User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JDI007
  • 2 Post By JDI007

Thread: Where can I get my eyeglasses repaired? in Hamilton

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some place that repairs metal eyeglasses, not just plastic ones.

I went to Hakim, they said they don't do repairs. Went to Vision Clinic even though they have a repair guy there they said they don't do metal type of eyeglasses...which is bs clearly they are not actual mechanics if they can't fix all types of eyeglasses...have always hated that place anyway.

Can anyone please recommend me a place that can fix my metal eyeglasses, someplace with actual, good metal eyeglass repairman.
    In Hamilton, nothing up the mountain please.

Thank you.
    This thread is currently associated with: Hakim Optical

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Have you tried contacting Sears Optical? There's one you can call at Eastgate Square. Suggest you try also contacting the College of Opticians of Ontario to see if there are members who do the metal frame repair. http://www.coptont.org/PUBLICREGISTER/index.php
    Did you go back to the place that sold you the eyeglasses to find out who does their frame repairs?

I know some brands of glasses are only sold at certain vendors that are trained in their lines of eyewear. If your eyewear is a name brand, you may have to have a licensed optical vendor send your pair away to the authorized repair location.
    However, most optical places don't fix frames, just sell frames. There was a 60 Minutes segment on how one company owns a lot of the retail optical marketplace.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks, the next place I was going to check out was Sears Optical as well. Most places just sell frames? then how do you get them fixed? they should be able to fix them as well :/ unless they just want you to buy new ones every time you need a fix...more $ for them I guess..it just sucks because they rarely sell metal frames to begin with, but will try Sears and then go to the place where I bought them..
    /thank you!
    Ciel likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The brand of my eyeglasses is Coleman, I can't even find their website..if they have one..I guess I'll try Sears first and then the place where I bought them if that doesn't work out..maybe some kind of online repair place even? if it wouldn't be too expensive. :/ damn this really sucks..
    Ciel and phateek like this.

Thread Information