User Tag List

Page 9801 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 8801 9301 9701 9751 9791 9799 9800 9801 9802 9803 9811 9851 9901 10301 10801 ... LastLast
Results 147,001 to 147,015 of 176703
Like Tree1334442Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Your humour is beginning to grow on me Jester.....like a fungus.

Boys of Summer, Go Jays! habs rule's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all, I am finally able to get back on the blogs! Great trip and a great long-weekend to come back to! I will post some pics sometime this week when I have caught up everything from work! Loving the temps back here! Have a great shortened week!
    Feeling unknown and you're all alone, flesh and bones by the telephone,
    lift up the receiver, I'll make you a believer!
    Take second best, put me to the test, things on your chest, you need to confess!
    I will deliver, you know I'm a forgiver!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Knottythots View Post
    Good afternoon. How things can change so quickly, I was getting off at noon on Friday to start the long weekend, but just before noon I got the call most of us dread, mom has fallen. My Brother called and said she is refusing a call for help. Called the wife and she ran home as it’s just thought the park, and I headed home. When I got there she’s walking very gingerly down the stairs with my brother and wife on either side. Well it can’t be too bad, she’s sits down and seems fine until she says her leg is slipping on the floor, but it’s not moving. That can’t be good, to hell with it call 911 and off to the hospital. She was checked and x-rayed and we waited and we waited, finally about 3 hours after the x-rays were taken, the nurse comes in says they to put and IV in because of the broken hip! What broken hip we ask, we suspected a hip fracture but we have not been told anything, seems the Doctor forgot to come in and tell us. Now she’s heartbroken, as now she knows for sure can’t go to her concert. I got home around 10:30 that night. Up the next day and off to the hospital. All day the say they are going to operate and there’s only two in front of her. I posted the concert tickets on stub hub and ended up with no takers. As it getting late we decide to head downtown and try and find a scalper. Guess what, there no scalpers at a Frankie Valli concert. Found one guy looking for a ticket and he looked out of sorts or homeless. I sold the one ticket for $60 and waited till just before it started, still trying to sell the others, but no takers. Since mom still had not gone into surgery we went in to the show. It was good, and we had great seats, 8th row center, and a very crooner type of show. He still has that high voice when he wants, for songs like Sherry. Mom finally got a full hip replacement surgery on Sunday around noon. After visiting with her after recovery we left around 3:30 to go home and do more planting and get ready for some boating on Monday. About a half mile from the house and I hear a bang and then metal grinding. Brake pad broke and it was metal on metal. Now its 4:30 and now it’s a panic to get parts. Only took two Canadian tires to get the parts I needed. Finished around 7:30 that night, but we were wiped and just too tired to go boating the next day. We spend Monday gardening and at the hospital. Then I got to the car this morning to go to work this morning the windshield was cracked. That weekend sucked, and my Marlies lost both games.
    Wolfie – I hope you’re feeling better
    I feel for you KT! Tough weekend all round for you and the family! Hope Mom is feeling better after the surgery and at least Frankie was able to take your mind off your Mom for a few hours! Things can only get better from here!
    Take second best, put me to the test, things on your chest, you need to confess!

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Tuesday Greetings. It sure is nice out there. Makes me look forward to summer even more. Sorry to hear about your Mom Knottythots. I know it is such a worry when our parents start to have things happen to them that challenge the whole family.
    A shame about Gordon Downie. He gets to join the tens of thousands of Canadians who are dropped into the lap of a terminal illness. He will be able to get the attention he needs.....partly due to his fame & also partly due to our rather unique & impressive health care system.
    I took my chemo drugs today just like a good girl should.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Knottythots View Post
    Good afternoon. How things can change so quickly, I was getting off at noon on Friday to start the long weekend, but just before noon I got the call most of us dread, mom has fallen. My Brother called and said she is refusing a call for help. Called the wife and she ran home as it’s just thought the park, and I headed home. When I got there she’s walking very gingerly down the stairs with my brother and wife on either side. Well it can’t be too bad, she’s sits down and seems fine until she says her leg is slipping on the floor, but it’s not moving. That can’t be good, to hell with it call 911 and off to the hospital. She was checked and x-rayed and we waited and we waited, finally about 3 hours after the x-rays were taken, the nurse comes in says they to put and IV in because of the broken hip! What broken hip we ask, we suspected a hip fracture but we have not been told anything, seems the Doctor forgot to come in and tell us. Now she’s heartbroken, as now she knows for sure can’t go to her concert. I got home around 10:30 that night. Up the next day and off to the hospital. All day the say they are going to operate and there’s only two in front of her. I posted the concert tickets on stub hub and ended up with no takers. As it getting late we decide to head downtown and try and find a scalper. Guess what, there no scalpers at a Frankie Valli concert. Found one guy looking for a ticket and he looked out of sorts or homeless. I sold the one ticket for $60 and waited till just before it started, still trying to sell the others, but no takers. Since mom still had not gone into surgery we went in to the show. It was good, and we had great seats, 8th row center, and a very crooner type of show. He still has that high voice when he wants, for songs like Sherry. Mom finally got a full hip replacement surgery on Sunday around noon. After visiting with her after recovery we left around 3:30 to go home and do more planting and get ready for some boating on Monday. About a half mile from the house and I hear a bang and then metal grinding. Brake pad broke and it was metal on metal. Now its 4:30 and now it’s a panic to get parts. Only took two Canadian tires to get the parts I needed. Finished around 7:30 that night, but we were wiped and just too tired to go boating the next day. We spend Monday gardening and at the hospital. Then I got to the car this morning to go to work this morning the windshield was cracked. That weekend sucked, and my Marlies lost both games.
    Wolfie – I hope you’re feeling better
    Sure sorry to hear about your dreadful weekend Knottythots. My prayers are with your mom for a speedy recovery!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mechman47 View Post
    Great pics! Looks like lunch was a blast! Sorry I missed it this time but hope to be at the next one!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

OMG, what a terrible w/end @Knottythots.
    You're Mom was so lucky to have you & the family nearby to help her out, and get her to the hospital.
    I hope her recovery will be a speedy one.
    And then car problems, esp. on a Sunday afternoon, and before a holiday Monday. You were lucky to get the parts you needed so late in the afternoon.

Hopefully, things will turn around for you, and soon.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to hear about your Mum, KT. Thoughts & prayers for a speedy recovery.
    Glad you were able to get parts for your car & no one was hurt when the brakes let go.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope everyone had a beautiful Tuesday, couldn't ask for better weather. CHEERS!Name:  1631014f-7893-41d0-bc45-f3bf505a7705.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  33.6 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post
    Your humour is beginning to grow on me Jester.....like a fungus.
    ​I've been called a fungi

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Historic update from the land of Peter Pan

Tinker Bell, the fairy who mended pots and kettles, an actual tinker of the fairy folk.[1] Her speech consists of the sounds of a tinkling bell, which is understandable only to those familiar with the language of the fairies.
    Though sometimes ill-tempered, spoiled, jealous, vindictive and inquisitive, she is also helpful and kind to Peter.[2] [3] The extremes in her personality are explained in the story by the fact that a fairy's size prevents her from holding more than one feeling at a time, so when she is angry she has no counterbalancing compassion. Fairies can enable others to fly by sprinkling them with fairy dust (called "pixie dust" in the Disney films, and presented as "starstuff" in Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson's novel series).[4] At the end of the novel, when Peter flies back to find an older Wendy, it is mentioned that Tinker Bell died in the year after Wendy and her brothers left Neverland, and Peter no longer remembers her.

Later years for that famous fairy:

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles.
    It might be the only sunshine he/she sees all day.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by habs rule View Post
    Hi all, I am finally able to get back on the blogs! Great trip and a great long-weekend to come back to! I will post some pics sometime this week when I have caught up everything from work! Loving the temps back here! Have a great shortened week!
    Welcome back Habs. Yes, isn't this weather just fantastic.

Name:  welcome back.jpeg
Views: 90
Size:  9.3 KB

Believe In Who You Are Spartacus's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  13221587_10156809212380577_34749880908472936_n.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  26.2 KB
    Another day in the Colliseum with the Gladiators YAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe In Who You Are Spartacus's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  399824_619784734717067_1916138933_n.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  44.1 KB
    Another day in the Colliseum with the Gladiators YAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information