• 2 Post By JDI007
  • 1 Post By Candini
  • 1 Post By Candini
  • 1 Post By super807

Thread: Zero Water or Brita Filter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I don't drink tap water because the chlorine taste really bothers me. Has anyone used either ZeroWater or Brita?

I remember using a Brita maybe 10 years ago and the water came out tasting like chlorine so I ditched it. I tried Zero Water a friend's house last week and it tasted fine to me, but I have read some bad reviews online about a "fishy" taste after a few weeks of use, which makes me apprehensive

Has anyone used either of these? I am trying not to use a cooler because cooler plastic has BPA
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Candini and dededi like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Brita filters almost nothing! Get a PUR water filter, Home Hardware over here sells them only, it is worth it and inside there is even a list of all the things it filters. Brita is just advertising..it's not actually good. I haven't tried ZeroWater but I highly recommend PUR
    torontogal12 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I have a Brita. It's ok. I find it doesn`t last as long as its supposed to until you get that 'city water' tap taste again flowing through. However the filters are fairly cheap and if it's just the taste you`re concerned about it's good. I have the large box looking thing with the spout tap, never used the pitcher.

I want to try SOMA but as far as I know it's only available for shipping in the States.

There are plenty other options out there too if your looking to actually purify the water, remove fluoride etc
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Their website btw is drinksoma . com
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Their website btw is drinksoma . com
    I looked at Soma and it's only available in the US .

My pal from California uses Berkey but it's really pricey and seems hard to find in Canada too
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I was using a Brita pitcher in my old office building because I couldn't stand the taste of the tap water (but I was fine with the tap water at home). For me, the Brita changed the taste enough that it was worth using. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't the taste of chlorine that was bothering me, as I've always been fine with drinking tap water everywhere else.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Thread Information