User Tag List

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree701Likes

Thread: SDM/Beauty Boutique/Murale Cosmetics talk!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsf1sh View Post
    Did my redemptions yesterday!
    I was like Christmas morning for me today
    24 hour eye primer is absolutely amazing!!!
    I am on the fence about the benifit concealer. They have stopped selling nars, and the girl helping me out recommend it. Great coverage and worked great under my eyes in the store. Today I tried to use it on my blemishes and it is way to orange. She gave me shade 2, I am pretty fair and there is shade 1. Murale is a 35 min drive.... does anyone know if I would be able to exchange it at a shoppers that carries the benifit line?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    How do you like the Stila palette? The few eyeshadows I've tried from Stila I haven't been impressed with but they've all been pan ones I've found at Winners/Marshalls.
    amira84 and Davetherave like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    How do you like the Stila palette? The few eyeshadows I've tried from Stila I haven't been impressed with but they've all been pan ones I've found at Winners/Marshalls.
    I am in love with it! The colors are stunning. I went with soul mainly for the plum shades, they are so great for green eyes. I have used it 3 days now, 3 completely different looks, and I still haven't touched 3 shades (tomorrow tho).
    They wear so well. Mega pigmented, and all blend perfectly. I wore urban decay naked basics one day, and the formula is definatly comparable. Maybe there has been a change in formula from the older pan shades. I am so glad I got it over naked2! I think it is so much more versatile. 5/12 are matte which is nice. I also love the spirt one that is all matte...maybe one day

Lyssia510, amira84 and Davetherave like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I was unable to return/exchange murale product at SDM that carries the benifit line. Was told because murale is corporate owned, and sdm are privately-owned. Gift cards are not interchangeable too.

4sure5, amira84 and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post

Can I say something about stila eyeshadows? Please!
    I have never used any single stila eyeshadows but i have used 1 palette. Stila in the light palette. I loved it a lot. But there were 2 shades with a little bit "hard" consistency. And thee was a hard surface developed on them when i used my wet brush to get better pigmentation. So after playing witth it for a few months, my naked 1 won over stila in the light. There was just no match between UD pigmentation and consistency vs stila pigmentation and formula. I gave away my stila palette to someone.

And once i bought stila eyes are the window palette. Dont remeber it's name but it was purpley shades mostly. I returned it within a week because there were too many shades with pigmentation worse than a drugstore eyeshadow. Almost no pigmentation.
    Lyssia510 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsf1sh View Post
    I am in love with it! The colors are stunning. I went with soul mainly for the plum shades, they are so great for green eyes. I have used it 3 days now, 3 completely different looks, and I still haven't touched 3 shades (tomorrow tho).
    They wear so well. Mega pigmented, and all blend perfectly. I wore urban decay naked basics one day, and the formula is definatly comparable. Maybe there has been a change in formula from the older pan shades. I am so glad I got it over naked2! I think it is so much more versatile. 5/12 are matte which is nice. I also love the spirt one that is all matte...maybe one day

I own Naked 1-3 and Naked basics 2 really don't get the hype over any of them. There's a lot of fallout with all of the Naked palettes and they're all very shimmery or dark and not what I'd consider "naked". If they had more matte shades I think they would be more wearable but you hit the pan on the 3-4 matte shades first and then you're stuck with a bunch of shimmery shadows. The basics is great but I find most of the colours really similar so I still need another palette to finish my look.
    Honestly I've tried every Urban Decay product(foundation, eyeshadow, concealer, blush, lipstick, eyeliner etc) and the only thing I've ever actually liked is the Gwen Stefani palette(probably because I'm pretty pale, I don't think it would work for medium to dark skin tones because the shadows are pretty light).
    mrsf1sh likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I have never used any single stila eyeshadows but i have used 1 palette. Stila in the light palette. I loved it a lot. But there were 2 shades with a little bit "hard" consistency. And thee was a hard surface developed on them when i used my wet brush to get better pigmentation. So after playing witth it for a few months, my naked 1 won over stila in the light. There was just no match between UD pigmentation and consistency vs stila pigmentation and formula. I gave away my stila palette to someone.

And once i bought stila eyes are the window palette. Dont remeber it's name but it was purpley shades mostly. I returned it within a week because there were too many shades with pigmentation worse than a drugstore eyeshadow. Almost no pigmentation.
    I've heard a lot of bad things about Stila products(and everything I've tried has been returned, or given away), but the "eyes" palettes all have really good reviews and have been compared to the Naked palettes. I'm trying to be good and not buy any more palettes until I've found a home for all my UD ones that I never use.
    Anyone know if there's a place that you can sell used eyeshadow?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    And thee was a hard surface developed on them when i used my wet brush to get better pigmentation.
    That is normal with powder product unless it is a pressed pigment - even with Tom Ford Eye shadows (unless it is the wet to dry formula). Even when I spray my foundation brush with MAC Fix+ and use it with a powder foundation, it creates that layer of "hardness". You use the plastic cover (or a spoolie) and scrape over it to get rid of it. Most eyeshadow powders you use with a wet brush should get hard consistency unless it says on the formula that it can be used with water.
    amira84 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I see. I don't know this much science behind eyeshadows. I know one thing for sure that i am a shimmer and shine lover and that's why I prefered UD over stila. And I am a warm toned Asian so light coloured eyeshadows (for example, stila's kitten) don't look good on my eyes.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

What type of serum are you guys using? I love the Vichy Idealia but I only get it when it is on sale and I can redeem and get it for free. Otherwise I get the much cheaper Olay regenerist.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

in case anyone is interested, the pur minerals 5 piece kits are currently marked down from $45 to $21.50. It shows up on beautyboutique.ca and at my local store (gta) so I assume it's across all shoppers. Just a note my store didn't have labels out that showed the marked down price but they rang up at the sale price
    Last edited by illa; Mon, Jun 27th, 2016 at 10:16 PM.
    Liliia, MrsMer, 4sure5 and 2 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So, I just noticed on beautyboutique.ca that you can now redeem your optimum points. And you only need to spend $50 for free shipping, instead of $75. Sorry of this is old news...haven't been on the site in a while.

Now if they would only let us use gift cards for payment....
    Liliia, sweetmomma, 4sure5 and 5 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Does Cosmetics and skincare (like benefit, Estée Lauder, clarins)have 20% on senior Thursday? How many years old counts to senior?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheerydeer View Post
    Does Cosmetics and skincare (like benefit, Estée Lauder, clarins)have 20% on senior Thursday? How many years old counts to senior?
    It depends on the store. Most we go to its 55 not 65 and some do the senior's discount and others don't. You'd be best to check with the store you want to shop at. Though it's written in the fine print the SD Doesn't apply to prestige cosmetics or fragrances just depends on the owner. because there is technically nothing that stops the discount applying to these items in the system.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Glendon Preece View Post
    It depends on the store. Most we go to its 55 not 65 and some do the senior's discount and others don't. You'd be best to check with the store you want to shop at. Though it's written in the fine print the SD Doesn't apply to prestige cosmetics or fragrances just depends on the owner. because there is technically nothing that stops the discount applying to these items in the system.
    I once walked into a beauty boutqiue and a sales associate was telling me that beauty was 20% off. and of course that peaked my interest. I told her that i've never heard of that at any of the SDM stores but she admitted to giving the 20% off using the seniors discount. so it really depends on the owner.
    sweetmomma likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsD View Post
    So, I just noticed on beautyboutique.ca that you can now redeem your optimum points. And you only need to spend $50 for free shipping, instead of $75. Sorry of this is old news...haven't been on the site in a while.

Now if they would only let us use gift cards for payment....
    I'm so excited about this! Now I can keep buying my favorite foundation and dh can't complain over the cost(no store near me sells Estee Lauder and it's the only foundation that works for me).
    Liliia and amira84 like this.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information