ontario, but he doesn't want to waste my time and money, which is why I have completed these tests before meeting him.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Thanks.
    sure , you can always count on us
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I saw this today and it struck me as so incredibly true. As some of you know I'm still recovering from a severely broken leg from May, 2014 and facing another surgery...I can't walk properly or for more than an hour or two without the help of some lovely drugs...I have 3 degenerated discs that give me almost constant pain, and the icing on the cake is my combination of arthritis and fibromyalgia. A lovely "soup" I deal with every day...and I'm scheduled for a knee-replacement in the near future because that break compromised that knee.

However, as far as family and friends are concerned, I go through my days without much, if any, complaint; no one besides my darling Husband know how my days are spent. I do what I can when I can, and I rest when I have to. Period. So this struck me as so bang-on and I'm sure many of you here can relate to it, also, so I thought I'd post it on behalf of so many of us here..."invisible" dis-eases...so difficult for people to understand...

Wishing you all a pain-free day...

Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, May 6th, 2016 at 10:17 AM.

Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113

Thread Information