• 2 Post By barbis9
  • 3 Post By sirandrewr
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 3 Post By lecale

Thread: Loading crappy personal offers?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

So I'm curious. With PC points it seems I. You don't use or scan your card for a bit your offers get a bit better... I've had lots of crappy offers for shoppers for about two weeks now. Things like pacifiers (both my kids are too old and never took them anyway! Lol) and life brand Acetominophen (I don't use that) so I was thinking today while loading my offers maybe I shouldn't load them all? Maybe leaving ones I don't intend to use at all? The crazy thing is I don't purchase half the stuff they offer so j don't get why they'd think these offers would interest me...? Lol any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Shoppers Drug Mart
    hcao, 4sure5 and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The life brand pain pills seemed to be a general offer for everyone, we both got them on our cards too. I do find that if I don't shop there for a bit they will tempt me back with a decent WUS offer but the item ones seem to be getting less personalized for me too
    samm07 and Anna Michele like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I don't mind the life ibuprofen but I'm just not an Acetominophen fan.

Anna Michele likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    So I'm curious. With PC points it seems I. You don't use or scan your card for a bit your offers get a bit better... I've had lots of crappy offers for shoppers for about two weeks now. Things like pacifiers (both my kids are too old and never took them anyway! Lol) and life brand Acetominophen (I don't use that) so I was thinking today while loading my offers maybe I shouldn't load them all? Maybe leaving ones I don't intend to use at all? The crazy thing is I don't purchase half the stuff they offer so j don't get why they'd think these offers would interest me...? Lol any thoughts?

I also got crappy offers and didn't load them. Now I am getting better offers since I stopped loading the ones I had zero interest in. It might work for you as I am sure they are monitoring the offers and redemption rates.
    samm07 and Anna Michele like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't load any coupon that you know you won't ever use since you are dealing with a computer system. I always do one large shop per month but my main personalized ones are consistently too high for the rest of the month. The personalized coupons come from 3 categories which are 1. what you want 2. what SDM thinks you might like from your shopping trips 3. promotional items that everyone else gets or will get. So if you buy baby wash or wipes because of the great coupon and points deals expect other baby deals being offered.
    Mine are pretty close to what I buy but not exact since they are promoting their items. I bought Pure Leaf with coupon & points deal a few weeks ago and donated it since I don't drink iced tea.
    Mine: 15x wus $75, 300 NN marshmallows, 200 NN pasta (Catelli coupons generated this), 1000 Poise, 10x PC blue menu canned fish, 1000 PC fabric softener, 300 Tetley tea
    Other person: 15x wus $75, 500 Country Harvest, 600 Hickory sticks (everyone gets this), 3500 Depends underwear (money maker with large personalized/flyer offer and unlimited depends printable coupons which ends up donated) 600 Lysol cleaner, 1400 PC blue menu almonds/walnuts (clearance price + manager stick made it free a few weeks ago) 150 NN vinegar
    samm07, 4sure5 and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

For SDM I only load what I know I will use.

PC pts - load them all each week, but since I rarely shop at the stores, it doesn't really matter.
    samm07 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I don't think that which offers you load makes a difference, because otherwise the Load to Win contest that had everybody loading everything would destroy their stats/analysis.

I always load my weekly, M-W-F offers, and then load the products that I might buy, and ignore the rest.

I think it's the offers you redeem that matter. I get 2-3k on $10 anything and 10-15X on milk all the time because 25% of my total spend at SDM is on milk alone, and they know that draws me in the store, so they keep giving me the same offers. I have no problem with this drip-drip-drip method of points collecting. Physically carrying home a $50-75 shop is a problem for me so I don't tend to go for the high-threshold, high-points deals.
    Silk, momof3heathens and samm07 like this.

Thread Information