User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: whats do you beilive about natural skin care remedies?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey Friends . What I need to know here is? How do you believe in natural skin remedies for skin. Have you applied anytime natural skin care remedies for your skin related diseases. How do you consider it for the cure of your problem. Give your genuine replies.

If yes, what are the best things we can take into account for the cure of skin problems?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    jayrider2k and yesicage like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've used aloe vera gel (squeezed from a home grown plant) applied to face and then using my new Monsia facial cleansing brush and jojoba oil as a 2nd cleanser of mascara/eyeshadow. Neither were used because of a skin condition although jojoba oil can be used to control acne and aloe vera gel is good to calm down sunburn. What are your thoughts?
    barbis9 and PageTurner like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there!

I exfoliate my skin with honey (I have dry skin and sometimes it causes me to break out). I just use organic honey and rub it on my face. I leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water. I follow this up with any moisturizer.

You can also try putting organic coconut oil on parts of your skin that have acne or need moisture. It will not make you break out.

The next morning, your skin will be softer
    barbis9 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Jasleen, I love honey, but to eat! I have the same problem with coconut - I think of curry! Problem solved - I use powdered milk mixed with water until it is a thick paste apply it all over my face & neck and sit until it is dry, rinse off with warm water then apply my Monsia day moisturizer cream followed by vit E oil to seal in the moisture.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oooo, I've never tried powdered milk! Maybe I should give it a go. I've even heard of people putting a slice of potato on their face to even out skin tone (never tired it myself though).

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never used aloe vera before, but I know it does have great soothing properties. I'm glad it worked for you. I would be a bit nervous myself using something directly from a house plant on my face as there may be some bacteria/microbes in the secretion you want to watch out for (not necessarily from the aloe alone, but even from the extraction).

I personally would be careful with putting it on my face or around my eyes (not that something terrible will happen, but it's better to be safe as the skin on your face is sensitive and you have so many pores which your exposing any impurities in the gel to). The soil also has some plant-based bacteria in it, so it's better not to risk contamination. Aloe vera that's purchased will likely be more sanitary, treated, and safer to use on your face. Again, you may want to double check this-- this is just my gut saying that it's better to air on the side of caution.

Just to be on the safer side, I would save the aloe from your house plant for your hands or arms/legs, but for your face, I would maybe consider purchasing aloe. I hope this helps. Your idea behind using aloe is certainly a good one. Some readers may disagree with me and say it's totally safe to use it on your face, I'm just a bit extra cautious though when it comes to facial skin, in the off chance that you develop a rash or irritation.

Hope you find this helpful!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by PageTurner View Post
    I've never used aloe vera before, but I know it does have great soothing properties. I'm glad it worked for you. I would be a bit nervous myself using something directly from a house plant on my face as there may be some bacteria/microbes in the secretion you want to watch out for (not necessarily from the aloe alone, but even from the extraction).

I personally would be careful with putting it on my face or around my eyes (not that something terrible will happen, but it's better to be safe as the skin on your face is sensitive and you have so many pores which your exposing any impurities in the gel to). The soil also has some plant-based bacteria in it, so it's better not to risk contamination. Aloe vera that's purchased will likely be more sanitary, treated, and safer to use on your face. Again, you may want to double check this-- this is just my gut saying that it's better to air on the side of caution.

Just to be on the safer side, I would save the aloe from your house plant for your hands or arms/legs, but for your face, I would maybe consider purchasing aloe. I hope this helps. Your idea behind using aloe is certainly a good one. Some readers may disagree with me and say it's totally safe to use it on your face, I'm just a bit extra cautious though when it comes to facial skin, in the off chance that you develop a rash or irritation.

Thanks for all the info. I have not had any reaction and several of my friends in different parts of the UK do similar scrubs using home grown aloe vera. We all use the scrubs immediately.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have any of you ladies used frankincense essential oil. I have age spots on the backs of my hands and I think I'm going to experiment and rub them with frankincense and see what happens. Will take before pics.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Aloe vera works I use it often

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jayrider2k View Post
    Aloe vera works I use it often
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aloe vera works against age spots???
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I mix baking soda with my facial cleanser as a gentle scrub. I also have used aloe vera from a plant - very soothing and safe to use. When my scalp is dry I use coconut oil before I shampoo my hair. I use corn starch (from the kitchen cupboard) as a body powder.

My mother told me that dandelion is good to use if you have warts on your skin.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PageTurner View Post

Aloe vera from a plant is very safe to use and has been used for centuries. Products that contain aloe vera have very little actual aloe in them and lots of unnecessary chemicals. If I had a choice I would pick the plant over chemicals any day.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AddyB View Post
    Aloe vera works against age spots???
    Have you tried real lemons for your age spots? Use it in the evening though as lemons on your skin during the day can cause burning if exposed to the sun. I used to use real lemons to highlight my hair and it worked.
    Newfiescreech and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Have you tried real lemons for your age spots? Use it in the evening though as lemons on your skin during the day can cause burning if exposed to the sun. I used to use real lemons to highlight my hair and it worked.
    Currently using fresh lemon juice after using Monsia cleanser & toner and leaving the lemon juice on overnight, rinsing face thoroughly in the morning then applying Monsia day moisturizer with SPF15 followed by Shade sunscreen with SPF25. I have been doing this for several months but because I am using Monsia along with the fresh lemon juice I cannot say categorically that it is the lemon juice that is working - my age spot has lightened to the point where a foundation covers it, so I am sticking to my current regime until it disappears completely. Thanks for your post, I will make sure that I rinse my face thoroughly each morning.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nature's Aid http://www.naturesaid.ca/ is a great product. Great for burns, sunburns, acne, psoriasis.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information