User Tag List

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: May 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL WELCOME

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We had a lovely day in Banff-except for the construction enroute. Dropped in on an old friend and had a nice visit. We also had lunch out-nothing fancy or expensive but the food court in Banff is super yummy-went to a Taste of Sri Lanka and ate really good vegetarian food-reminded us of our time doing volunteer work in South India so many years ago. My husband and daughter keeping telling me all the things we are running out of to add to my list and I really must hit the grocery store tomorrow. I am sure they would happily go but I expect the bill would be about double-lol. Happy Mother's Day to all.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I lost it at bfs ex today. She picked the boys up for mothers day stuff this afternoon while we were 3hours south at 2 pm...and the three of them left my dog outside...for 5 1/2 hours with no water or shade. Yes it was "only 16 degrees" but she was wrapped around the leg of a patio chair as well. She blames it on us not allowing the boys to have a key ( we dont trust her as things go mia when she has acess) but she could have texted and told us she was locked out....any of our friends would have checked on dragon. She could have made sure there was water or even had the boys take her with them but..no dragon got left. I was livid. So mad thay after bf picked the boys up i called her told her exactly how i felt about what she said to bf about it and hung up on her when she started to blame us. That kinda thing sure teaches disrespect towards living creatures as well as to their dad and I. She told me to chill out by text about 20min later and continued on the bloody key thing. I never would have left her dog out knowing she would be gone for hours yet ( she knew the earliest we planned on being home was 8....and she picked the boys up just before 2.)

On a happy note we picked up our washer dryer and they are installed in our teeeenie tiny laundry room. We picked up shelves to install above now as they arent stacked now. Also got my sister's grad gift $60 off!.

Angela im so glad they are willingto try for you!

Sassy....your savings is your savings. If you want a cushion its not selfish to planfor future emergencies that suddenly comeup. Her not working...moping and not pulling her side as well as overspending at times is her problem to dig herself out of. I agree with others that it may be time to ease into separate ways..separate homes.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Last edited by saundyl; Sun, May 8th, 2016 at 03:02 AM.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Happy Mother's Day to all you ladies hope it's a good one
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

happy mother's day ladies -I will have a good one (get to find out gender of daughter's baby)hope everyone has a lovely day

-congrats lilo on the new car-awesome just driving off the lot, no worries ,no payments awesome

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lilo congrats on the car

Saundyl congrats on the new washer and dryer.

Happy Mothers Day everyone
    saundyl, Natalka, ROMEO and 5 others like this.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Happy Mother's Day!
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-I hope you have a good MD lunch with your Mum and brother despite the tensions. After reading your post from yesterday I would also suggest not responding to her angry texts-ignore them and maybe she will stop-if not change your number. I would advise you not to allow her to manipulate and guilt you into things. I believe you have mentioned in the past you have 3 freezers so I don't blame you at all for just buying milk-I imagine you have plenty of food for 2 people for quite some time. And if you choose to eat out I would do so on my way home and if she wants to pay for hers or cook her own dinner so be it-unless you choose to treat her for a special occasion. We do sound like a really tough bunch don't we?- but she needs to live within her means whatever they are-you said she needs to make her car payments so she can get to work but at some point she may needed to live and work in a larger place with public transit and take that-and perhaps share an apt with a roomate or go on a list for subsidized housing. Not sure but hopefully a consellor or social worker could help her explore options-before all your funds are drained as well. Good luck with trying to set your boundaries!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sun, May 8th, 2016 at 11:30 AM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you everyone, the good news I can pay for our house and honestly I am willing to pay the house expenses and would not complain because let's face it I have done it for some time.

But on a positive note because I am losing the positive I was talking with my Leadership coach last week and we took a look back at how far I have come in just over a year. When I started with him my goal was to get off order desk and move up in the company and honestly both of us saw this taking a couple to a few years but in just 14 months my role in the company has completely changed. Although I am still there to help order desk when needed the other roles of my job do come first and I find more and more upper management is listening to me and allowing me have more freedom to get done what I need to do. I no longer have to report to my boss, who would then go to the manager who over saw the branch managers, who would then take it to their staff. Instead now I can just handle the situation and figure out how we move forward without feeling like half the company needs to be involved.

With that being said we do have a number of challenges we are facing.
    We have a branch manager who is dealing with a personal issue so I will be going into their branch to work with their staff well they are away.
    We should have a new employee starting this week so I have changed me plans so I can train them.
    We have a few staff members that need some extra training and help to get their skills up from before I took this job so one on one time will be spent.

Funny how a job can look easier on paper then reality. I do not think anyone expected me to be travelling as much as I am especially going into the busy season but honestly it does not look like it will slow down anytime soon. Originally right now I would mostly working out of my home base and putting in approximately 10 hours a week on order desk, instead I struggle to make it to my home branch and when I do I hide in my back office trying to catch up.

Have a great day everyone, off to get ready to meet bro soon and maybe just maybe grab a few groceries.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

Happy Mother's Day!
    I'm really missing my Mom - I always do...

Last edited by Natalka; Sun, May 8th, 2016 at 11:51 AM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Happy Mother's to all mother of children, young or old and let's not forget the fur babies
    @YOU AND ME - hope you are feeling better these days
    @Crochetlady hope your feeling better as well
    @lizzie bargain sounds like a lovely day
    @saundyl congrats on the new washer and dryer set and the savings on your nieces gift

Dh called the contractor and told we will not be doing the floor, I've spent all of the morning and quit at 3pm, I've been crapping the wood planks as we will be staining them until we mill the planks, they dry etc, I've done 2 coats of paint which was the 3" where the baseboards would normally cover as we can't and don't want to install the baseboards just to pull them back up in the next few months.

However I will be giving the contractor a call tonight as I want him to fix 3 spots all on the same wall, a thin coat of drywall mud is needed and which should dry within an hour while he's at the inlaws, then a quick sanding AND then roll the paint over and tada, I was going to get dh to do this but it's the principal of the matter, he was paid to do this and didn't do it right. As well the light switch is not put in properly it is sticking out on 1 side and the cover plate will not sit flush, I've paid for this all too be done so he shouldn't make too much of a fuss . I will then discuss my great disappointment about the bow in the wall BECAUSE it needs to be said and he should fix it .

Time will tell....

Supper tonight is bean salad, baked potatoes and steaks on the bbq which my youngest has volunteered to cook
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Funny how selling things works, I have had one shirt posted for months and was actually thinking of cleaning out some of the clothes and just donating them to make space for new ones. All of a sudden now multiple people want this top that has been listed for months and it is not even a summer top.

I have my fingers crossed all of my sales go through as it will add some much needed $$$$. I am going to use the money to do a Costco run for items that are cheaper there then anywhere else. The biggest item we need are allergy pills, we started using the Kirkland ones last year which works out much better then any name brand ones, never compared to any other store brand.

I discussed with Mom today that we need to live within what we make and stop using savings to bail ourselves out or else we could both be in the position she is in (in debt). Until she finds a new job or her work situation changes things are going to be tight and no this is not an emergency, we have food, we have a roof over our head and our needs are paid for.

Also did a small grocery shop today after lunch, spent under $30 and this included 2 Whole Chickens, 2 Dozen Eggs, Yogurt and some fresh veggies. I wanted to be around $20 which we would have been if we had only bought the one whole chicken I was planning to buy but figured at this price we could not go wrong buying 2 and I had the money to cover it.

Have a great night everyone.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-so excited had a lovely early supper at my daughter's pulled pork and her famous beans ,coleslaw -then the cake came out we were cheering as they cut it and they are having a "BOY" so excited for them
    -a new baby boy as I get to be a nana all over again I am on such a high

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

CG-congrats- you must be so excited to have your grandaughter and now a little grandson coming too! Enjoy!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -so excited had a lovely early supper at my daughter's pulled pork and her famous beans ,coleslaw -then the cake came out we were cheering as they cut it and they are having a "BOY" so excited for them
    -a new baby boy as I get to be a nana all over again I am on such a high
    Awesome, so very exciting!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congrats Coupon Girl, very exciting
    Angela273 and coupon girl like this.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information