User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree470Likes

Thread: Post your Stockpile!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^wow those chrome shelves are sweet. (so jealous, I only have one small plastic shelf.) love the one with the lip on the end! so much awesomeness, but no mustard or ketchup!
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Wed, Aug 3rd, 2016 at 12:54 PM.
    Angela273, ticul, dededi and 1 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shopperwho View Post
    I used to have a nice stockpile and was very proud of it but now the only thing I stockpile are Tampons and Pads. (Went without as a teen so there is some emotional need with this one..lol)
    As a teen, I had to share a ST belt with my mother and sister..DM got it first if there was a time when we cycled together, we had to use safety pins ..when DS got her first job, she started to buy the then new stick-on pads..and then tampons much to DM's disgust..."You'll lose your virginity!"

By the time DS had left home and I had my first after-school job, DM was thinking about the stick-on pads but they were still more expensive...I spent a goodly part of my weekly pay to buy my own Sts..

And that's why...I overbuy for the Penguinettes..
    Giseledta, GeorgiaK, ticul and 7 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I just cleaned out my stockpile and threw out 80% of the stuff because it had expired. Such a waste. No more stockpiling for us. Minimalizing our lives.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Ièm going to go out on a limb here... Wow... you guys sure are buzz-kills for the stockpile thread! (IMHO...)

Nothing wrong with a good stockpile, whether on the shelf or in the freezer! If it was free a couple years ago, I will gladly use it today!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Exactly why i don't don't need competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerey View Post
    Maybe they just don't want to share their secret

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I agree with valerey- a good stockpile is great -we are down in the summer -july and august in income so a nice small stockpile helps -I have body wash and shampoo -its good for 2 years I asked proctor and gamble after that not as effective -haven't bought floor cleaner in a 2 years ex mr.clean etc -haven't bought toilet bowl cleaner yet either -so this all helps in the bigger picture of life

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I agree with valerey- a good stockpile is great -we are down in the summer -july and august in income so a nice small stockpile helps -I have body wash and shampoo -its good for 2 years I asked proctor and gamble after that not as effective -haven't bought floor cleaner in a 2 years ex mr.clean etc -haven't bought toilet bowl cleaner yet either -so this all helps in the bigger picture of life
    You just never know when you'll really need it. Layoff, illness, SHTF (Zombie) type stuff. I'd rather be prepared than be hungry. Besides, the items stockpiled in large quantities are the items I get for free. If I haven't used before they expire (ie. food), it gets donated.

Just my thoughts...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

You just never know when you'll really need it. Layoff, illness, SHTF (Zombie) type stuff. I'd rather be prepared than be hungry. Besides, the items stockpiled in large quantities are the items I get for free. If I haven't used before they expire (ie. food), it gets donated.

Just my thoughts...
    Lmao I always think "man if the apocalypse happens we are solid for at least 6 months maybe longer" hahahaha... Well truthfully not even close not the way my family eats

But I think both sides are right. Stockpiling just to stockpile is silly. And a waste of space, time and energy. If you won't use the product it's cluttering your life. A lesson I learned. I have so so so sooooooo much shampoo/conditioner. And I only wash my hair every 4-5 days! Like a bottle lasts me months and months. And my husband has short hair and washes his every 2-3 days. (So bad for you to wash often lol) and omg my body wash! I don't even use it! It's so bad for your skin! So j stopped using it. My husband uses it still because he is dirty from work. But I'm never more then sweaty and water cleans that. Therefore I don't need lotion! I have so much frikin lotion and I don't need it because my skins not dry! So that stuff is such a waste for me. And I've slowly been purging it.

Otherwise I don't stock anything else j won't use even if it's an awesome deal. Lysol no touch systems! I still have one I won't open because I hate that it's cheaper for me to buy a new system and chuck the old one, then get refills. How wasteful!

I'm ranting here. Lol

With that said. I love that I have so much free detergent! I love I have lots of $2 packs of paper towel! I love that I have lots of cheap dish soap and dish washer tabs. All things we use. Food I don't super stock. Unless free. If not and a good sale I stock 3-4 months and then get more the next sale

Anyway, my moment was looking at my stock and seeing stuff from when j first started! And it was a huge ah ha! I haven't used that. Yah I got it for $.50 but it's not savings if I don't use it! So I'm careful to watch hats going on with my stock and focus my energy on what I'm low on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I feel sorry for the OP, she just wanted pics of stockpiles and she got this! LOL

OP, since we renovated the house, I had to pack up my stockpile. Once I unpack and place everything, I promise to post a pic.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I think the point you can see is that many people are taking a vastly different approach to couponing and heir stockpiles aren't necessarily picture worthy. I'd say that's still pretty useful info for a newbie or someone just starting out. I have a small stockpile. I think j may have posted picture further back. But it's nothing to write home about or anything two shelves and a few cupboards in my laundry room. I don't think anyone is like knocking others ways. Just sharing different ways to coupon. And that's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Ièm going to go out on a limb here... Wow... you guys sure are buzz-kills for the stockpile thread! (IMHO...)

Nothing wrong with a good stockpile, whether on the shelf or in the freezer! If it was free a couple years ago, I will gladly use it today!
    I think the important words here are GOOD stockpile.

I did not know toilet paper had a shelf life and it is heart breaking to throw away stuff because it may be bad.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    ^wow those chrome shelves are sweet. (so jealous, I only have one small plastic shelf.) love the one with the lip on the end! so much awesomeness, but no mustard or ketchup!
    mustard and ketchup in particular are hard items to keep stocked at this house!!
    seylz_gurl, ticul and dededi like this.
    My favorite F word....FREEEEEEE!!
    Wanna start earning free money? fast and easy
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Weasy71

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is my cleaning stockpile. Not too much, but then again I hate cleaning so it will last a long time.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Major mom: I am with you on the cleaning, all the free scrubbing bubbles a few months. Ago I just ignored. It would take me years to use it and I still had loads of stuff, I rarely buy cleaning products, cause I don't want to be reminded I have to clean
    walkonby, ticul, dededi and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by weasy71 View Post
    mustard and ketchup in particular are hard items to keep stocked at this house!!
    My kids were going through so much ketchup. But now my oldest loves the Sweet Baby Ray bbq sauce for dipping so happy I got 25 bottles for free!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information