User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Natalka

Thread: did you ever have one of your children harrassed at school ?

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

as she is harrassed at school my bro had to keep his little one at home ....though he and sil complained many times, the school direction did nothing to help.....i feel so sorry for them.....
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

We sure did - our son was, in elementary school.
    The first times it happened, it was on the bus - there was this bully boy who preyed on the younger kids. Bus driver tried, we reported it to his teacher and the principal. Nothing happened. I called the parent directly, talked to the mom, she didn't give a hoot.
    Yet, apparently a few kids from this family were doing the same thing, and within a few weeks the kids were all out of that school.

When it happened to him at school itself - at recesses - he was being picked on by a boy several years older than him out on the playground. This time, I wasn't going to go through any middle man - I went to the school myself at a lunchtime, went to that boy's classroom and asked for him to come to the door - and I spoke to him very quietly (and threateningly) in my best calm teacher voice.
    That was the end of that. I never heard from a teacher, parent, or principal - so I imagine this boy just kept it to himself.

Note - I don't know that I would ever do that again - but I had done a lot of volunteering at the school over the years, and a lot of the kids knew who I was.

Your brother needs to go again to the teacher, to the principal - there is no way he should be keeping his child home.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For them to keep their daughter at home it must be pretty serious. If no one at the school is doing anything for them that's unacceptable. I'd document everything and send a letter to the school district. Maybe consider moving her to another school next year. (Self defense and karate classes are good for self esteem too.) hope things get better.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

they did everything they could, yes she will be in another school next year.....so sad to face all that stuff at a so Young age (6yo)
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We have been dealing with this this year for my son who is in grade 7 (13 years old), the principal and teachers have really done nothing. But what did get some action is a letter to the principals superior, that made a huge difference and we have every single incident documented.

Although schools portray "no bullying" they do not enforce this behaviour I can tell you.

If this is bullying, it's a criminal offence and chargeable if the child is 12 or over UNDER 12 nothing can be done criminally, HOWEVER, it still does not excuse the childs behaviour.

Contact you school board to see who is the Superintendent etc and then send a letter in writing and follow up to see it has been rec'd and read.

Best of luck if you have any questions, send me a personal message.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    We have been dealing with this this year for my son who is in grade 7 (13 years old), the principal and teachers have really done nothing. But what did get some action is a letter to the principals superior, that made a huge difference and we have every single incident documented.

Although schools portray "no bullying" they do not enforce this behaviour I can tell you.

If this is bullying, it's a criminal offence and chargeable if the child is 12 or over UNDER 12 nothing can be done criminally, HOWEVER, it still does not excuse the childs behaviour.

Contact you school board to see who is the Superintendent etc and then send a letter in writing and follow up to see it has been rec'd and read.

Best of luck if you have any questions, send me a personal message.
    Agree.
    If the teacher, principal and school do nothing,the next step is the superintendent. Political representatives linked with the school board should be the next step. Each school board has a Facebook page and parents can express their anger about lack of action at a particular school, on the school board's Facebook page. Schools have a policy against bullying and harassment, and discussing taking legal action against the school would probably lead to action (sorry if it has to go this far).

If all else fails, the Ministry of Education can be contacted with an outline of all steps taken and actions that have no occurred.

Thread Information