User Tag List

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I went grocery shopping at Sobeys 10% Tuesday yesterday morning. The receipt said that I saved 37% on my purchase. I spent $111. I used over $20 in coupons, four 50% off Air Miles offers, bonus AM offers (still have to call AM themselves because I didn't get the bonus 25AAM when I used 4 paper AM coupons in one transaction), plus submitted the receipt to 3 different apps.

Then em we headed to the doctor to get baby checked out, got the ok. Next was story time at the library, where I met a young man who knew some people that we did. We exchanged info in case he wanted to volunteer with some stuff that I organize. I went to the health food store when Dh got home for their 20% off Tuesday, no minimum purchase required. Dh went out to a movie and coffee last night with some of our friends. The kids didn't sleep to good last night.

I posted at Christmas time about dh's coworker whose teenage daughter (Grade 12) was expecting. Her baby shower is this weekend. We have lent them 3 folding tables for the baby shower. I ammaking my baked cheese loaf with crackers. She said that a lot of people are bringing food, which I am looking forward to. I bought a gift bag for the baby shower from Dollarama and a card to go with it. She is having a boy and has been given a lot of stuff already. I've been checking with the grandma to be. I have a brand new 9 month old 3 piece outfit, 4 burp clothes, and a brand new bottle to try. None of my babies have ever liked a bottle of pumped milk. It sounds like this young mom is going to try nursing for the first while, but will likely switch to formula. Total cost of the gift bag and contents is $6.40. The baked cheese loaf ingredients cost more than that.

Today I am going to return a couple things to WM. I plan on pm'ing NF for the Schneiders Country Naturals wieners- $2.50 coup + free microwave bacon. I also have some other coupons to redeem. Another lady is coming to buy rhubarb today. I've worked with her when I was teaching and she is currently on maternity leave, but she lives on a farm. She bought some rhubarb from me last year.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jun 8th, 2016 at 10:35 AM.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cally and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I figure you all might be looking for an update on my SIL. Her condition is unchanged. My brother and his kids are up there staying at her mom's house. She has been in hospital for 20 days.
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl great news on the glasses, I need to get my eyes checked out as well I'm always increasing the font size so I can read things things certainly change when I hit 40 (haha
    @cath007 slow and steady wins the race
    @Angela273 amazing what you accomplish with your LO and the twins, I love shower food (great variety). And sorry to hear about your SIL's condition is unchanged

______________________-

Well our truck went in for $350 maintenance only to find out the 1 part is not the issue the whole things $1k later and still in the shop I could cry....Oh well sh*t happens I guess and I'm thankful that I'm couponing again and saving tons of cash and the freezers are quite full so we won't starve.

Just traded for a bunch of bacon coupons, so we will be even more stoked on meats, nothing beats a nice bacon & tomato sandwich or club sandwich

I've made 2 trades on the new SC facebook page that place is a total zoo of course we don't know the smart canuck names but it's easy to find to guess as some have really difficult wishlist

The clothesline is full top & bottom of the lines, I guess that's what happens when you haven't done laundry is 5 days , the weather has not been cooperating so took a chance today and so far so good.

Wishing everyone a great day
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

BacK from a really fun trip-even though it was cold and rainy. Saw lots of wildlife which was fun. Hi to all and welcome to tne newcomers in this group.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well hubby is still sore came in at 9.30 I had his coffee and toast ready and out the door with the car I went -had to be back in 2 hours as he had a dentist appt today
    -I went to metro -haven't been there in ages its a bit of a drive but hey got 4 hams saved 10.00 in coupons thank you thriftygranny again for saving me the extra cash -as the dentist will eat the rest up cause I go next month too
    -have a neighbour of when I was a kid dying of cancer 70 and his wife just retired a few months ago -he only has a few months ,then my girlfriend called last night her nefew passed away only in his 20's from an accident
    -trying to showel a bit out back to bring to the front to fill in the sides around driveway -but I know when to stop when my lower back starts to ache I stop
    -I saved 22.99 in coupons today -see jasper its awesome I just mailed a trade last night too -finally someone wanted to trade with me (thanks cally)it great to have coupons ready to aline up with sales or checkout51 or caddle
    -spent $ 588.00 last month on groceries -but managed to build up my laundry soap and dish soap and a few other items
    Angela273, Ciel, cally and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Hi ladies,

Sorry i haven't been around lately as my computer is constsntly freezing up so it's hard to do anything

1st of all i'm finished physio as there nothing they can do for me.I have condition called Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy which causes stiffness in the fingers, shoulder pain and constant burning pain in my wrist area.I can't make a fist and i have lots of problems wringing out a cloth or opening bottles.Needless to say i had to give up my 3 cleaning customers so no extra money for me.

My oldest granddaughter who is 16 is graduating this year,my goodness seems like yesterday she was a baby time flies.She applied to a cooking school as a pastry chef and out ot 75 only 25 were picked and she got in.Her boyfriend also just graduated from the same school as a gourmet chef.

No vacation for me until Nov.when my DD and i will take the cruise that i won when i purchased my car i can't wait

Sweetsparrow congrats on your pregnancy and all the best

Here,s hopping Crochetlady is feeling better

Well off to make some lunch and will try to post more if my damn computer cooperates
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@YOU AND ME -always good to see a post from you. Maybe you'll find something to help with the pain issues. Never fun getting a name for something but at least it can explain what you are feeling. You'll be putting your arm to use marking down the days to the cruise. Freezing computers are not fun! Could be that 2016 is the year you win a new one?
    @Sweets parrow -yes the points are shown on my Sobeys receipts. I just set up an account with Metro (not sure I'll be printing off coupons but will seek any special bonus or AM promos in-store) online because I want to see how fast/slow Metro posts AM points to my account. I got my plastic AM cards yesterday and the reverse side of the letter mentions how LoyaltyOne is not responsible for a Partner in failing to notify or delaying notification of points to LO to a collector's account. So my strategy is to buy something at Metro when I can get AM and see how long those AM points take to post. I noticed my LCBO visit resulted in 1 point earned and it showed up in my AM account the next day when I checked! It seems that I will rely on Rexall for AM and likely Metro if it is fast on points. My Starbucks card paid for lunch today so I am keen to build up to 95AM and redeem for more Starbucks amounts.

Realized last night that my thumbs literally cannot deal with a narrow satin hem on curved sections. I had to resort to basting the affected hem section before I could sew a squished seam on the skirt. I have to trim the lining and hem it but there is no curved section to worry about so the task will be much faster. I did share with someone that future satin garments needing alteration will be deposited at an alteration shop the same day...so we don't have this days before event alteration scenario again.
    cally and jasperandchar like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I figure you all might be looking for an update on my SIL. Her condition is unchanged. My brother and his kids are up there staying at her mom's house. She has been in hospital for 20 days.
    Keeping your SIL in thoughts and prayers. May her care team bring her out of the coma soon.
    Angela273, cally and jasperandchar like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Cleaning out the dishes and did my shopping grocery list (father do the grocery,i do the list,coupons and empty up)because today is the last day of deals
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

@coupon girl - you are MORE than welcome for the trade! Thank YOU for the trade!

Made pulled pork this week - saved $$$ from not going to a nearby Ribfest's - figured I can make 4 times as much for 1/2 the price! Lol. Hubby loved it - still have lots left over. Made homemade souvlaki last night for dinner with my special 'garlic crusty' potatoes. Tonight it's perogies with of course BACON!!! Lol. Still using up my stockpile from my 23 free packages I got a few months ago....but I told my husband we HAVE to pick up more this week with the RCSS sale. Use up those coupons! Cheapest I've seen since the $2.50 "CRAZY BACON" sale. Eating cheap this week is TOP priority. No Timmies. No Takeout. If it ain't in the house - we ain't eating/drinking it.

Got my first Caddle cheque today in the mail! $20.15 - not bad - only cashed out 6 days ago. A lot quicker than CO51 - but CO51 is still my fav! Hubby and I are still waiting on (2) more rebate cheques. Every little bit helps! Plus this week I can get $30 of free groceries at RCSS - Cheap and free..... (I think that may have been a friend's nickname in highschool? lmao!)

Happy Hump Day All!
    *~*~*~*~TRADELIST/WISHLIST~*~*~*~*

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I used $83.81 in coupons at WM this morning. I submitted the receipts for $4.25 in app rebates. = 60% savings. I spent $58.97 OOP, which included a new water bottle for myself, one water bottle for our son, and a 6pk of red flowering plants for our son to grow in the garden.

While at WM I received a phone call from the pre-K teacher from a school. Our big boy has been accepted. We will receive a letter in the mail with details for the fall. He will be one of the positive example students for speech, language, etc.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jun 8th, 2016 at 03:56 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well just made a lovely supper cheap maple leaf ham 4.49 from metro after coupon ,yellow potatoes all around the ham and peas and 1.59 loaf of fresh Italian bread from metro used it for lunch and supper -yummm
    -I actually dozed off this afternoon for about 15 minutes must be all the work I am doing outside -wheelbarrow going from back to front -almost ready to sod around the edges of driveway -have to wait til hubby's off thou
    -well 1 out of 3 came yesterday from kijiji -I knew it was too good to be true oh well still 20.00 in my pocket
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Hi ladies,

Sorry i haven't been around lately as my computer is constsntly freezing up so it's hard to do anything

1st of all i'm finished physio as there nothing they can do for me.I have condition called Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy which causes stiffness in the fingers, shoulder pain and constant burning pain in my wrist area.I can't make a fist and i have lots of problems wringing out a cloth or opening bottles.Needless to say i had to give up my 3 cleaning customers so no extra money for me.

My oldest granddaughter who is 16 is graduating this year,my goodness seems like yesterday she was a baby time flies.She applied to a cooking school as a pastry chef and out ot 75 only 25 were picked and she got in.Her boyfriend also just graduated from the same school as a gourmet chef.

No vacation for me until Nov.when my DD and i will take the cruise that i won when i purchased my car i can't wait

Sweetsparrow congrats on your pregnancy and all the best

Here,s hopping Crochetlady is feeling better

Well off to make some lunch and will try to post more if my damn computer cooperates
    so sorry to hear about your condition and having to give up your clients. Where are you going to on your free cruise? that's definitely something to look forward too.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cally View Post
    @coupon girl - you are MORE than welcome for the trade! Thank YOU for the trade!

Made pulled pork this week - saved $$$ from not going to a nearby Ribfest's - figured I can make 4 times as much for 1/2 the price! Lol. Hubby loved it - still have lots left over. Made homemade souvlaki last night for dinner with my special 'garlic crusty' potatoes. Tonight it's perogies with of course BACON!!! Lol. Still using up my stockpile from my 23 free packages I got a few months ago....but I told my husband we HAVE to pick up more this week with the RCSS sale. Use up those coupons! Cheapest I've seen since the $2.50 "CRAZY BACON" sale. Eating cheap this week is TOP priority. No Timmies. No Takeout. If it ain't in the house - we ain't eating/drinking it.

Got my first Caddle cheque today in the mail! $20.15 - not bad - only cashed out 6 days ago. A lot quicker than CO51 - but CO51 is still my fav! Hubby and I are still waiting on (2) more rebate cheques. Every little bit helps! Plus this week I can get $30 of free groceries at RCSS - Cheap and free..... (I think that may have been a friend's nickname in highschool? lmao!)

Happy Hump Day All!
    Sounds like you are working the pork recipes it's the cheapest meat going exception being the freebie Prime chicken breaks or ready cook bacon.

I put leftover pulled pork over salad it's delicious don't even need to warm it up unless you would like to and you don't even need to put salad dressing or very little. Pulled pork also freezes really well incase you're interested.

I'm with you I'm all pumped up for the bacon sale, dh has been advised of his trips to RCSS next week . I'm guessing more than one as the coupons roll in.

My goals for this month are coming along with all the great sales, coupons - the freezers are plentiful, I keep joking to dh that we should take the excess grocery $ and put it towards another stand up freezer, he's not biting but after bacon sale who knows. I've been puling frozen juice, baked goods and everything else from the freezers in preparation for the sale
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Jun 8th, 2016 at 06:00 PM.
    Natalka, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    So sorry to hear this; I will keep her in my prayers.

Well, it's so nice to have the window a/c in the kitchen, because it's really hot out - and in! Unfortunately, it really doesn't cool more than the kitchen, but that's at least something, because I can go in there and chill, lol!

I had done a picnic ham a few days ago in the slow cooker and just finished spending like an hour (!) being very frugal cutting off any meat which could be sliced to be used for my supper tonight - and maybe a sandwich for tomorrow.
    The little bits I laboured over cutting up I will freeze and use for a future meals like quiche, omelette, etc.
    My husband is the most frugal of all - hope no one gets grossed out - but he loves just digging into what's left on the bone (all the stuff I call yucky), and all the bits I reject!
    So that's what's for supper, along with perogies. Hm... I'll have to do up some sort of veg for myself, though.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information